January Transfers

bkkjames

i hope they bloom as fast as nani and anderson have done. :o

Nancy has done bugger all, but Anderson has shown that he is going to be a good player in the future.

So, is Heskey going to be back in Liverpool in the next week or two?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nancy has done bugger all, but Anderson has shown that he is going to be a good player in the future.

So, is Heskey going to be back in Liverpool in the next week or two?

i'll be very surprised if we sign emile, think he's nailed on to rejoin o'neill at the villa if he goes anywhere.

in fact i'll be very surprised if we sign anyone at all. our summer buys keane, riera and dossena are still really bedding in and insua's breakthrough plus the return to fitness of skrtel and torres make the equivalent of three new signings.

in fact at one point they didn't even have a reserve teamn under 'King Kev' :o ,

They just had a very large first team squad and played lots of friendlies, but with his method they were in the top few positions so from that point of view it wasnt all bad.

Kenny Dalglish came in and spent 50 million pound building a reserve team.

saw this today and thought it was worth sharing. some good deals in this list...

Top Fifty "Best-Ever" Football Transfer Deals

Daily Mail - THE LIST: Football's Best-Ever Transfer Deals

"Sportsmail celebrates the greatest footballing deals ever done by revealing our top 50 transfers....Our writers have voted on the players they consider to have provided the best value for money to the club paying for their services - regardless of how big or small the fee...."

50 Kevin Phillips - Watford to Sunderland, £325,000

49 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - Boavista to Leeds, £2m

48 Gareth Barry - Brighton to Aston Villa, £50,000

47 Mark Hughes - Barcelona to Man Utd, £1.5m

46 Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid to Liverpool, £20m

45 Henrik Larsson - Feyenoord to Celtic, £650,000

44 Sami Hyypia - Willem 11 to Liverpool, £2.5m

43 Stuart Pearce - Coventry to Nottm Forest, part exchange

42 Frank Lampard - West Ham to Chelsea, £11m

41 Emmanuel Adebayor - Monaco to Arsenal, £7m

40: David Platt - Crewe to Aston Villa, £200,000

39: Gary Lineker - Leicester to Everton, £800,000

38: Tim Cahill - Millwall to Everton, £2.5million

37: Nemanja Vidic - Spartak Moscow to Manchester Utd, £7m

36: David Ginola - Newcastle to Tottenham, £2m

35: John Toshack - Cardiff to Liverpool, £110,000

34: Graeme Souness- Middlesbrough to Liverpool, £350,000

33 Gianfranco Zola - Parma to Chelsea, £4.5m

32 Francis Lee - Bolton to Man City, £60,000

31 Stan Collymore Crystal Palace to Southend £125,000

30: Colin Bell - Bury to Man City, £45,000

29: Neville Southall - Bury to Everton, £150,000

28: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde to Man Utd, £1.5million

27: Tony Cascarino - Crockenhill to Millwall, set of tracksuits

26: Jurgen Klinsmann - Monaco to Tottenham, £1m

25: Dave Mackay - Hearts to Spurs, £30,000

24: Steve Bull - West Brom to Wolves, £65,000

23: Pat Jennings - Tottenham to Arsenal, £30,000

22: Jimmy Greaves - AC Milan to Tottenham, £99,999

21: Kolo Toure - ASEC to Arsenal, £150,000

20: Ray Clemence - Scunthorpe to Liverpool £18,000

19: Emlyn Hughes - Blackpool to Liverpool, £65,000

18: Peter Shilton - Stoke to Nottingham Forest, £250,000

17: Kevin Davies - Southampton to Bolton, Free

16: Kevin Doyle - Cork to Reading, £70,000

15: John Barnes - Sudbury to Watford, Set of kit

14: Cristiano Ronaldo - Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United, £12.8million

13: Dixie Dean - Tranmere to Everton, £3,000

12: Gordon Strachen Man Utd to Leeds, £200,000

11: Kenny Dalglish - Celtic to Liverpool, £440,000

10: Peter Schmeichel - Brondby to Man Utd, £500,000

9: Alan Shearer - Southampton to Blackburn, £3.3million

8: Roy Keane - Cobh Ramblers to Nottingham Forest, £47,000

7: Patrick Vieira - AC Milan to Arsenal, £3.5m

6: Ian Wright - Greenwich Borough to Crystal Palace, free

5: Kevin Keegan - Scunthorpe to Liverpool, £35,000

4: Nicolas Anelka - PSG to Arsenal, £500,000

3: Thierry Henry - Juventus to Arsenal, £10.5m

2: Ian Rush - Chester to Liverpool £200,000

1: Eric Cantona - Leeds to Manchester United, £1.2m

TOP TEN IN DETAIL

10: Peter Schmeichel - Brondby to Man Utd, £500,000 No 10: The Great Dane - captured brilliantly above by Sportsmail's Andy Hooper - is arguably the Premier League's finest goalkeeper, and one of the best imports into the English game

9: Alan Shearer - Southampton to Blackburn, £3.3million8: Roy Keane - Cobh Ramblers to Nottingham Forest, £47,000 No 9: Alan 'chicken and beans' Shearer formed half of the deadly 49-goal SAS partnership with Chris Sutton that fired Jack Walker's Blackburn Rovers to Premiership glory in 1995

No 8: Brian Clough pounced for this fresh-faced 'young man' in 1990. The Irishman would go on to become the driving force of Manchester United following a £3.75m move to Old Trafford three years later

7: Patrick Vieira - AC Milan to Arsenal, £3.5m No 7: The elegant, but spiky when necessary Vieira was rescued from AC Milan's reserves by Arsene Wenger in September 1996. The Senegalese-born French international became the fulcrum of the Gunners' midfield, and a crucial cog of 2004's 'Invincibles'.

6: Ian Wright - Greenwich Borough to Crystal Palace, free5: Kevin Keegan - Scunthorpe to Liverpool, £35,000 No 6: The ebullient Wright was named Crystal Palace's Player of the Century after scoring 117 goals in 277 appearances

No 5: Keegan spent a trophy-laden six seasons at Anfield, winning three First Division titles, two UEFA Cups, two FA Cups and the European Cup

4: Nicolas Anelka - PSG to Arsenal, £500,000 No 4: In one the most lucrative transfers of all-time, in February 1997, Anelka was plucked from PSG as a 17-year-old whippersnapper. A shake of Arsene Wenger's wand later, and Le Sulk had notched 28 goals in 90 appearances - with a League title and an FA CUp wiunners' medal thrown in for good measure - before departing Highbury for Real Madrid two years later in a move worth around £22million

3: Thierry Henry - Juventus to Arsenal, £10.5m No 3: Henry joined Arsenal from Juventus in 1999 and in the next eight years proved to be one of the greatest players to have ever graced English football, breaking Cliff Bastin's record to become Arsenal's highest ever goalscorer and helping the Gunners to two league titles and three FA Cups

2: Ian Rush - Chester to Liverpool £200,000 No 2: The sinewy Welshman matched lively anticipation with a deadly poacher's instinct and lethal finishing, and stands as Liverpool's all-time top scorer with 346 goals in 660 appearances, collated over his two spells at Anfield

1: Eric Cantona - Leeds to Manchester United, £1.2m No 1: Manchester United shocked football when they signed Cantona from Leeds in 1992, and it has proved to one of the defining moments of Sir Alex Ferguson's extraordinary era at the club. Cantona became a legend at United, with a host of unforgettable performances and goals helping the club to four league titles in five seasons. He also fired a dramatic winner against Liverpool in 1996 to win the FA Cup final at Wembley, and a second double in three seasons. He even retired in dramatic fashion in 1997 - the Frenchman left behind some fantastic memories.

My beloved Wolves are in need of a tough commanding midfield player. Please if you have one, email Mick, he will be happy to receive your call.......................Thanks.

so true,wolves are my team too,and after watching them play brummy 1-1,felt all they lacked was a sturdy defense.but who could they go for?

If we didn't have money, i'd agree jack. But do we really want to be going after players like that? If so. then maybe i am deluded as to where our new owners want to take us to.

you need to walk before you can run though man, and bellamy's the sort of player that will help take you up a level. look at who ranieri bought with abramovich's first summer's cash as an example.

Of course we need to walk before we run but i just don't think Bellamy can give us more than we have already got. A straight swap for Vassel....maybe but to pay money......no. Go after someone who could make a difference.

However, if we do end up with him and he dons a blue shirt, i would be fully behind him :o

vassal IMO is passed his used by date in the premier league,get rid of benjani,jo,keep sturridge,think he's good,but man.city need a midfield to direct the attacks.benhaim,not good enough,hamaan too slow,go for shay given too,harte good but need two good goalies.

He's still a fekkin good player though. And at todays prices, he was a bargain IMO.

i think he's become the best striker on the planet since he joined us, yeah. but was having this discussion with a mate the other day, torres was a real gamble when rafa whacked 20m on him. he was potential, really talented but hadn't established himself in the spain team and had never played in the champions league. so he was effectively unproven at the very top level. looks money well spent now but if he hadn't come off then it'd have meant rafa's job.

He's still a fekkin good player though. And at todays prices, he was a bargain IMO.

i think he's become the best striker on the planet since he joined us, yeah. but was having this discussion with a mate the other day, torres was a real gamble when rafa whacked 20m on him. he was potential, really talented but hadn't established himself in the spain team and had never played in the champions league. so he was effectively unproven at the very top level. looks money well spent now but if he hadn't come off then it'd have meant rafa's job.

Then Rafa and his Scouts did their job and spotted a big talent before the other top clubs did.

We'll have him off you for £30m.

Caveat= This isn't a contractually binding agreement :o

If we didn't have money, i'd agree jack. But do we really want to be going after players like that? If so. then maybe i am deluded as to where our new owners want to take us to.

you need to walk before you can run though man, and bellamy's the sort of player that will help take you up a level. look at who ranieri bought with abramovich's first summer's cash as an example.

Of course we need to walk before we run but i just don't think Bellamy can give us more than we have already got. A straight swap for Vassel....maybe but to pay money......no. Go after someone who could make a difference.

However, if we do end up with him and he dons a blue shirt, i would be fully behind him :o

vassal IMO is passed his used by date in the premier league,get rid of benjani,jo,keep sturridge,think he's good,but man.city need a midfield to direct the attacks.benhaim,not good enough,hamaan too slow,go for shay given too,harte good but need two good goalies.

Yip. Can't argue with any of that :D

Then Rafa and his Scouts did their job and spotted a big talent before the other top clubs did.

We'll have him off you for £30m.

Caveat= This isn't a contractually binding agreement :o

:D

there'd be riots if ever the two clowns who presently own our club attempted to sell torres for any amount of money.

does that count for Mr Keane as well? Price was about the same no?

does that count for Mr Keane as well? Price was about the same no?

depends on how the season pans out. if we maintain the challenge to the end or win the title then it's money well spent as we'll have progressed.

plenty of reds fans are still sceptical about the keane signing though, including me.