Bomb At Klong Toey

Guest Reimar

17 Klong Toey vendors injured in explosion at protest site

An explosion an Intersection near Klong Toey market injured 17 vendors, who were demonstrating there.

Four of them were severely injured in the explosion occurred at 7:15 pm.

The vendors were blocking the traffic at the Ratchada-Rama IV Road to protest against a new concessionaire, which leased the Klong Toey market from the Port Authority of Thaildn.

The vendors said the new concessionaire planned to evict them from the market so that it could lease the market to new vendors at much higher rates.

Thirteen injured vendors were rushed to the Thep Tharin Hospital and 4 others to Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Police suspected that the attacker sneaked behind the stage of the protesters and threw the bomb against them and fled the scene.

The Nation

Probobally unrelated, attacks of this nature or beatings or destruction of the vendors stalls are commonplace on thailand when landlords want low rent tennants out in order to sell or lease for big money.

Chuwit did it in sukhumvit and it was also done at chatuchak, neigher of these involved grenades tho........

Has anyone noticed it's gone aufully quiet down south?

no killings or bombs last few days, not that i've heard of anyway.....

Probobally unrelated, attacks of this nature or beatings or destruction of the vendors stalls are commonplace on thailand when landlords want low rent tennants out in order to sell or lease for big money.

Chuwit did it in sukhumvit and it was also done at chatuchak, neigher of these involved grenades tho........

That's because THEY ARE ON A PLANE not me!!! or there on a pilgrimage to BKK to join in the fun

That's because THEY ARE ON A PLANE not me!!! or there on a pilgrimage to BKK to join in the fun

probably on "pilgrimage to join the fun". i had not noticed but it is very quiet

a dumb comment that ignites hatred..

I live near klong toey market and was woken up by the previous bomb, this time i was not at home but my daughter and a neighbor claim they saw grenades launched from near the park next to the tobacco factory on Asoke prior to the explotions.

This is not related to the pro-anti-government events to my knowledge.

The targets were Klong Toey market vendors who have gathered to protest. This is the second time they've been bombed in two weeks. It has nothing to do with the PAD/PPP conflict.

Conflict of this kind is not new in Bangkok. I've seen worse over the 31 years I've been here. The police had cordoned off the area. Avoid political gatherings at night.

Klong Toey market protest continues

(BangkokPost.com) - A group of troubled vendors at Klong Toey market reiterated on Thursday that they will continue to protest at the Ratchada-Rama IV intersection until the Port Authority of Thailand cancels the concession of managing the market by the company called Legal Professional Company Limited.

The vendors said they are not afraid of influential groups and they believed the bidding process for managing the market was not transparent.

According to the local merchants, the Port Authority had a plan to develop the market by making it an all-inclusive complex without obtaining monthly rental fees from them. However, they claimed that the new company were exploiting them and wanted to collect rental fees worth 100,000 to 200,000 baht per cubic metres of the market area.

The vendors said they will send their representatives to the Parliament, the Ministry of Transport and the Port Authority, demanding for justification.

On the explosion at the demonstration held by Klong Toey vendors on Thursday at around 2am, the police revealed that they could not determine the type of explosives used yet, and investigative units were looking into the images captured from four closed-circuit cameras to track down the culprits.

Because those trouble makers in the South have all come to BKK. Better career prospect here. Not sure about social security, but at least uniform is provided. To be fair, some employed by the yellow, some by the red.