Two Bangkok Accommodation Guides

yongli

Hi,

I spent quire a while today in the Kinokuniya bookshop in Siam Paragon, found and browsed through two Bkk accommodation guides, which both looked quite nice to me:

Bangkok Budget Apartment Guide

apartments from 4000-30000

with comments on the furniture, transport, facilities, shortterm lease y/n, rates, BTS...

Bilingual Bangkok accommodation guide

hotels and serviced apartments

facilities, transport, rates and very nice little location maps

Can't comment on how accurate they are, but I think, they could have saved me quite a bit of time.

Edited by yongli

Sounds like they could come in handy for a first timer looking for a place to stay, however I think the info in these books would soon go out of date.

I just went to www.mrroomfinder.com It worked a treat for me :o

Sounds like they could come in handy for a first timer looking for a place to stay, however I think the info in these books would soon go out of date.

I agree with the "go out of date" bit, unless it is a regular publication and they update frequently. I noticed a shop in the ticketing area of the Asoke BTS station that could help anyone loking for accomodation in that part of BKK. Pictures of the condos and prices displayed in the window. Would have been useful if I had to look for a place to rent.

Edited by Korat88

I agree, this is a problem with printed material. It remains to be seen, how frequently they update their material.

However, when I previously looked via the Internet, it took me a long time to find suitable places. Too me, it seems to be much faster to flip through the pages of a book that is organized by areas/neighborhoods.

Mrroomfinder looks quite good. Maybe I give it a go, when looking for a new place in the future.

It would be cool, if they could add a section for comments / reviews by former or current tenants.