Any Advice On Child Adoption Please?

steveostrich

Hi all. does anyone know much about the process for child adoption in Thailand. I've spoken to various offices and departments and both my wife and i are waiting on some meetings that are coming up. I've contacted various orphanages directly and got some information. I'm from England and my wife is Thai. We would love the opportunity to adopt a Thai baby. Has anyone got any experience of this or can anyone offer any much appreciated and valuable information to try and steer us in the right direction. Again, any information would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Hmm at one point I looked this up for a friend and I remember it was quite a bit easier than I had thought it was to adopt, and cost around $18000 us.... I will try to dig up the info and post here.

You need to have all the relevant checks from your own country in place so contact social services in UK as well & ask them how you can start an overseas adoption process.

It is possible to adopt without this (in thailand) but the UK authorities will not recognise the child as legally yours & will not issue a passport or official Uk adoption papers.

Several members who have adopted this way have no problem with this as they don't intend to live in the Uk with their wife & adopted child but if you plan to live in UK (or do so already) then you need to do this.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Hi!

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful idea!

I am adopted, born in Bangkok and grew up in Sweden by swedish parents.

Have you contacted "Child adoption center" in Bangkok?

They are handeling all adoptions in Thailand now and I they are a part of "Department of social welfare".

They used to be located at Rajavitee Road next to Baan Rajavitee home for children.

At least they were located there in 2002, when I was there to look for help to find my biological family.

Please send me a PM if you have more questions, I´d be glad to help you if I can.

Take care!

/comehome