Bangkok To Pattaya

yorkieb

I will be in Thailand over new year. My plans are to head up to CR 26th- 30th dec then back to BKK. I have been toying with then going down to Phuket/Patong for New Year as New Year in CR is a little quiet. However have done Patong before and maybe looking for a change. So I was thinking of heading to Pattaya for NY + 1week. I am a keen biker so I would like to ride to Pattaya instead of going by bus. Does anyone here have any experience of hireing a bike in BKK and then going off for a week. Also is the route to Pattaya an interesting one or is it all motorways?. Are there any complications in my plan that I am unaware off.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers.

Yorkie

the ride to Pattaya is NOT sceneic-riding in Phuket is awesome-twisting moutain roads with great views-the run from BKK would probalbly be 10 hours or so(guessing)-fly to Phuket and rent a bike there-riding in Pattaya is dull at best

Thanks for the advice. Reading the forum renting a bike in BKK is a bit of a no no by all acounts. So heading of to either Pattaya or Patong and rent locally looks the faviorate.

Thanks

Yorkie