Suvarnabhumi Not Fully Running Yet

Looks like we still need to check flight details before heading to the airports ..... yesterday I was informed that flights are back to normal, but I arrived at Delhi International for a Thai flight to Bangkok this morning and was told it was cancelled. Now booked on evening flight, which is scheduled to land at Suvarnabhumi early Sat morning. Would have been good to know before I headed to the airport ... could have had a lie in.

I ended up on Indian NBT news being interviewed about the troubles in Bangkok .... good fun, shame my mum in the UK will never see it! :o

Looks like we still need to check flight details before heading to the airports ..... yesterday I was informed that flights are back to normal, but I arrived at Delhi International for a Thai flight to Bangkok this morning and was told it was cancelled. Now booked on evening flight, which is scheduled to land at Suvarnabhumi early Sat morning. Would have been good to know before I headed to the airport ... could have had a lie in.

I ended up on Indian NBT news being interviewed about the troubles in Bangkok .... good fun, shame my mum in the UK will never see it! :o

We are flying out of SVB today, and the airport is running very well, not all the flights are back yet though.

There is an amazing long queue of taxis waiting to pick up at arrivals, it must stretch back for well over a kilometre along the highway.

At immigration there were no passenger queues at all, I have never seen such happy immigration staff.

I have been keeping an eye on EVA website as I am due to fly with them soon and they are still planning cancellations on some flights via BKK up to 13th Dec at present - I assume other airlines are having similar problems in getting back to normal.

The cancellations may be due to lack of passengers and not due to the current operation status of the airport.

However some airlines may be using the above status of the airport as an "excuse" not to operate those scheduled services that are under performing dramatically....

Edited by dekka007

The cancellations may be due to lack of passengers and not due to the current operation status of the airport.

However some airlines may be using the above status of the airport as an "excuse" not to operate those scheduled services that are under performing dramatically....

Yes, I think you are right, after my flight was cancelled, the next Thai Airways flight from Delhi with still only half - full even with two plane loads on board .... so I think the cancellation was just to save Thai Airways some money. Of course all the passengers time is of no value whatsoever.

My Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to BKK was packed. Not a single seat empty.

Immigration 10 minutes and plenty of booths open. They even opened more booths as I queued!!

Luggage took 25 minutes or so.

All in all, no problems.

I flew Bkk-Syd on Sunday on TG and the C cabin was 1/3 full. Economy looked fuller but I didn't walk through. The airport was completely normal except for a distinct lack of people.

I flew back to Bangkok from Melbourne on the 9 December, everyone have three seats for themself, and some row without people, bit less of 1/3

They change the plane; it was a 3*3*3 range without personal entertaining.

At Bangkok, 15 people were on the carrousels waiting for the luggage’s from this flight the rest have connections flight to Europe.

The restaurants and shop was looking ok busy outside the duty-free area

flew out of Swampy evening of December 12th. Haven't seen this airport as quiet as that. Did not see many airplanes lining up for landing or take off. For an airport that was like a conveyor belt for landings or take offs - the sight was very disheartening.

Hardly saw any foreign flagged airplanes.