Advice On Uk Settlement Visa

Hi All,

Wanted to ask what the best way forward maybe for myself and my Girlfriend.

Currently my girlfriend is here in the UK on a 6 month visit visa. We asked for three months which would take her visit up until late Feb 2009.

What we wish to do next is apply for a spouse / settlement visa when she returns to Thailand late Feb. I will be going back with her for a couple of weeks annual leave. We plan to marry, but its going to need some organization and some cash, so what we wish to do is register for Marridge at the local Amphur and then have the ceremony at a later date.

Will she have to wait for the 6 month visa to expire before she can apply for the spouse visa?

Does the settlement application have to show photos of a wedding ceremony, or is it considered strange not to include photos?

Note - we have already been through the whole prove your relationship and post half you life fed ex to Bangkok ordeal to get the visit visa.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by tlusername

Hi All,

Wanted to ask what the best way forward maybe for myself and my Girlfriend.

Currently my girlfriend is here in the UK on a 6 month visit visa. We asked for three months which would take her visit up until late Feb 2009.

What we wish to do next is apply for a spouse / settlement visa when she returns to Thailand late Feb. I will be going back with her for a couple of weeks annual leave. We plan to marry, but its going to need some organization and some cash, so what we wish to do is register for Marridge at the local Amphur and then have the ceremony at a later date.

It costs around £100 to marry including translations.

Will she have to wait for the 6 month visa to expire before she can apply for the spouse visa? No

Does the settlement application have to show photos of a wedding ceremony, or is it considered strange not to include photos?

Insert a marriage cert with the application any photographs etc or any extra evidence is always helpful.

Note - we have already been through the whole prove your relationship and post half you life fed ex to Bangkok ordeal to get the visit visa.

Update your original file adding latest wage slips etc as brfore basically refresh the file book a chest xray etc you can do it all in 2/3 days including submitting your settlement application.

Cheers in advance.

Hi mariner29 - thanks for you advice.

I don't get what you mean about chest xray..I need to supply one?

Do you also have any idea on if we can apply for spuse visa while she still has a UK visit visa with time left?

Cheers

For a settlement visa, your wife needs to have clearance that she is free of TB. Details are on the VFS site.