Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Well......... I picked up my new new 650 today, in the shade of a well known fruit!

What a ride home!! After 3 years stop and starting to Sathorn from Bang kapi in the vigo....... a dream!

Tyres are well and truly scrubbed in and my wife has lost me for a few days whilst I .....investigate ....or "nip out to get milk from the furthest 7/11 possible!

:):D

Need some help though guys....

I'd like a manual in English (sorry if covered already) anyone seen a download....?

And.......My Wife would like to offer a swift kick in the nuts to all who have contributed to this post..... as it cost us 225'000bt :D

Rubber side down brothers and sisters!!

glasshock,

Congrats on the ER6 ...its a real nice ride and delivers the power and speed....with that in mind enjoy the ride and keep rubberside down....happy trails

mbox

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well......... I picked up my new new 650 today, in the shade of a well known fruit!

What a ride home!! After 3 years stop and starting to Sathorn from Bang kapi in the vigo....... a dream!

Tyres are well and truly scrubbed in and my wife has lost me for a few days whilst I .....investigate ....or "nip out to get milk from the furthest 7/11 possible!

I'd like a manual in English (sorry if covered already) anyone seen a download....?

And.......My Wife would like to offer a swift kick in the nuts to all who have contributed to this post..... as it cost us 225'000bt :D

glasshock,

Congrats on the ER6 ...its a real nice ride and delivers the power and speed....with that in mind enjoy the ride and keep rubberside down....happy trails

mbox

Thanks mbox, and thanks again for your previous advice! :D

I'm so jealous! I wish they would hurry up with the "f"!!!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news- I stopped by Kawasaki Rama 9 today to check on the estimated delivery date of the ER6f and Khun Chan said it may not arrive until October... :D Thank goodness I've got the 'n' to hold me over until then :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Great stuff Glasshock.

What colour did you get?

Me too Scuba!

I guess its not going to be july 20th in Phuket. Or august. Or September. Perhaps October :)

Sunshine today, and considering again to get a "n". Wonder if its more easy to sell "n" without loss when "f" arrives, if "n" is financed? Buyer taking over finance has worked out well with 1 or 2 years old cars.

Me too Scuba!

I guess its not going to be july 20th in Phuket. Or august. Or September. Perhaps October :)

I fear it may likely be October. Oh well, more time to sell my truck.

Sunshine today,

Yeah I have never seen a monsoon season like this. There has only been a handful of days in the last 2 months that haven't been great riding days. And twice now we have gotten the "High winds/heavy rain" warning but nothing materialized, unless it's happening between 4am and 3pm and I am sleeping through it. :D

Kata. if i could get zero down or even 20k ish i would be riding one now. but deposit is a rather high 75thou.

So you take over my "n" in october/november with 25k down? i ll try to work it out. you would need a thai with income/taxpayments as guarantor.

:D:D

Great stuff Glasshock.

What colour did you get?

:) Well, oranges can turn black in time right? so could be either. I like the orange. The black looks fantastic but with the fallout dropping from the sky here in BKK its hard to maintain. I have a Vigo with "go faster swirlmarks" :D

Edited by glasshock

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the useful info you all been providing.

Still considering getting a Er6N from the Phuket Kawa shop.

Does anyone know what the waiting period is right now?

In Europe most countries put a restriction on horsepower on these bikes, I've read that Kawasaki uses a throttle restrictor.

Is this the case here in LOS?

Thanks for your help.

Rooster

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the useful info you all been providing.

Still considering getting a Er6N from the Phuket Kawa shop.

Does anyone know what the waiting period is right now?

In Europe most countries put a restriction on horsepower on these bikes, I've read that Kawasaki uses a throttle restrictor.

Is this the case here in LOS?

Thanks for your help.

Rooster

Hello Rooster,

I went into Mityon Pattaya the other day and they said less than 1 week for an orange one and no more than a month for a black one.

Looks like they are back on the production line, maybe Tony could shed some light on production now.

Regards

Norman

Edited by NormanW

Keeping in mind Phuket Kawi appear to be overpromisers. They told me 1 to 3 weeks for an n, but they want a 50,000 baht deposit, but I have a feeling that after you explain that other shops are only asking for 10,000baht deposit they will come down on that.

I don't think they come with governors.

Keeping in mind Phuket Kawi appear to be overpromisers. They told me 1 to 3 weeks for an n, but they want a 50,000 baht deposit, but I have a feeling that after you explain that other shops are only asking for 10,000baht deposit they will come down on that.

Thanks for the info, yes, I was told the same, 50,000 in deposit. They told me it was because the shop has to buy the bikes from the Kawa BKK. So if they don't sell it, they're stuck with it.

The same story was used when asking about a test ride.

But seriously, with this kind of price, off cause they'll sell it...

No one knows anything on power restrictions?

And a final question, how come you guys can change your exaust without remapping the fuel mix?! I thought that had to be done with any change to air intake or exausts?!

Thanks alot everyone, hope you had a great weekend!

Rooster

I was told the same, 50,000 in deposit. They told me it was because the shop has to buy the bikes from the Kawa BKK. So if they don't sell it, they're stuck with it.

Rooster

Uh oh...if you mean they are buying them from another dealer, then I intuit two things from that: 1) It's going to be more expensive in Phuket and 2.) They are not an authrorized Kawasaki Dealer. Unless they/you mean they are buying them from Kawa Corporation which is located in Bangkok?

No one knows anything on power restrictions?

And a final question, how come you guys can change your exaust without remapping the fuel mix?! I thought that had to be done with any change to air intake or exausts?!

No HP restriction on the ER6n in Thailand.

Fuel injected engines automatically adjust (to a point) for changes to intake and/or exhaust. An aftermarket fuel injection module is useful to fine tune the fuel injection for added power and improved fuel efficiency and throttle response.

Happy Trails!

Interesting bit of info. I went on a ride with BJ from GTRider forum, both of us on ER6n, and he told me about something that happened to him last week.

He took his bike into Kawasaki last week for service, and they connected it to the computer. The Kawasaki mechanic told him that they knew he had turned on the ignition with the sensor not connected to the exhaust. (He had, because he had taken it off to paint the exhaust black, though he had not started the engine) The mechanic told him that the bike's computer logs every time the ignition is turned on without the sensor attached and it can void the warranty.

So if you change your exhaust, be careful not to turn you're ignition on without it attached, or they might give you grief about the warranty.

Interesting bit of info. I went on a ride with BJ from GTRider forum, both of us on ER6n, and he told me about something that happened to him last week.

He took his bike into Kawasaki last week for service, and they connected it to the computer. The Kawasaki mechanic told him that they knew he had turned on the ignition with the sensor not connected to the exhaust. (He had, because he had taken it off to paint the exhaust black, though he had not started the engine) The mechanic told him that the bike's computer logs every time the ignition is turned on without the sensor attached and it can void the warranty.

So if you change your exhaust, be careful not to turn you're ignition on without it attached, or they might give you grief about the warranty.

Goodness some of the Kwackerzaki staff are touchy about that warranty. They've never said anything to me even though I've done plenty of mods to the bike. And honestly, I wouldn't expect the engine to be covered since I've changed the exhaust and have a powercommander on the way. I'm pretty sure you'd have the same problem with a car - if you start making engine mods it usually does void the warranty. I can live with that. :)

I'm a bit surprised that I'm already in need of new brake pads up front after only 13,000km... I engine brake a lot and try not to hammer the brakes a lot so I'm a little surprised the pads wore out so quickly. Ah well- I'm sure they're dirt cheap.

And, as much as I LOVE the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros that I'm running now, I'm again a bit surprised at how quickly the rear has worn. Only 5000 km on the new tires and already the rear is starting to square out. Will be time for new tires after next weeks monster ~3000 SSRIII ride. Check out day two: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....938354&z=8

You could easily join us for day 3: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....469177&z=9

Complete itinerary is here: SSRIII Iron Butt Ride July 3-7th

Hope you can join us for part of the ride Liam! Look forward to seeing you!

Happy Trails!

Tony

If you need engine warranty work you can put the stock can back on yes?

I suppose you can, the real question is, do you want to put your bike back to stock every time you go into Kawasaki for an oil change? Or just change it back when you want warranty work? Will they look the other way? I'm not going to go through the hassle, I'm just going to bring in some Pizza Company pizzas for the service guys and be a kiss up. :) = :D = :D

I suppose you can, the real question is, do you want to put your bike back to stock every time you go into Kawasaki for an oil change? Or just change it back when you want warranty work? Will they look the other way? I'm not going to go through the hassle, I'm just going to bring in some Pizza Company pizzas for the service guys and be a kiss up. :) = :D = :D

Yeah that'll probably work. :D

Well, since it seems it will be a while before I can get my ER6f I've decided to go ahead and do some upgrades to the ER6n.

Have some Spiegler stainless steel 2 line brake lines on the way-

http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?s...2=Brake%20Lines

And, since Dynojet still doesn't have fuel maps for the 2009 ER6n I've decided to go for a Two Brothers Racing Juice Box Fuel Controller to go with my Two Bros pipe instead of a Dynojet Powercommander-

http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?s...type1=09%20650R

Should receive my new goodies in about 2 weeks and am looking forward to better brakes improved fuel efficiency and a few more horsepower!

Happy Trails!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Well, since it seems it will be a while before I can get my ER6f I've decided to go ahead and do some upgrades to the ER6n.

And, since Dynojet still doesn't have fuel maps for the 2009 ER6n I've decided to go for a Two Brothers Racing Juice Box Fuel Controller to go with my Two Bros pipe instead of a Dynojet Powercommander-

Should receive my new goodies in about 2 weeks and am looking forward to better brakes improved fuel efficiency and a few more horsepower!

Happy Trails!

I can't get your links to load. I think TT&T gets confused and gives up if the URL has to many characters. Sometimes I need to hit "retry" 6 or 7 times to get a f l_l cking page to load! :)

It's ok though cause when I hear words like "Dynojet powercommander" and "fuel mapping" I go crosseyed. :D

Edited by Scubabuddha

Happy Trails!

Tony, have you managed to get an aftermarket air filter for your bike, something like a K&N, all the mail order sites I normally use only have listings up to a 2007 model, any pointers in the right direction appreciated, cheers...

Tony, have you managed to get an aftermarket air filter for your bike, something like a K&N, all the mail order sites I normally use only have listings up to a 2007 model, any pointers in the right direction appreciated, cheers...

Hiya Kev_O,

Haven't looked for an aftermarket air filter as the stock filter is so incredibly thin and porous that I can't imagine an aftermarket would breath any better than stock.

Have you ever looked at the stock filter? On a bike this cheap I expected it would be a standard paper filter but actually it's about 1/8" think sponge soaked in low-viscosity oil. It's washable too which is cool. I really can't see how an aftermarket could breath any better than this:

020609ER6nSrvc4.jpg

Found this one on eBay but still not convinced it would be any better than the stock air filter above-

fm438_04_lg.jpg

Here's the link to the eBay listing if you're interested: BMC Air Filter for Kawasaki ER6n, ER6f and Ninja 650R

Here's another one you might want to check out: "Pipercross ER6 (Ninja 650) Performance Air Filter" Link: http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/100.html

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hey.Kata. What colour bike are we getting. Black or Orange? Not sure about the Orange after seeing Liam's vinyl work on his black one. I think the black lends itself more to a bit of vinyl.

Allan