Police Asked To Press Terrorism Charges Against Pad Leaders

george

You missed a few. One I can remember now is the PAD guards beat a PAD who wanted to go home. The dead body has been found without the head, and as I remember, the victim is from Phitsanulok.

Sorry. I had the wrong info. They only used a knife to "theang" his neck, not to cut.

How about you link us ANY info regarding this?

Or we could all start to post crap like this:

"I heard a rumor that the real reason Thaksin was divorcing was that his piggly wife had found him in the bed with the male gardener and a you boy from a Chaing Mai orphanage. Anyone have more information or can confirm?"

(Have already seen 5 posts like this over the past 2 days, people 'asking for more info' about outlandish rumors. That is how one starts them...)

It was on the tv. Bad I didn't record that because I thought everybody watched it.

And this magical news-show could be seen by others?

And no newspaper has picked up the story?

Or website with credibility?

Not saying it couldn't have happened, but given your past post-history...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realise it was Jonathan Head.

I'm sorry, I must concur with that unnamed poster - what a <deleted>!

All he can say about Oct 7 - a few injured. He surely knows that it is a blatant misinformation.

Clever boy indeed.

>>>

I remember someone heard him say on TV that Udon Thani borders Laos. Couldn't be true, he can't be that ignorant.

People you seem to be under the impression that the yellow shirts are thugs and the police are in on it too, well it doesnt matter what color T shirt you are wearing the Thai and Thai police use the mob rule method when ever they have a rally or protest , In Thailand the majority are peeceful people but when in a group they always resort to violence and the police are no better, the whole country is built on corruption and lies, throw taksin in jail, return rule to the monarchy, sack the police generals and their henchmen, how the hel_l can the so called law enforcment allow civilians to have the right to arrest , beat, search, or any other related method against each other, this makes the whole police force a total joke, any civilian caught with a weopen should be arrested and thrown in jail without trial. This whole situation and indeed many before has been a total joke seen by the western world , the thai mentality and two faced smile is a load of rollocks, they are for the most no better than common criminals and should be treated as such. they all when in a gang resort to violence, it has been seen over and over again.

Bring in the Army and arrest the police for incompetence.

Have a Nice Holiday in Thailand ( Land of the smiles ) as long as you spend a lot of money !!!!

Some experts here not knowing how to defense the PAD, said that "if no Khun Thaksin, no PAD". It makes sense huh. I'll say blame on Khun Thaksin's mother who brought him into life :o and blame on his father who cooperated with his mother :D

Show me one PAD rally involving the airport (or any of them for that matter) that had a 100,000+ people

First of all - this number has nothing to do with the airport, Jonathan Head specifically used the word "never".

Back in 2006 PAD had several big ass rallies with well over 100k attendants.

Clever boy JH chose to conveniently forget it.

I only know one thing that my past post history shows that I'm 100% Pro TRT and I don't make up stories. As soon as I realized I gave a wrong info, I went back to correct.

Don't think you'll see that news on The Nation and BKK Post. I saw how the guards beat the guy on tv (not NBT channel) but this kind of beating was too common and is considered not a big news.

Did you see any news anywhere that one the Court members also worked as a look chang to teach in universities (look chang is “employee” in their definition)? Back then they decided Khun Samak has to fall for being a look chang. When the Court is not qualified, can they judge people? What he has done so far is to be silent. No answer. No comment.

It's true that in 2006 before their real aims were divulged the PAD could muster a good size group. As their popularity waned, as their screaming got tiresome, rallies became smaller. The sad thing is that they have such few numbers of supporters they will never be able to get any popular support. So their tactics will always depend on intimidation and destruction.

What an astonishing piece of garbage!!!

'..a vital transport hub to be stormed by a mob that never numbered more than a few thousand?'

How about a few HUNDRED thousand, if they talk about ever/never?

Just a paragraph later:

"disastrous events in October, when several PAD supporters were seriously injured in clashes with the police."

How about several HUNDRED injured and one dead?

"the local governor asked the army for assistance." - what local governor?

There's perhaps even more bloopers downs the page, I can't be bothere to read this crap.

>>>

And that's on BBC, of all places.

I'm sorry, but whatever credibility Western media had in covering Thailand is disappearing very fast. Ignorant morons pulling stuff out of their assess to fill the pages, that's what it is.

As as been said by many other posters here, Jonathon Head of the BBC reported this - say no more ! I suspect that fact has not got in the way of fiction for him to produce a sensationlised story as is often the case with him. sometimes I wonder if he is in a differant Bangkok to many of us here, perhaps there is a parrallel universe after all. The BBC used to have a world wide reputation for journalistic excellance with respect to reporting, seems like their standards are dropping significantly.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

I only know one thing that my past post history shows that I'm 100% Pro TRT and I don't make up stories. As soon as I realized I gave a wrong info, I went back to correct.

Don't think you'll see that news on The Nation and BKK Post. I saw how the guards beat the guy on tv (not NBT channel) but this kind of beating was too common and is considered not a big news.

Did you see any news anywhere that one the Court members also worked as a look chang to teach in universities (look chang is “employee” in their definition)? Back then they decided Khun Samak has to fall for being a look chang. When the Court is not qualified, can they judge people? What he has done so far is to be silent. No answer. No comment.

You claim to not make up stories, but yet you have posted repeatedly that Thaksin isn't a criminal, that Somchai didn't go to the love hotel, that...and so on.

If there was a prize involved I would bother to go back and list all the things you have posted that are either not true or pure speculation and rumors at best. Or politicized hyperbole.

But to be frank, you have managed to post to much cr*p for a complete list to be made within a reasonable time frame and some of us have to work.

And if you don't understand why the PM cannot be recieving salaries from other sources while judges or others are able to teach or be professors at universities...well, it speaks more of you than you think.

A first hint would be what kind of area of responsibility those jobs have. And what influence over state budget they have...

Did you see any news anywhere that one the Court members also worked as a look chang to teach in universities (look chang is "employee" in their definition)? Back then they decided Khun Samak has to fall for being a look chang. When the Court is not qualified, can they judge people? What he has done so far is to be silent. No answer. No comment.

You claim to not make up stories, but yet you have posted repeatedly that Thaksin isn't a criminal, that Somchai didn't go to the love hotel, that...and so on.

If there was a prize involved I would bother to go back and list all the things you have posted that are either not true or pure speculation and rumors at best. Or politicized hyperbole.

But to be frank, you have managed to post to much cr*p for a complete list to be made within a reasonable time frame and some of us have to work.

And if you don't understand why the PM cannot be recieving salaries from other sources while judges or others are able to teach or be professors at universities...well, it speaks more of you than you think.

A first hint would be what kind of area of responsibility those jobs have. And what influence over state budget they have...

I still can't see why Khun Thaksin is a criminal. I see one case so far that he has 2 years in cell because his wife bought a land. And that is criminal?

As as been said by many other posters here, Jonathon Head of the BBC reported this - say no more ! I suspect that fact has not got in the way of fiction for him to produce a sensationlised story as is often the case with him. sometimes I wonder if he is in a differant Bangkok to many of us here, perhaps there is a parrallel universe after all. The BBC used to have a world wide reputation for journalistic excellance with respect to reporting, seems like their standards are dropping significantly.

I've often thought about applying for Mr Heads job, with the cr@p he's put out over the past weeks, i couldn't do any worse than he has if i wrote next weeks news today! Clearly he needs to get his finger 'on the pulse' of whats happening around here!

I've often thought about applying for Mr Heads job, with the cr@p he's put out over the past weeks, i couldn't do any worse than he has if i wrote next weeks news today! Clearly he needs to get his finger 'on the pulse' of whats happening around here!

Clearly the Brains Trust is out in force today.

As mentioned previously Khun Anand Panyarachun in my earshot praised Jonathan as the most intelligent/astute reporter on the ground in Bangkok.It's really a question of personal preference whether one pays more respect to the views of a universally respected ex-Prime Minister, a real Thai statesman, or the semi coherent prejudices of a few deadbeat foreigners.I know what I think.

I still can't see why Khun Thaksin is a criminal. I see one case so far that he has 2 years in cell because his wife bought a land. And that is criminal?

Yes, it is. So is subverting the judicial system.

And the other cases will be handled as soon as he makes his appearance in court.

But I'm not surprised that you cannot grasp that what he did was illegal. Or something else he did...

As mentioned previously Khun Anand Panyarachun in my earshot praised Jonathan as the most intelligent/astute reporter on the ground in Bangkok.It's really a question of personal preference whether one pays more respect to the views of a universally respected ex-Prime Minister, a real Thai statesman, or the semi coherent prejudices of a few deadbeat foreigners.I know what I think.

We are supposed to alter our views of a journalist that post semi-factual correct articles, meaning he seem to omit things to make his article have a slight spin, since you say that someone you like said something positive about him within your earshot? Whatever happened to 'thinking for oneself'?

And regarding deadbeat foreigners...well, you surely are proving your case. :o

Hmmm I'll stick with folks that can get some facts straight and not rely on insults when they get busted ...... So that means (dare i say it?) No to Head and no to the "young" husband

Did you see any news anywhere that one the Court members also worked as a look chang to teach in universities (look chang is "employee" in their definition)? Back then they decided Khun Samak has to fall for being a look chang. When the Court is not qualified, can they judge people? What he has done so far is to be silent. No answer. No comment.

Koo, the law says a elected leader that allows his wife

to do business deals with the government he controls,

is breaking a law. He did this, he knew it wasn't allowed but he did.

It is not my law, it is not a law put in place by westerners, but by thais.

If you want to say the thais who put it in place didn't have the right too,

but history of thailand speaks differently.

Simple fact : it was a law on the books,

he broke that law and was found guilty,

he was sentenced rather lightly in the range of possibilities.

There really is nothing further to discuss about it.

If you don't believ the law esists, look it up,

if you don't believe it was fairly applied

LOOK UP THE RULING on line it is there in thai and enlgish.

Thaksin can say what he likes, but as far as a law on the books for Thailand

He was convicted,

and ONLY one vote over the edge is legally binding

There is no 'ALMOST innocent' arguement

Look up the facts online, and then start believing in reality.

I hate to burst your assumed bubble of innocence,

but reality is much more powerful than fantasy and wishful thinking.

It IS common practice for judges to be occasional lecturers at university level.

BUT and a VERY big but, if a judge is lecturer at a specific university,

if he was called to RULE on a case involving that school,

he would recuse himself from the case..

Recuse means he would anounce he might be seen as biased

and it is needed to assign a different judge to the case.

The judge ruling on Thalksin's case didn't work fro Thaksin, no foul.

Thaksin was ther PM, or top executive of this country and it;s tax department.

If he wanted to buy that lkand so bad he could have

AFTER he recused himself from being in control of the government tax department.

In other words if he hads resaigned even the DAY of the sale,

he would not be convicted of this rule braking.

That's the difference between Thaksin's legal crime and a judge teaching

`t a University he is not ruling over in a law case.

Samak on the other hand was cooking AND talking politics asnd being paid

by A MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANY. This company gets it's money,

but selling it's shows on mostly government sponsered TV stations.

Samack as HEAD OF THE GOVERNMENT could order their shows be run more often or not at all.

So it was seen as 'confilct of interest' that he was being paid by a company to DO ANYTHING AT ALL.

since he COULD potentially control how much money that company could make.

These are not new oncepts, Thailand has just be slower, by far,

than most countries in adopting them as policy. But again :

LAWS ON THE BOOKS of THAILAND. Not fantasy land.

Most all countries have these laws. it's not some special law

puytin to nail Samack personally. He just decided to ignore it.

To his great loss and regret.

Edited by animatic

And the other cases will be handled as soon as he makes his appearance in court.

But I'm not surprised that you cannot grasp that what he did was illegal. Or something else he did...

We are supposed to alter our views of a journalist that post semi-factual correct articles, meaning he seem to omit things to make his article have a slight spin, since you say that someone you like said something positive about him within your earshot? Whatever happened to 'thinking for oneself'?

Khun Anand is rather more than "someone I like."

The fact is I respect his judgement more than a few underemployed (is that better than deadbeat?) foreigners.My own opinion is of course that Jonathan Head does a first class job.

A pertinent comment from the boys over at New Mandala

PAD’s by-election poison

December 4th, 2008 by Andrew Walker

The Election Commission of Thailand has indicated that constituency by-elections for banned MPs will go ahead on 11 January 2009 (the same day as the election for the Bangkok Governor). There will be 29 parliamentary seats to fill, in 26 constituencies in 22 different provinces. Of course there is no guarantee that these by-elections will go ahead. The anti-government forces will be courting further judicial intervention, or a military coup, to overturn the electoral process. But if the by-elections do proceed they will be an interesting test of popular will in a highly polarised political climate.

How will the defenders of democracy in the PAD behave in the by-election campaigns? Will they mobilise their formidable rhetorical and logistical machine to mount local campaigns in support of opposition candidates? Will plastic hand-clappers and iron bars become popular features of local political rallies? Will PAD cadres be walking the streets in the towns and villages of the 26 constituencies to provide some of their much-vaunted political education? Will yellow be the colour of local opposition campaigns? Will banners, leaflets and posters proclaiming the PAD’s “new politics” festoon light poles and shop awnings in the 22 lucky provinces?

I suspect not.

Opposition candidates are likely to keep as much distance between themselves and the PAD as possible. The last thing they want is for the by-elections to become a mini-referendum on the PAD’s recent provocations. The PAD is electoral poison and, as the economic and social impacts of PAD’s airport thuggery start to hit home, the potency of the poison will increase. There are numerous colourful and eccentric characters in Thai politics, but probably not many mad enough to campaign alongside the post-Suvanabhumi PAD.

And, of course, the PAD has never shown any interest in electoral processes. They hold the electorate in contempt. Their fundamental mission is to sabotage electoral politics not to contest it.

Khun Anand is rather more than "someone I like."

The fact is I respect his judgement more than a few underemployed (is that better than deadbeat?) foreigners.My own opinion is of course that Jonathan Head does a first class job.

Maybe the poster does not understand Khun Anand's recent history of opposing Thaksin- even to the point of claiming that prior to the coup the country was on the verge of becoming a 'failed state'- a statement that must have lent legitimacy to their 'struggle'. The guy is not exactly a government shill.

Let us know when you have a full list of what each and everyone that opposes your view on this forum has as occupation or what connections they have.

You seem to be suffering from some [...] syndrome in your eternal struggle to claim everyone else lower than you.

Let us know when you have a full list of what each and everyone that opposes your view on this forum has as occupation or what connections they have.

You seem to be suffering from some [...] syndrome in your eternal struggle to claim everyone else lower than you.

An internet forum is by definition anonymous.However over time it becomes comparitively straight forward to make reasonably confident assumptions on intelligence, quality of perception, level of education, class and ethnic background.

As to this forum I think one can assume the most prolific posters have nothing better to do with their time."Deadbeat" was probably too harsh a term but certainly "underemployed" is on the money.My own level is rising worryingly high but I have a long way to go before reaching championship level.Then it really will be time to reach for the Kool Aid.

And you enquire about me? Think Stephen Fry/Boris Johnson/Rupert Everett in one supercilious but nevertheless impressive package.

An internet forum is by definition anonymous.However over time it becomes comparitively straight forward to make reasonably confident assumptions on intelligence, quality of perception, level of education, class and ethnic background.

As to this forum I think one can assume the most prolific posters have nothing better to do with their time."Deadbeat" was probably too harsh a term but certainly "underemployed" is on the money.My own level is rising worryingly high but I have a long way to go before reaching championship level.Then it really will be time to reach for the Kool Aid.

And you enquire about me? Think Stephen Fry/Boris Johnson/Rupert Everett in one supercilious but nevertheless impressive package.

Yes, Critical thinking at its best!

From "deadbeat" to "underemployed" -- your psychic abilities astound me! You leave out people that are 1) wealthy enough not to have to work. 2) retired 3) employed online 4) Management level with tons of free time.

Then moving on to the innuendo that people that fall into any of the above categories or even are deadbeats (or just smarter than you and avoid silly phrases like "fascist thugs") should "reach for the Kool Aid".

Classic! :o:D :D

Yes, Critical thinking at its best!

From "deadbeat" to "underemployed" -- your psychic abilities astound me! You leave out people that are 1) wealthy enough not to have to work. 2) retired 3) employed online 4) Management level with tons of free time.

Then moving on to the innuendo that people that fall into any of the above categories or even are deadbeats (or just smarter than you and avoid silly phrases like "fascist thugs") should "reach for the Kool Aid".

Classic! :o:D :D

Don't take "underemployed" too literally old bean.

P.S Love your category - management level with tons of free time.

Hi All.

So many posts slagging off the PAD also refering to them as ''These People '' What kind of Government would Thailand have now?If not for '' These People"?Would you have been allowed to be in Thailand? Would there be Thai Visa Forum? The way Thaksin was taking Thailand he wanted to be Number 1 Emperor Thaksin ,Dont do what i do but do as I say,or else face the consequences. No, I think foreigners here in Thailand should thank the PAD,and if they come on the streets again it will only be to stop the Thaksin Puppets from doing even more dastardly deeds. God forbid he ever gets power again,If they come out again it will only be to protect Thailand from the puppet regime.

phupaman

you forget the man behind Thaksin and the idea of "good leadership" (which doesn't have to be so legit democratic at all) that thaksin was supposed to be representing. the focus on one man as leader, the autocratic method was and is are concept Chamlong Srimuang stands for.

after the 1992 protests and the bloddy escalation Chamlong was blamed for he lost his credebility and political influence. until he create Thaksin, his nominee. and Chamlong was the teacher, mentor and advisor behind thaksin since the mid 90 and also for long time during the premiership of Thaksin. Chamlong defended Thaksin against critics, saying there are times where a leader have to act the way thaksin does. later Chamlong switch the horses and the idea of "good leadership" (what still doesn't mean that that leader have to be democratic elected) is still there. that is the root problem.

human rights organisation and other circles who have been outspoken critics of thaksin all the time are now much more concerned and warning of that what the PAD want to raise with "new politics" and the force is behind that.

you didn't like the New Social order campaign? bars closing earlier and can open only in special zones? that is Chamlong idea, a "good leader" protect his people, guide them to do the "right thing" and so was the "war on drug" also that what a good and strong leader have to do. Chamlong principle. Chamlong the funsucker, celibate and prohibitionist. full of uber moral. denies woman abortion even in case of rape or the medical condition pregnancy puts her live on danger. Thaksin and Chamlong got in dispute over thaksins idea to fight illegal underground lottery and underground casinos with making them legal. no more tea money for police and judges but tax money in return. and a better control of it. nothing for moralist chamlong, he prefer crackdowns.

Chamlong is gagga, got even in dispute with thaksin after the government launched a campaign to give milk to your loved ones. but vegetarian Chamlong is opposed that adults drink milk.

and foreigners in thailand - PADs economic concept, that comes with new politics is a anti-globalisation concept, 150% nationalistic and lots of ecology added. a theory that denies the needs of exports for example. that is not open for international investment, because that is finance-capitalistic money and thailand should go his own way.

"PAD founder and media baron Sondhi Limthongkul is leading the backlash. In contrast to Thaksin, who often spoke of elevating Thailand to the ranks of the developed world, Sondhi advocates a "reasonable society" no longer burdened by debt and obsessed with "how many cars or washing machines" people own. He favors limits on foreign investment, opposes privatization of utilities and warns, "Don't impose a free trade, consumer-oriented society on Thailand."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157506

to be open for foreign investment, market liberalisation, conduct business with non-thais that was and is in the eyes of PAD thaksin biggest crime.

"Pipob Thongchai expressed his agreement with another PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul to resort back to what he referred to as Eastern style economic system. Pipob said he agreed with Sondhi’s proposal for Thailand to try to restore its economic balance and push for environmentally sustainable economic development.

Pipob asserted that the balance between the environment and national revenue has been distorted by the Thaksin regime. He cited the Thaksin’s regime economic liberalization efforts as some of the greatest threats to the Thai economy."

TOC, News from the PAD propaganda channel

the ignorance of the consequences the take over of the airport had, business wise, the damage for the economy, the signals the international community may get. and so on. PAD don't care about it. international relations they don't want, are not needed in their new politics and new economics. they want 'free thailand from any obligations with UN and Unseco*.

in PAD new politics is no space for foreigners, not even for tourists.

or what are your dreams about where foreigner will be after the PAD install their "new politics" and like so often said, don't take power themself but control that only "good people" get the power.

if we see us again on the airport, on the way out, make sure to wear a yellow bandana and stand there to recieve the words of thanks foreigners might have for the PAD.

Thought readers might like to see this breaking story from UK which really shows what other countries are saying about the Thai airport chaos

Concern mounts over Thai airport security lapses

2 hours 2 mins ago

As Thai authorities race to get Suvarnabhumi airport ready for full international operations, airline officials and diplomats fear major security concerns are being overlooked.

They say the ease with which a rag-tag group of anti-government protesters took over Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports last week exposed fundamental security problems that need to be addressed.

But with the tourist-dependent Thai economy haemorrhaging revenue as a result of the airport closures, stakeholders feel they are being pressured into restarting operations.

On Thursday, Bangkok-based ambassadors of some of Thailand's most important allies and trading partners issued a joint statement saying they were "seriously concerned" at the vulnerability to outside assaults of Suvarnabhumi and the mostly domestic Don Muang airports.

"(We) urge the government of Thailand to take all necessary measures to improve the protection and security of all Thai airports," said the statement, signed by Australia, Canada, the European Union, Japan, Korea, New Zealand and the United States.

Airline representatives in Thailand contacted by Reuters were highly critical of the response to the airport blockades, how the emergency was dealt with and efforts to restart operations.

None was willing to be identified. "We have to work here," said one.

"We are under enormous pressure to open -- from the airport authorities, from stuck passengers, from shareholders, from the tourist industry ...," said one airline official.

"But our genuine security concerns are being ignored."

Chief among those concerns are the security lapses that allowed a supposedly state-of-the-art, $4 billion (2.6 billion pound) airport, opened just two years ago, to be overrun in minutes by a few hundred protesters, even if some were armed with clubs and metal rods.

SECURITY MELTED AWAY

Airport security initially held back the protesters a few hundred metres (yards) from the terminal, but when pressed, they melted away.

Suvarnabhumi is a key regional hub handling hundreds of flights a day and over 150,000 passengers. Within minutes the airport was overrun and passengers watched -- some shocked, some initially bemused -- as the yellow-clad protesters coursed through the terminal.

"What if they were armed terrorists? What if this was India?" one airline official asked, referring to the attacks a day later by just 10 Islamic gunmen in Mumbai that killed 171 people.

Some Thailand watchers justified the lack of response as being typical of the country's delicate domestic political situation. The authorities couldn't, or wouldn't, use force against the protesters because of their perceived support from parts of the royal family.

Airport general manager Serirat Prasutanond, touring Suvarnabhumi on Wednesday after the protesters finally abandoned their siege, told Reuters: "They did no damage. They love Thailand."

But such apparently flippant dismissals of security lapses only enrage those who insist on more professionalism.

"It is a joke," said one Singapore-based industry consultant. "If that happened here or in Kuala Lumpur, the protesters would have been shot. Whoever was responsible for security, they would have been shot next."

Airports of Thailand officials say Suvarnabhumi will be fully operational by Friday afternoon after the massive, sprawling facility has been thoroughly "sanitised" by security experts.

But operators say it will take a lot more to convince them that security is as good as it should be.

"In the next few weeks we (foreign operators) are going to be getting together and making a stand," one industry insider said. "Things absolutely have to change."

"This situation cannot go on. If a major event takes place now, we will never be able to say we didn't see it coming, that we couldn't prepare."

(Editing by Alan Raybould)

Trying to prosecute the PAD leaders will only inflame the situation--but what the Thai Authorities need to do now is make sure this does not happen again..on Dec 8 or whenever the PAD decides to protest again the airport or seaports, their convoys of protesters should be met by roadblocks armed with machine guns..and if they try to shut down vital economic arteries again, it's gonna be time to blow some of them away tienamen square style.

Always amazed me what one could learn about some posters here.

Or how one could see the usual suspects rear their heads in support of an illegitimate regime (Yes, our resident neocons, I'm looking at you.).

Like clockwork...

The government handled the PAD with kid gloves, but they wasted millions of dollars by illegally taking over the airport and set back Thailand's tourist industry by years. It is hard to believe that the PADophiles are still making up lame justifications for these criminals.

No UG,

After having screwed up in trying to politicize the police on October 7th and killing 2 and wounding 476, the Govt was then told "No More Violence" --- (so of course they reached out to Sae Daeng to get the violence done)

Then there was Sept 2nd --- when Samak had his red shirted thugs attack (killing one of the red shirted thugs) so he could call for a SoE (hey that failed too!)

The 1st comment is very poor.

Don't need to blow anyone away.

DO need to actually enforce the laws and prevent criminal/terrorist takeovers by angry mobs.

RE:Jd

Good to see that the PAD newspeak is alive and well.

If by "Politicizing the police" you mean forcing the police into action to enforce the "rule of law" on a violent rabble who have illegally seized government buildings (and later key transprt hubs) then yes, you are spot on.

If "GOVT was told no more violence" you mean the police are castrated and violence now becomes the sole right of a violent private mob then once again spot on.

Love the illogical spin. It is quite entertaining. Why not just photoshop yourself up a nice placard to blanket reply in all situations

"PAD do NO wrong-- Government/Police Do NO Right"

It would make as much sense at the apologist gibber you are spewing now.

Thought readers might like to see this breaking story from UK which really shows what other countries are saying about the Thai airport chaos

Concern mounts over Thai airport security lapses

2 hours 2 mins ago

As Thai authorities race to get Suvarnabhumi airport ready for full international operations, airline officials and diplomats fear major security concerns are being overlooked. ............................................

A very damning and far reaching article, well done PAD!

FF

"In the next few weeks we (foreign operators) are going to be getting together and making a stand," one industry insider said. "Things absolutely have to change."

"This situation cannot go on. If a major event takes place now, we will never be able to say we didn't see it coming, that we couldn't prepare."

Can the the foreigners group together and tell the Thai what to do? I don't think so. It Farang don't like how things is done in Thailand, Farang are welcome to leave. Don't try to be a master in other's home. Farang is just a guest here.