Pad Will Not Leave Suvarnabhumi

Boater

let the fanatics stay there and the normal people use the other airports and run their lifes and politics separately from what's happening in the suwarnaboom. Sooner or later there won't anybody on the tormac listening to their propaganda speaches

let the fanatics stay there and the normal people use the other airports and run their lifes and politics separately from what's happening in the suwarnaboom. Sooner or later there won't anybody on the tormac listening to their propaganda speaches

trouble is no other airport in thailand has the capacity that swampy has,if swampy cannot resume normal services till dec.15 you can forget about high season,really disastrous for tourism and thai employment.

PAD: entire Cabinet must leave office

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

trouble is no other airport in thailand has the capacity that swampy has,if swampy cannot resume normal services till dec.15 you can forget about high season,really disastrous for tourism and thai employment.

I've been offered a flight to Chiang Mai instead on the 13th - can't see that little airport being able to cope with such an influx either. If rent-a-mob are still there on Monday I'll cancel until a later date. :o

Edited by chutai

Where you come from ??? High season is out the window from day 2 . Forget 2009 also .... Maybe in 2010 you might see a comeback . Do you really think that families with children are coming on a 2/3 week holiday even this is resolved now ??? The only people coming here are the people who will come even if there is a civil war going on .

PAD: entire Cabinet must leave office

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Somsak Kosaisuk on Tuesday vowed to continue rallying at Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports and demanded the departure of the entire Cabinet.

Following the verdict on party disbandment, Somsak said the PAD would not allow the Cabinet to work in the caretaker capacity until the formation of the next government.

He said every minister must depart along with Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat.

Of 36 Cabinet members, 22 are not affected by the party disbandment and can carry on in the caretaker administration.

The Nation

Now its the whole cabinet? Enough is enough, time for the boys in green to get out the broom.

as everyone was thinking as soon as they goverment is over thrown, it will all be ok...

Problem is that still kinda same government is in power.

Maybe some different faces as minister but the same people in power in the background.

trouble is they will never be happy !!! .......

Yes , if they got the power they are happy . Anything else won't do , sounds very democratic . After they got that they make "special schools " to re-educate people who do not agree .

Where you come from ??? High season is out the window from day 2 . Forget 2009 also .... Maybe in 2010 you might see a comeback . Do you really think that families with children are coming on a 2/3 week holiday even this is resolved now ??? The only people coming here are the people who will come even if there is a civil war going on .

The problem is that many of the families that you mention have already booked, a long time ago in most cases. High season will be as busy, as and when those that have already booked can arrive. Butt hat's just this year. I doubt if there's going to be so many booking for their Summer holidays in the Land of Smiles (irony there).

I've been offered a flight to Chiang Mai instead on the 13th - can't see that little airport being able to cope with such an influx either. If rent-a-mob are still there on Monday I'll cancel until a later date. :o

Whatever happens, I'm cancelling until well into the New Year.

Need to get home to Roi-Et, but can't be bothered with all the hassle.

Even if they open up now, only the die hard expat types will go, regular tourism is dead (mainly because of recession, but this PAD thing finished it off).

A month of hibernation in Blighty. :D

It's so interesting, don't the protestors need to work to earn a living for so many months ? Or are they been paid to be protestors ? Will there be retrenchment among protestors ?? Say those with bad performance ... Thai government should just issue international notice to tell the whole world " DO NOT COME TO Thailand ", and change to "Land of Protestors" which will be more appropriate

The problem is that many of the families that you mention have already booked, a long time ago in most cases. High season will be as busy, as and when those that have already booked can arrive. Butt hat's just this year. I doubt if there's going to be so many booking for their Summer holidays in the Land of Smiles (irony there).

Families do not come ... Families have uncertainty and possible outbreaks of any violence . Everywhere in Europe and i guess around the world , foreign affairs discourage the people who want to go to Thailand . Booked or not booked it doesn't matter , they go do a different destination and will do for a long time to come . Yesterday i was talking to somebody who has only business with farangs ... she asked me why is nobody here . answer : airport close ... people no come .

Q : but other airports open now

A: yes but only people leaving nobody come

Q : why ??

a : main airport closed

q : yes but other airport open

a : farang don't like uncertainty so no come for loooonnggg time

q : Why ??

a: .....

Many people here just don't know about people who travel and just want to go on a holiday .

Families do not come ... Families hate uncertainty and possible outbreaks of any violence . Everywhere in Europe and i guess around the world , foreign affairs discourage the people who want to go to Thailand . Booked or not booked it doesn't matter , they go do a different destination and will do for a long time to come . Yesterday i was talking to somebody who has only business with farangs ... she asked me why is nobody here . answer : airport close ... people no come .

Q : but other airports open now

A: yes but only people leaving nobody come

Q : why ??

a : main airport closed

q : yes but other airport open

a : farang don't like uncertainty so no come for loooonnggg time

q : Why ??

a: .....

Many people here just don't know about people who travel and just want to go on a holiday .

Edited by sezze

The PAD will not leave, even after the PPP has desolved

The reckon Thaksin will still be in power

So the question is ... What now???

Source - BKK Post SMS Alert

Note that the SMS may be in error, since another thread in this forum reports that the PAD has announced that flights can re-start, with immediate effect ?

as everyone was thinking as soon as they goverment is over thrown, it will all be ok...

Problem is that still kinda same government is in power.

Maybe some different faces as minister but the same people in power in the background.

No, I think most people now realise what the problem is. :o

The PAD will not leave, even after the PPP has desolved

The reckon Thaksin will still be in power

So the question is ... What now???

Source - BKK Post SMS Alert

Note that the SMS may be in error, since another thread in this forum reports that the PAD has announced that flights can re-start, with immediate effect ?

well i had 2 SMS, this one first, then about 10 mins later the other one stating the airport will open...

but other reports say the airport CANNOT reopen for another week due to checking of the systems

Absolutely, Central America looks looks a positive oasis of civility in comparison.