Thailand Employers

midas

I would be very interested to know if anyone else shares my view and disbelief how some

Thai employers treat their Thai staff and job applicants so poorly? Does anyone else agree with me?

Is it any wonder that there is so little loyalty shown by employees when it's not reciprocated

or earned by the employer? this leads to poor staff retention rates.

I recently helped someone present their resume and to write their application letter

in English which was then sent to senior executives around the world. These submissions

have generated some excellent responses from many foreign CEOs but when it

gets to the Thai person interviewing here, firstly they have been carrying out

telephone interviews which I don't think gives the applicant a good chance

to prove themselves. But on top of that they don't even have the decency

to give the result of the interview or any feedback. Everything is just left

in the air . It's really shoddy the way people are treated here.

And on top of that the salaries here are abysmal.

i couldn't agree more. poor communication skills, not valuing skills or education, and wanting as much as they can get away with for the least amount possible. terrible.

i have agreed to work for a top university here, based on my phd and research background. i have been waiting 3 weeks to get paid and still don't have a contract, despite politely asking everytime i go to work. reflects very badly on my employer.

yes, wages are <deleted> too. they want the best but they don't want to front up with the dosh to keep it.

i couldn't agree more. poor communication skills, not valuing skills or education, and wanting as much as they can get away with for the least amount possible. terrible.

i have agreed to work for a top university here, based on my phd and research background. i have been waiting 3 weeks to get paid and still don't have a contract, despite politely asking everytime i go to work. reflects very badly on my employer.

yes, wages are <deleted> too. they want the best but they don't want to front up with the dosh to keep it.

.... and i'm a farang with a top notch education. :o

burmese and karen work like 12 hours plus a day for little more than 2000 bt+ pm. sleep, work, sleep, work - that's all their lives are, more than one day off a month results in reporting their illegal status to imigration. :D very cruel.