Overland Options Kl Or Singapore

Freddie_fly

I am due to return to work in Angola on the 12th of Dec, I will assume that my company has no problem getting me the flights I need from either Singapore or Kuala Lumur.

I will further assume that by the time my Angolan visa is ready, any flights from other Thai airports are already full.

So I will need to overland to either Singapore or KL to get a scheduled flight.

Its been about 26years since I have done this route, so I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has done it in the last couple of years.

Where to go in BKK to catch a bus to Had yai??,

recommendations for onward bus from had yai to KL or Singapore (company or agent).

Possibility of driving down to Had Yai?? then catching bus

I havnt mentioned the SRT because it looks like they are pretty booked up as well

regards

Freddie

Freddie,

i have just this minute booked a flight out of Chiangmai to Singapore with Airasia for Thursday 4th, i am heading out to Angola as yourself. If you are not going until the 12th i do not think that you will have a problem getting a flight for then, but i would advise to book early. The office will book my flights fro Singapore.

Airasia Tel 025159999

Geordie

Freddie,

i have just this minute booked a flight out of Chiangmai to Singapore with Airasia for Thursday 4th, i am heading out to Angola as yourself. If you are not going until the 12th i do not think that you will have a problem getting a flight for then, but i would advise to book early. The office will book my flights fro Singapore.

Airasia Tel 025159999

Geordie

When did Airasia start to fly out Chiangmai to Singapore? Is this a temporary or schedule flight? It will be good if its schedule flight.

Freddie,

Airasia Tel 025159999

Geordie

I am having a similar problem, needing to get to North Africa. I really need to get to KL for an alternative flight. This will probably involve a land trip. I am in Ban Chang near Rayong.

Any ideas?

My problem may be the opposite.

I am due to fly home to Thailand but not until 18th Dec from Auckland via Sydney.

With a bit of luck it will be OK by then but I may fly to KL and then from there I will have to go to Chiang Mai then drive back down to Khampaeng Phet.

Does anybody have a good idea how to get frm KL?

Fly, bus or train?

Forget the bus, i better option is to go to Kl by train. Great ride!

First take a BKK-Butterworth (Penang) train. Perhaps stay overnight in Penang and then take the train on to KL. Going all the way to Singapore is also a lotta fun.

Both trains are super-comfortable with sleepers and food etc...

A good option too for those who are coming in the other direction.

Just had a phone call from Air asia saying that the flight on Thursday to Singapore has been cancled, they have just rebooked me to KL. Do Airasia have schedueled flights to KL or is this flight on because of the situation in Thailand?

My company is worried now that this flight will be canceled as well, and are asking me if i can go over land to KL.

I live in Phitsanulok , which way would i go to get to KL over land and how long would it take me?

Thanks in advance Geordie

Freddie,

Airasia Tel 025159999

Geordie

I am having a similar problem, needing to get to North Africa. I really need to get to KL for an alternative flight. This will probably involve a land trip. I am in Ban Chang near Rayong.

Any ideas?

Malaysian Airways, U tapao to KL everyday at the momenet

Just had a phone call from Air asia saying that the flight on Thursday to Singapore has been cancled, they have just rebooked me to KL. Do Airasia have schedueled flights to KL or is this flight on because of the situation in Thailand?

My company is worried now that this flight will be canceled as well, and are asking me if i can go over land to KL.

I live in Phitsanulok , which way would i go to get to KL over land and how long would it take me?

Thanks in advance Geordie

Air Asia has a daily CNX-KUL flight. The Singapore flights were put on during the Suvarnabhumi closure, so I guess they are cancelling them now that it is over. Shame because Silk Air could really do with some competition on CNX-SIN to get the fares down a bit.