Original Documents For Uk Tourist Visa Needed

hi,

arranging docs to support application for uk tourist visa for thai gf, like

previous 6 month bank statements

passports

etc etc

are copys ok?

are theres any documents that have to be original ?(except sponsership letter)

regards

gymboy

We used originals in our application (Except my passport) and I would recommend you do the same.

From What supporting documents should I include with my applications?

You should include original documents if possible, particularly those relating to birth, marriage, divorce and death. If you are not able to include originals of these then you should send attested copies. All original documents will be returned to you.
Photo copies/internet print outs of bank statements etc. may be acceptable, but may also be viewed with suspicion as they can easily be forged/altered. Originals of everything is the best bet.

The exceptions being, for obvious reasons, your passport, where an attested copy should be included, and her ID card, where a photocopy is OK.

> previous 6 month bank statements

> passports

>....are theres any documents that have to be original ?(except sponsership letter)

Although many applications are similar I now see (through having been through this process) that there are many variations on a theme for each visa application case. But the benifit of forums such as this is to share what worked in the past etc.

I am in the process of writing up relavent points from our recent application, but this points related directly to your question.

I live in Thailand and was arranging a tourist visa for the UK for my Thai wife. In the folder that comprised the application, I had sections that included copies of all relavent documents, in the case of Thai certificates that were certified translated copies along with photocopies of the originals. Copies of all relavent pages of my passport that related to earlier trips we had made together Hong Kong, Burma etc.

When my wife when it to present the visa application at the VFS office, she had with her all the original documents, certificates, my passport and other documents; in case they were needed. They were not required and she left the office with them.

Although I doubt that there is any verbal feedback from the VFS staff to the Embassy Visa section, someone suggested that by giving your passport to your partner for such an application showed a futher level of relationship trust between you.

I my case - the only original documents that were required were my wife's current and previous passports.

Although I doubt that there is any verbal feedback from the VFS staff to the Embassy Visa section, someone suggested that by giving your passport to your partner for such an application showed a futher level of relationship trust between you.

That's probably true, but on the other hand many of the sponsors of the people applying will be in Thailand for a set period to apply for the visa and can't afford for their passport to be held by the embassy in case the pack isn't returned before their flight back home.