Protesters Look Set To Be Dispersed At 3 P.m.

BangkokBP

Chamlong vows airport occupation to continue

Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, announced Sunday morning that the PAD would not pull out from the two Bangkok airports.

He told the crowd at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport that the people would get a victor on December 2.

The Nation

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am talking about military aid that the US provided massively to the thai generals until late 70's that made them powerful enough to prevent the emergence of a real democracy all the way from the seventies until now. "Thai rak Thai" wasn't such a bad idea after all...

Edited by Nostraforce

I am talking about military aid that the US provided massively to the thai generals until late 70's that made them powerful enough to prevent the emergence of a real democracy all the way from the seventies until now. "Thai rak Thai" wasn't such a bad idea after all...

LOL .. guess you missed the reality of what occurred then AND more recently :o

LOL .. guess you missed the reality of what occurred then AND more recently :D

my bet is democracy was fighting an uphill battle long before the 1970's or for the matter the 1870's :o

Chamlong Srimuang, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, announced Sunday morning that the PAD would not pull out from the two Bangkok airports.

He told the crowd at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport that the people would get a victor on December 2.

The people will get a 'victor' on December 2nd with or without the PAD monkeys sitting at the airport.

The people will get a 'victor' on December 2nd with or without the PAD monkeys sitting at the airport.

a victor for the people and a carrot for Chamlong

1.goto http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

2.click under PAD UPDATES on more

3.use the search option. search for the word: Victory

4.??????

5. PROFIT!!!

anyway, Chamlong knows the decision of the Junta Constitution Court allready today.

4.??????

5. PROFIT!!!

anyway, Chamlong knows the decision of the Junta Constitution Court allready today.

Everyone knows the decision as the evidence is so clear that it is sure what they'll do.

I am not so sure about the verdict.

Unlike TRT ruling that was based basically on "everyone knew what was going on but no one did nothing", in PPP's case they took remediate steps immediately, they dealt with Yongyudh internally.

On the other hand the law is stronger this time around and open to less interpretations - if the exec gets caught, the whole party must be held responsible.

If the PAD had not blocked the PPP/TRT/Thaksin folks .... this would NOT be possible. BTW ... "monkeys" seems pretty racist.

I fear that some of us are placing too much faith in this week's court ruling. The court may not completely dissolve the parties immediately. Puppets are still pulled by strings.

Exactly, PAD's beef with the govt not somuch the rigged elections but their allegiance to Thaksin. Whichever way the court rules - it won't touch on Thaksin issue.

I just hope that if PPP is dissolved Thaksin will lose his puppets.

Edited by Plus

I fear that some of us are placing too much faith in this week's court ruling. The court may not completely dissolve the parties immediately. Puppets are still pulled by strings.

Exactly, PAD's beef with the govt not somuch the rigged elections but their allegiance to Thaksin. Whichever way the court rules - it won't touch on Thaksin issue.

I just hope that if PPP is dissolved Thaksin will lose his puppets.

Plus --- have the courts EVER that you know of not followed the suggestions of the EC after the EC finds a political party guilty?

4.??????

5. PROFIT!!!

Everyone knows the decision as the evidence is so clear that it is sure what they'll do.

i never doubted that this is the Juntas Constitution Court. everyone knows that. there is nothing more to say or to add.

did you enjoy the search for Victory?

Why would someone, who wants to voice his opinion and wants that people lend him an ear, use abusive language, people - one can't know one by one... to call em monkeys - man it tells the audience a lot about yourself, your conscience, your character - go on the stage and tell em - then I would think you got a bit of dignity, but here and like this... heaps shame on yourself!

If these "monkeys" wouldn't be there, the constitution would have been changed in a rush and Uncle Takky would be back at the helm already, leading the mass convictions, closure of all kind of opponent media, pursue with vengeance any opponent figure till his autocracy would be 100% and his rule unquestionable and untouchable, the rule of the self legitimized crony mob, promoting nepotism and corruption! (One of theirs, that I know of, is f.E. nicknamed Miss 20%, why?)

The presence, existence of the PAD has so far successfully kept a lid on the evil and prevented much harm for the ENTIRE Population of Thailand, regardless of their belief, politic or ethnic background, regard less pro PAD or UDD or simply supporting none at all except one... we all know who that is and what this "institution" has always been standing for!

Does ANY population, any voter, any country deserve such punishment, see Zimbabwe.. Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, the neighbors, like Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia.... I don' think so, that is why I believe that the PAD is a rather noble movement and deserves ALL support one can give!

Edited by Samuian

The presence, existence of the PAD has so far successfully kept a lid on the evil and prevented much harm for the ENTIRE Population of Thailand, regardless of their belief, politic or ethnic background, regard less pro PAD or UDD or simply supporting none at all except one... we all know who that is and what this "institution" has always been standing for!

Does ANY population, any voter, any country deserve such punishment, see Zimbabwe.. Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, the neighbors, like Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia.... I don' think so, that is why I believe that the PAD is a rather noble movement and deserves ALL support one can give!

is that a comedy?

ALL support one can give? DO IT. why don't show face, jump an a plane and fly to bangkok, go to the pirate camp and tell them you want give a supporter speech, try to explain to ALL the foreign media, who got it ALL wrong like it really is.

meanwhile at the monkey camp:

----------------

Press photographer 'assaulted by PAD guards'

Bangkok Post Sunday November 30, 2008

A photographer from the Thai-language newspaper Thai Rath says he was attacked by People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) guards after he snapped them beating a man at Don Mueang on Friday night.

The photographer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said he was struck to the ground from behind by a PAD guard after he photographed another guard hitting the man about 9pm.

He was then surrounded by eight or nine guards who snatched his camera and accused him of being an imposter. He pleaded with them, to no avail.

More guards showed up and assaulted him further until reporters came to his aid, confirming that he was a real photographer.

"I've stayed with the PAD protesters and photographed them for six months. But now they are most hostile, a serious threat to media," he said.

Meanwhile, the PAD stopped reporters and photographers from covering the capture of a policeman by PAD guards at Suvarnabhumi airport early yesterday. Some PAD protesters also hurled insults at the reporters and closely monitored their movements to put them under pressure while working.

Reporters complained that pressmen were videotaped while doing their job. One PAD guard tried to see what they were typing on their computers at Suvarnabhumi airport's One Stop Service area, which has been turned into a temporary press room.

continue here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/301108_News/30Nov2008_news08.php

If these "monkeys" wouldn't be there, the constitution would have been changed in a rush and Uncle Takky would be back at the helm already, leading the mass convictions, closure of all kind of opponent media, pursue with vengeance any opponent figure till his autocracy would be 100% and his rule unquestionable and untouchable, the rule of the self legitimized crony mob, promoting nepotism and corruption! (One of theirs, that I know of, is f.E. nicknamed Miss 20%, why?)

You do realize that changing the constitution would have taken at least another 6 months, right? So absolutely no need to "rush" and ruin the economy. I also fail to see how seizing an international airport prevents the government from changing the constitution. Wouldn't they had to seize the constitution judges for that or something?

As I said, monkeys.

You do realize that changing the constitution would have taken at least another 6 months, right? So absolutely no need to "rush" and ruin the economy. I also fail to see how seizing an international airport prevents the government from changing the constitution. Wouldn't they had to seize the constitution judges for that or something?

As I said, monkeys.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The changes of the constitution were already drafted, and would have been approved within 72 hours of authorizing the drafting.

Everyone should support the DAAD - they are the true patriots for Thailand. They love their country and are pursuing a noble cause of stopping the evil/corrupt PAD. :o

Everyone should support the PAD - they are the true patriots for Thailand. They love their country and are pursuing a noble cause of stopping the evil/corrupt DAAD/PPP. :D

See where I'm going? Why can't both supporters of both sides have enough common sense to see that it will never end if you keep thinking like this?

Everyone should support the DAAD Thaksin - they are the true patriots for Thailand. They love their country and are pursuing a noble cause of stopping the evil/corrupt PAD. :o

Fixed for you Brit, shame you decided to side that way.

I do not agree with the PAD's methods, but i do agree with their underlying cause - remove Thaksin from Thai Politics entirely.

As I said, monkeys.

So now you resort to racism. Bunch of class acts on the forums of late. God forbid anyone have a difference of opinion. Have to love the staunch supporters of both sides attacking anyone that has a difference of opinion.

In Chiang Mai, several pickup trucks packed with government followers drove to crowded public places where they roused the people to take the law into their own hands and attack the yellow-shirted protesters and their sympathisers.

In the message, people were encouraged to find and shut down businesses and shops run by or linked to the protesters led by the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy.

On Friday night, some red-shirted men forced a noodle soup vendor in Nong Hoy market to close down for watching anti-government programmes aired by the ASTV satellite station.

Lets not forget the PAD taking hostages, shooting into crowds. Seems to me like both sides have some serious issues. To bad posters are to ignorant to open there eyes and actually see anything other than there own point of view. Have fun bashing, flaming and resorting to racism im off to work. Most likely will get sent home early again like last week. Gotta love working at SCB :o

As I said, monkeys.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The changes of the constitution were already drafted, and would have been approved within 72 hours of authorizing the drafting.

72 hours to be approved, BUT I WILL TAKE SIX MONTH TO BE EFFECTIVE. (no need to shout, please)

Everyone should support the DAAD Thaksin - they are the true patriots for Thailand. They love their country and are pursuing a noble cause of stopping the evil/corrupt PAD. :D

I do not agree with the PAD's methods, but i do agree with their underlying cause - remove Thaksin from Thai Politics entirely.

There main cause is to get rid of democracy and not allow poor Thais a vote.

Thaksin has been made into a bogeyman to scare the children, but how is he any worse than every other politition before him? General Suchinda is still out there walking around. :o

Everyone should support the DAAD Thaksin - they are the true patriots for Thailand. They love their country and are pursuing a noble cause of stopping the evil/corrupt PAD. :o

Well said! I completely disagree with the seizure of the airports, but otherwise fully support them.

Thaksin and the PPP just wait until the country falls in total chaos, so that the dictator himself can return and rescue the country! That is what it is all about and I cannot understand, why many expats can't see this?!?!

Well said! I completely disagree with the seizure of the airports, but otherwise fully support them.

Thaksin and the PPP just wait until the country falls in total chaos, so that the dictator himself can return and rescue the country! That is what it is all about and I cannot understand, why many expats can't see this?!?!

Unfortunataly for you pontificators is is not a "Pick and Mix" that is on option. Typically chattering classes types of remarks appear all too often at these times.

Your choice is Support the suppression of the Poor by this fascist mob, Leave the entire country in the hands of lunatics and Tampax stuffers like Sondhi or not. There will be no right to protest against the next Junta or PAD appointed quango or whatever is their choice of the day. Its easy and you are over intellectualising your choices in this matter.

If they out this Government the problems only just begin.

The most hilarious option was of H90 saying he didn't mind loosing a bit of business to better the country. When actually he has no chance of putting the breaks on his financial losses whatsoever and if he has business in Thailand it could be going to hel_l in Sondhi's handcart.

Oh, good morning everybody and have a nice day!

Edited by grandpops