Pattaya Bar Closures This Weekend

APMann

Bars were asked to shut in 2007 (and all major bars did, but some beer bars opened anywy)

In 2006 all bars were officially allowed to open

Before that closure was the norm

I haven't seen much speculation this year, perhaps too many things could happen this week, like new governments

I remember many years ago a taxi driver told me Pat-Pong was closed because it was the Kings birthday but he knew somewhere that was open.

Funny just got in another taxi took me straight there, it was open, and now I know the Kings birthday is not in April.

BB

I guess Friday will be quiet. Not a general closure, but no music, most Gogo's closed, Discos for sure. However you might enjoy your drink at the beer bars.

I do not have a problem with that, because I like to show my respect for the King.

So we have Thursday night and Saturday night...and a day to rest and think about on Friday!

Edited by soundman
Rhetorical question about Monarchy removed.

I was watching today on THAITV, they had some kind of "presentation of arms" for the king,

he was in attendance as well as the queen. You know the palace guards, the guys with the

really big hats, only there was like 1,000 of them and they were drilling and standing at

attention and then the king gave a little speech. OOOHHHHH, also had that yellow Cadillac conv.

very slick. Not to be confused with his annual B-day speech, it was just a little impromptu affair,

guess we'll be having various celebrations all-week-long. But his b-day is on the 5th. :o

Bars were asked to shut in 2007 (and all major bars did, but some beer bars opened anywy)

In 2006 all bars were officially allowed to open

Before that closure was the norm

I haven't seen much speculation this year, perhaps too many things could happen this week, like new governments

Way back 5/12 was the only closure, none of this buddah day nonsense. So the real old timers tell me.

2007, HMK specifically asked not to close. Bangkok was open, Pattaya plod largely disobeyed HMK and asked some of us to close.

2006, there was the coup and everyone was open.