Private Taxi From Bangkok To Korat

rbrick49

Can't imagine it being more than 3 or 4k baht.

Couple of months ago the missus and I were meant to fly to Khon Kaen in the evening but got stuck in a traffic jam and missed the last flight.

No probs, driver agreed to keep heading NE and drove us there!! Cost 5.5K and a plate of food and a few bottles of Red Bull. Much cheaper than a hotel for the night and rebooking flights the next day. Can you imagine being able to do that in a western country!! (Well not in Australia anyway).

I've done this very recently to Buriram which is some 120km past Korat.

From Bangkok, Buriram is about 380km or so (430km from Pattaya - I've driven it many times). Korat is about 260km or thereabouts from Bangkok so estimating the same from the airport, the round trip is about 520km.

I did Buriram for Bt3500 including waiting and tolls so I'd expect Korat to be around the Bt2500-3000 mark. Though the journey is 240km shorter and thus some 30% less on gas, it is still going to take most of the day and if the guy wants to earn Bt1500 for his day which seems to be about the norm, then he can't go under about Bt2500.

I would not advise just picking one up from the airport as you might get Somchai who has not slept for 16 hours whereas if you book someone through a recommendation or with a reputable company, then you should expect a guy who knows he has a long day ahead of him but who will make a decent day's wage from the one job.

Drop me a line if you want any further information.

I did this back in October and got the cab from the Landmark Hotel and it cost me 2000 Baht,I have also taken the bus from Bangkok around 4 hours and it has cost me 400 Baht and I think time wise I saved about 1 hour so if money is no object take the taxi for comfort and speed or take the bus for the more cheaper and less comfortable option.Have fun and a save journey.

Laters

Shakeyd

:o

There are a lot of taxi drivers in Bangkok who are from Korat and are more than happy to drive you there. I usually end up paying about 2500 plus tolls, but we are both farangs so always get the farang price. Most hotels also offer this service using the hotel taxis, but they charge more, 3500 to 4500.

I paid 2000 to Pimai, northeast of Korat about an hour.I had the wife with me, and we had to rush home as her Grandmother had passed away...so maybe we got a break out of pity. He originally said 1500, but I felt bad and gave him 2000. In retrospect, I would pay 3-4000 for the convenience....I only wish I could have found a taxi back to Bangkok.

I also kept the driver happy with lunch and dinner and all the M150 he could drink :o

Pick a nice cab, good aircon and seats...you don't want to break down on the way.

Hi Folks when i get to Thailand has anyone any idea how to get a private taxi or similar to Korat from Bangkok and any idea the cost

regards Ronnie

I got a taxi from Nana Plaza , soy 4 , in Bangkok, to Pakchong,which is 60k short of Korat city, it cost me B1600, i would say,under B2500

Can't imagine it being more than 3 or 4k baht.

Couple of months ago the missus and I were meant to fly to Khon Kaen in the evening but got stuck in a traffic jam and missed the last flight.

No probs, driver agreed to keep heading NE and drove us there!! Cost 5.5K and a plate of food and a few bottles of Red Bull. Much cheaper than a hotel for the night and rebooking flights the next day. Can you imagine being able to do that in a western country!! (Well not in Australia anyway).

I always thought Australia was east of Thailand.

John..... :o