Ice Rinks In Chiang Mai

icequeen

Hi, could anyone tell me where there are any ice rinks located in Chiang Mai, with detail if possible I don't know Chiang Mai at all but am planning on taking a trip up there after christmas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by icequeen

"ice queen" my apologies on behalf of the many normal, sane and polite TV members in Chiangmai.

You asked a perfectly reasonable question only to get two responses by a seemingly pair of "chok wow"

I cannot advise where you might find an ice rink in Chiangmai. I do not know of one "sorry"

Hi, could anyone tell me where there are any ice rinks located in Chiang Mai, with detail if possible I don't know Chiang Mai at all but am planning on taking a trip up there after christmas, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regrettably there are none and when you first visit you will hopefully understand why.

Thank you john b good, I had been told by more than one person that there was one so may be it closed down.

Oh chiang mai, I have been to chiang mai before more than once but was driven round by a friend which is why I say I don't know my way to anywhere.

Manila has at least two ice rinks that I am aware of maybe more... not unheard of even in places hotter and poorer than Chiang Mai. Many folks here do have an affinity for wearing clothing suitable for ice skating; mittens, ski hats, thin parkas with scrubby looking fake ruffs. My neighbor has been putting TWO "winter coats" on her Australian Shepard starting at 3PM daily. Afternoon temps in the 80's Life should always be entertaining

Am I the only old-timer around who knows what happened?

For nearly 10 years the Bully Ice Rink operated on the top floor of Central Kad Suan Kaew near the bowling alleys.

It was large and fun and there were even hockey teams.

Sadly, about 3 or 4 years ago, a large crack developed in the floor because the structure had never been designed to support the weight of all that ice.

After closing the area down for a while they reopened it as a performance hall for stuff like cheer leading and break dancing.

There has been no mention of rebuilding a new one.

Nothing to do with and a long way from Chiang Mai but there is definately an Ice Skating rink at the World Trade Centre on Ploenchit Road in Bangkok.

Nope... used to be, but it is history now in the recent renovation and upgrade from "World Trade Centre" to "Central World".

There is one in the Imperial World Lad Prao shopping center, and a couple of other shopping malls in Bangkok.

(Can't remember which ones... only know Imperial World because it is close to our place.)

Nothing to do with and a long way from Chiang Mai but there is definately an Ice Skating rink at the World Trade Centre on Ploenchit Road in Bangkok.

Nope... used to be, but it is history now in the recent renovation and upgrade from "World Trade Centre" to "Central World".

There is one in the Imperial World Lad Prao shopping center, and a couple of other shopping malls in Bangkok.

(Can't remember which ones... only know Imperial World because it is close to our place.)

Thanks for that bino, I was just about to dust off my skates and head on down to Bangkok to do some figure skating. Could you imagine my disappointment and embarrassment at turning up to the WTC in my skating gear and no place to use it.

I was born and raised around Chicago, but with poor circulation. Once I walked a mile to the skating rink and my feet were already frozen, so I walked home. Never could understand that sport, but millions of people do it because you cannot swim outdoors in northern climates for 9 months of the year. So, local people in the tropics do not get the hang of it. These local people honestly think air colder than 20 degrees causes sickness.

I wish the OP better luck further south, even if that is ironic.