What Do You Do For A Living?

Super Hans

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (girlx @ 2008-12-03 20:53:12) *

user experience designer for software and web applications- work for US companies from here.

Ah, that explains how you can spend all day mucking about on the web. wink.gif

That description is clear as mud though - do you mean you design websites?

Actually it is more information design than web design- meaning for either a website or software application I will analyze the content and demographics of the users and then create a structure of the interface (navigation systems, labelling, flow charts, wireframed layouts) that is simple and usable, and meets the goals of the organization. And I occasionally do research studies which test those interfaces with the users as well. :o I am also called an Information Architect.

Edited by girlx

QUOTE (girlx @ 2008-12-03 20:53:12) *

user experience designer for software and web applications- work for US companies from here.

Ah, that explains how you can spend all day mucking about on the web. wink.gif

That description is clear as mud though - do you mean you design websites?

Actually it is more information design than web design- meaning for either a website or software application I will analyze the content and demographics of the users and then create a structure of the interface (navigation systems, labelling, flow charts, wireframed layouts) that is simple and usable, and meets the goals of the organization. And I occasionally do research studies which test those interfaces with the users as well. :o I am also called an Information Architect.

Bloody hel_l!

No. I,m a missionary here to spread the god will of god and drive out all evil and temptation of men. And some women.

"Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart."

Read it!!!!7.gif

What kind of work do you do in Bangkok?

So all other ones not living in BKK are excluded ? :o

Although this is a 'BKK forum', I work out of Chiang Mai as an attorney assisting Westerners, from the US only, to immigrate Thai nationals (family based only). Additionally I maintain an office in California.

I used to do that in a previous life. Back then the title Information Architect was just about to be born. So do you work freelance? How do you find assignments from Bangkok?

I sell enterprise software but don't live in Thailand. Though I'd love to find a way to be based in Thailand, I'm not cut out for freelance work.