I Actually Need A Tailor

SomNamNah

As bizarre as it may seem, i actually need a suit made. But its only for a one week trip.

So what i need is something that will hold together just long enough..

please can anybody recommend a tailor in CM, that will make me a very cheap suit ( but that will pass for a decent one)

Am i looking at 3,000 baht? Thank you!!

Any oil rig workers reading this... what do the African businessmen wear? Grey, Cream?

maybe grey is safest? thank you!

God i hate suits. Maybe i can get away with just buying 2 suit trousers. After all im planning to go Nigeria, its just lunacy to wear a jacket.

Yup. Made up my mind. Suit trousers is is... And i know the Nigerians like REALLY shiny loafers... :o

thanks again.

Wish they had farang sized second hand shops here.

... what do the African businessmen wear? Grey, Cream?

Well the charming Mr Moses Namuba who I went to meet recently in Nigeria, wore fine white handmade silk suits as befits a high official in the state owned Nigerian Association of Fossil Fuel Suppliers, Controllers and Marketers (NAFFSCAM). By the look of him, he's already counting on my successful repatriation of the $62,000,000 and started spending his half already....

Edited by Greenside

As bizarre as it may seem, i actually need a suit made. But its only for a one week trip.

please can anybody recommend a tailor in CM, that will make me a very cheap suit ( but that will pass for a decent one)

Any oil rig workers reading this... what do the African businessmen wear? Grey, Cream?

Try Excelsior near Patpong.He have lots of stock fabrics and you might be lucky enough to get it at that price. Normally it would be around 4000 to 5000 Baht for a mix blend suits.

Higher wool it would be 7000 + + Ask for Mr.Sonny.

Cheers

Another place is Niramit. Turn left at the crossroads as you head east on Changmoi.

Been operating for 55 years so they must be doing something right.

Have had stuff made there and 100% satisfied.

But, then if you only want something to last a week maybe an op shop might be able to meet your requirements. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Another place is Niramit. Turn left at the crossroads as you head east on Changmoi.

Been operating for 55 years so they must be doing something right.

Have had stuff made there and 100% satisfied.

But, then if you only want something to last a week maybe an op shop might be able to meet your requirements. :o

2 questions--altho' very keen to try Sopa, this one you mention, Niramit, sounds worth a visit but where is ChangMoi??

Second question--what/where is an 'op' shop?? :D

Try Excelsior near Patpong.He have lots of stock fabrics and you might be lucky enough to get it at that price. Normally it would be around 4000 to 5000 Baht for a mix blend suits.

Cheers

I didn't know there was a Patpong here.

Cheers

I didn't know there was a Patpong here.

In Chiang Mai I happy with Neramith too.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for all these posts I'm making lately. Im on holiday for another month (but live here full time) - so trying to get everything done now.

I need to find shirts of the highest quality.

I bought 5 shirts at Robinsons, and of those 5 shirts, the only one that doesnt ride up my back, or develop a sweat patch on the back is the most expensive one that cost about 1,500 - 2,000 baht.

I presume it must be the quality of the cotton. I 've never had experience of wearing smart office shirts in a hot country before.

So... please forum, please help me out... I really dont want to have spend 8000 baht on 5 new shirts.

Question: If i go to a tailor, can they make me a shirt of Robinson's-farang-import quality, cheaper?

Edited by whiterussian