Tourists Please Stay Away From Ranong

Mosha

Posting should stay in General Forum following on from last week's "do you want more farangs in your little corner of heaven". Some unlucky types HAVE to work in BKK but chose to live in places like Pattaya, Phuket etc. Pay the price my friends. Far NE on the Mekong still can get big Leo for 50 but prices creeping up now to 60. Yes Beer Archaaaaaaa 3 for 100 -- same headache as other beverages but for less money. One place had draught for 49/jug until last month. Ergo, a little piece of heaven.

In town the beer is about 40B a bottle. Down at my local Mom and Pop store, 3 large Archa are 105, Chang 120, and Leo 145, I think. Usually I buy Arch, and my wife buys Chang. To be honest I much prefer the taste of Archa to Chang though.

In town the beer is about 40B a bottle. Down at my local Mom and Pop store, 3 large Archa are 105, Chang 120, and Leo 145, I think. Usually I buy Arch, and my wife buys Chang. To be honest I much prefer the taste of Archa to Chang though.

Yea, and I buy Playboy to read the articles.

Yea, and I buy Playboy to read the articles.

I do to.

Seriously I won't drink chang even if it is free unless i am really thirsty and i can not get any water.

Archa tastes much better and does not give me the splitting headache chang does.

By the way Leo is still 40 baht a big bottle in my neck of the woods.

Edited by wolfmanjack

I live near victory monument in Bangkok. At my local Mom & Pop shop 3 Archa are 90, Chang 102, Leo are 119 baht. So, it´s not always expensive in Bangkok.