The Real Cost

bluemanna

Thanks to the actions of the PAD, personally I had a trip to Thailand cancelled and with my refund (no travel insurance will cover me due to civil unrest), I will personally be $1000.00 AUD out of pocket. So thanks <deleted>, your criminal behaviour cost me a holliday.

Secondly there were reportedly 3 tourists that lost their lives on the roads trying to get to other airports, and I bet they (PAD) dont even give a shit, why would they, they were to busy having their temper tantrums.

Everyone involved in this is a disgrace, including the lack of action by the authorities.

And heres guessing that noone will be held accountable for the damages and criminal actions that took place.

Whats the cost to you?

Edited by bluemanna

I am stranded in bangkok only for 1 day so far, not complaining about my unplanned holiday. EVA put me on a waiting list - let see when I can fly.

but practically there are no enquiries about my house renting in bangkok and the already made bookings are under the question mark. I am slashing pricess half, back to regular and not hot tourist season charges.

a few days ago one of the forum members claimed, he has already lost all this year profit of 1mln, due to mass cancellations and no new business.

Edited by londonthai

It ain't over, till it's over - Rocky Balboa in Rocky V (?)

The cost remains to be seen. businesses are hurting - many exporters have been unable to ship their goods etc. With 1.1 million more unemployed predicted and a few hundred thousand upset and angry tourists venting when they get home, the cost will keep rising.

Are you done with Thailand, or will you try to return asap?

Are you getting AUD 0 refund? Can you fly for free later?

there are budget airlines, maybe you can find a cheaper flight?

Sorry for your loss!

It ain't over, till it's over - Rocky Balboa in Rocky V (?)

The cost remains to be seen. businesses are hurting - many exporters have been unable to ship their goods etc. With 1.1 million more unemployed predicted and a few hundred thousand upset and angry tourists venting when they get home, the cost will keep rising.

Are you done with Thailand, or will you try to return asap?

Are you getting AUD 0 refund? Can you fly for free later?

there are budget airlines, maybe you can find a cheaper flight?

Sorry for your loss!

I get a refund of flights no penalty, accomodation up to %50 loss no refund. After this, not interested in Thailand again....perhaps Penang and shopping in KL.

Thanks to the actions of the PAD, personally I had a trip to Thailand cancelled and with my refund (no travel insurance will cover me due to civil unrest), I will personally be $1000.00 AUD out of pocket. So thanks <deleted>, your criminal behaviour cost me a holliday.

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

they were fighting for more than just a freakn holiday!

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

Oh yes thats right, so sorry, criminal behaviour should be excused because they were "fighting for a cause" its people like you that make these criminals feel validated. Plus my main point of innocent people losing their lives over this incident

Edited by bluemanna

i have lost so much that i may have to leave Thailand as my buiness and other related will take months to get back on there feet...

Koh Samui will lose 50 - 80 % of tourists over the high season... think of all the money lost !!!

i feel nothing for the PAD, and i hope the billionaires who funded this will have all there assets frozen and all folk in thailand ( whether Thai or farang ) can claim there losses against this money !!!!

I here the big wigs involved have around 20 - 30 Billion to there names, so there should be enough to pay everyone !!!!

It seems like the whole thing may have been much ado about nothing. Unless their actions really influenced the courts to rule the way they did on Dec 2nd what was the point. If the court may not have ruled in their favor then their actions just might have been worthwhile if it lessens Thailand's corruption in the long term, looking back it does seem good to have Thaksin and his factions out of the government but I doubt his replacement and this way of fixing problems will be good for Thailand. Short term 2-3 years I think it will damage Thailand's reputation and economy tremendously. This just reaffirms my opinion never to invest in this country nor create a situation in which I can't be out of here within hours.

By the way I lived in Berkeley for 5 years. They found something to protest about everyday of the week and there will always be causes people get up in arms about. Those protests were however peaceful and in parks, or at worst on a road. If every cause people felt passionately about was handled this way how are you supposed to have a functioning society?

Edited by wasabi

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

Yes they are fighting for 500baht a day.

Edited by dave111223

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

Interesting to me at least is that the PAD is declaring victory when it fact it was the constitution court that did the real work.

All the protesting, and shutdowns, loss of life and money for the country etc was for not. The Court ruling would have happened even without all the protesting.

To pre-empt those that will say, the PAD influenced the court / made them act quicker - I reply in advance..nice try but no.

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

Yes they are fighting for 500baht a day.

come on dave.... most where on 700 thb :o

The PAD were losing too much public support. They needed an excuse to give the airport back, and the court ruling was it.

It is pretty obvious that the reds will end up back in power.

And Sondhi will return to start all over again....ridiculous.

Sondhi and his cohorts should be jailed immediately...why is there no talk of legal ramifications of overthrowing an international airport? WAKE UP THAILAND.

The PAD were losing too much public support. They needed an excuse to give the airport back, and the court ruling was it.

It is pretty obvious that the reds will end up back in power.

And Sondhi will return to start all over again....ridiculous.

Sondhi and his cohorts should be jailed immediately...why is there no talk of legal ramifications of overthrowing an international airport? WAKE UP THAILAND.

Article from MSNBC/Newsweek on this whole thing. Sums it up in PERSPECTIVE:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/171810

yes, there's more damage done then the PAD wants to know about ... what about all those people who will get mugged, robbed and even murdered, due to the rise of crime, due to the rise of unemployment caused by the PAD ?

in most of the Thai minds in ended well after all, as no blood was shed, just like with the coup ... but that's just typical Thais being shortsighted ...

hundreds, even thousands of people will die because of the actions of the PAD ...

yes, there's more damage done then the PAD wants to know about ... what about all those people who will get mugged, robbed and even murdered, due to the rise of crime, due to the rise of unemployment caused by the PAD ?

in most of the Thai minds in ended well after all, as no blood was shed, just like with the coup ... but that's just typical Thais being shortsighted ...

hundreds, even thousands of people will die because of the actions of the PAD ...

By overstating it to this scale, you play into the hands of the naysayers. Sure there will be knock-on effects, but thousands of deaths is hard for even the most anti-PADer to accept.

I couldnt attend my daughters graduation i Australia, and Air Asia being a point to poiint carrier (flight from BKk to KL, KL to Gold Coast) would not refund my KL to GC sector. I couldnt even change it ( who could get through)...so cost to me some 800 AUD and not seeing my daughter (cost priceless)...

This is typical thai style, the really dont give a shit about anyone, and you know what, even when 2-3 million thais are out of work and the tourist industry goes down the toliet, they still wont have any idea why ????? GO FIGURE !!!!!

Whats the cost to you?

How trite.

Interesting to me at least is that the PAD is declaring victory when it fact it was the constitution court that did the real work.

All the protesting, and shutdowns, loss of life and money for the country etc was for not. The Court ruling would have happened even without all the protesting.

To pre-empt those that will say, the PAD influenced the court / made them act quicker - I reply in advance..nice try but no.

NOT TRITE, THE PAD ACHIEVED NOTHING... THE COURT PROCESS WOULD HAVE HAD THE SAME OUTCOME WITHOUT THEIR STUPIDITY!!

Plus my main point of innocent people losing their lives over this incident

Verified?

Source?

NOT TRITE, THE PAD ACHIEVED NOTHING... THE COURT PROCESS WOULD HAVE HAD THE SAME OUTCOME WITHOUT THEIR STUPIDITY!!

QFT

Edited by quiksilva

It seems like the whole thing may have been much ado about nothing. Unless their actions really influenced the courts to rule the way they did on Dec 2nd what was the point....

The PADdites say that the protests forced the Constitutional Court to bring forward their hearing two weeks, thus stopping the PPP government from having the necessary time to change the constitution to allow Thaksin to get his money back (76 billion baht).

I don't know if there are any links to this information, from a reliable source. :o

Everyone involved in this is a disgrace, including the lack of action by the authorities.

And heres guessing that noone will be held accountable for the damages and criminal actions that took place.

Whats the cost to you?

The cost to me? I had to make a business trip to Vietnam. Instead of a 2 hour direct flight from Bangkok I had to drive 11 hours to Phuket, stay overnight then fly to Kuala Lumpur then fly to Ho Chi Minh and another 4 hour drive to Can Tho. I'll probably be going back the same way.

It was a pain in the arse. But frankly, I don't mind. If that's what it takes to throw down the despicable, disgusting, selfish, puppet scum of a 'government' (if we can call it that), so be it. This country is trying to throw off the yoke of despotism. Just thank your lucky stars that you live in a stable, mature democracy and stop whining about your bloody holiday, other parts of the world have much bigger problems than that.

i have lost so much that i may have to leave Thailand as my buiness and other related will take months to get back on there feet...

Koh Samui will lose 50 - 80 % of tourists over the high season... think of all the money lost !!!

i feel nothing for the PAD, and i hope the billionaires who funded this will have all there assets frozen and all folk in thailand ( whether Thai or farang ) can claim there losses against this money !!!!

I here the big wigs involved have around 20 - 30 Billion to there names, so there should be enough to pay everyone !!!!

Sue em, sue em, sue em. If nothing else file the papers. Bring it to people's attention. Name the big bosses, and then the entitiy itself. Put it in the news. Get to the money that backed PAD.

Whats the cost to you?

The cost to me? I had to make a business trip to Vietnam. Instead of a 2 hour direct flight from Bangkok I had to drive 11 hours to Phuket, stay overnight then fly to Kuala Lumpur then fly to Ho Chi Minh and another 4 hour drive to Can Tho. I'll probably be going back the same way.

It was a pain in the arse. But frankly, I don't mind. If that's what it takes to throw down the despicable, disgusting, selfish, puppet scum of a 'government' (if we can call it that), so be it. This country is trying to throw off the yoke of despotism. Just thank your lucky stars that you live in a stable, mature democracy and stop whining about your bloody holiday, other parts of the world have much bigger problems than that.

Can you get a democratically elected despot?