Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Anyone know if there are any offers on regarding leathers?unsure.gif

I'm in Pattaya - not much choice here.annoyed.gif

Black or slime green and black.whistling.gif

Boots as well?whistling.gif

I prefer Alpinestars. jap.gif

Too much to ask for here or will I have to get a mate to bring some over providing I know my size?:(

Thanks in advance guys.jap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gifjap.gif

Keep those good times rolling.

Hey Bro!

Rather than buying expensive imported leathers you can do what a lot of the local Thai racers do and have leathers custom made right here in Thailand. There's a Thai guy who makes custom leathers in Bangkok, starting from ~12000 Baht. Thailand isn't really known for leather but these racing leathers look GOOD and I'm told they are good quality too. I don't have his phone number but I'm sure I can track it down for you if you like.

I've gotten my Alpinestars from Dirtshop at very reasonable prices (about equal to US retail). Paddock has a lot of selection too and prices are high but negotiable.

I've had NO LUCK finding you a replacement for that lost slider... :( The style has been changed and the factory isn't making the old style anymore... Let me know what you want to do, ok?

Ride On!

Tony

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A question for you guys: Today when I stopped my bike after some 2 hours of inspired riding - CM-Pai - I suddenly heard a slurping sound, like lots of water going somewhere. Checked with flashlight, no smell, no liquids coming out anywhere, the bike is clean as new. Sound came from the radiator area and lasted maybe 1 minute or a bit less. Is that normal? Worrying? Just wondering, never heard that before.

When I rented the ER6 in Chiang Mai last week, I drove for about 1.5~2 hours and when I stopped I could hear the water bubbling. This never happened with any other bike. Once I stopped on the way to the hill top and some water even came out from the overflow...

Strange

Is this normal with the ER6n?

A question for you guys: Today when I stopped my bike after some 2 hours of inspired riding - CM-Pai - I suddenly heard a slurping sound, like lots of water going somewhere. Checked with flashlight, no smell, no liquids coming out anywhere, the bike is clean as new. Sound came from the radiator area and lasted maybe 1 minute or a bit less. Is that normal? Worrying? Just wondering, never heard that before.

When I rented the ER6 in Chiang Mai last week, I drove for about 1.5~2 hours and when I stopped I could hear the water bubbling. This never happened with any other bike. Once I stopped on the way to the hill top and some water even came out from the overflow...

Strange

Hmmmm, I think not... I'm on my second ER6n and have a Ninja 650R as well. Have rented ER6n's a few times from Pop's up in Chiang Mai. Have never heard this sound from any of them... Then again, can't say that I've ever really listened for it... Probably a good idea to have the dealer check it. Could be air in the system in which case it will need to be drained and re-filled. I imagine that's a very cheap job here in Thailand. Ride On! Tony

Strange

Hmmmm, I think not... I'm on my second ER6n and have a Ninja 650R as well. Have rented ER6n's a few times from Pop's up in Chiang Mai. Have never heard this sound from any of them... Then again, can't say that I've ever really listened for it... Probably a good idea to have the dealer check it. Could be air in the system in which case it will need to be drained and re-filled. I imagine that's a very cheap job here in Thailand. Ride On! Tony

No you would have heard, it's very loud. Will have it checked out shortly, thanks for the info..

The metallic flat sage green now available in Europe is nice.

http://www.kawasaki.eu/ER-6n

Ohh that is nice.. I was considering a dark olive metallic for my spray job, but have opted for one with a lot more pop to it. I really likes the matt graphite metallic that street triples were coming in, but again my thinking was a more subtle / plain color looks better on a new well sorted bike, if other parts of the bike are 'aged' it would tend to just look dingy and drab instead of classy, where a powerful eye popping color brings up the drab of an older machine.

As it may tell, spent a bit of time thinking this over last month :) !!

The metallic flat sage green now available in Europe is nice.

http://www.kawasaki.eu/ER-6n

Yeah it's nice... but... what is this?? A Kawasaki touring wind screen for the ER-6n! Pic from the UK site, with price.

post-20814-030219600 1286714895_thumb.jp

Radiator water shifting from the rad to the reservoir and back ??

As the water heats and expands it shifts out to the tank.. as it cools it contracts back to the Rad system via vacuum.

Rather than buying expensive imported leathers you can do what a lot of the local Thai racers do and have leathers custom made right here in Thailand. There's a Thai guy who makes custom leathers in Bangkok, starting from ~12000 Baht. Thailand isn't really known for leather but these racing leathers look GOOD and I'm told they are good quality too. I don't have his phone number but I'm sure I can track it down for you if you like.

Thats interesting.. Anyone bought a set or have some pics... Does he have stretch / expansion panels and the like for a good fit ??

I havent seen 'big guy' leathers here at all..

Just happened again, water came out from the overflow too today, twice.. I assume the overflow is that hose coming out below the bike... the liquid was green-ish... Kawas bleed green, apparently ;) My water tank was completely empty too. Next trip is to the dealership - good excuse to go to CM and back to Pai! Woo hoo :D I think it's safe to drive because the problems only happen after turning it off. As long as it's running, it's fine. Maybe I'll even put down the deposit on the Versys :)

Edited by nikster

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the kind compliments re the ER6n "RR"! biggrin.gif

I've received a lot of questions about the race rearsets I'm using on this bike so finally had a chance to take and edit some pics for you:

Race Rearsets with Passenger Pegs for the 2009-2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6f and ER6n!

EX650RRearsetSSR.jpg

High grade CNC machined Aircraft (T6) Aluminum Rearsets with Passenger Pegs and replaceable pegs and levers!

EX650RRearset3SSR.jpg

These lightweight Aluminum rearsets are fully adjustable and weigh a fraction of the massive steel stock stays-

EX650RRearset2SSR.jpg

A single stock stay weighs about 1760 grams-

EX650StayStepWeightSSR.jpg

A single Aluminum race rearset weighs only about 970 grams with passenger peg-

EX650RRearsetWeightSSR.jpg

And weighs only about 660 grams without passenger peg-

EX650RRearsetWeight1SSR.jpg

***PLEASE NOTE!

I have NOT had a chance to make installation instructions. These rearsets are shipped as is, with NO installation instructions. Please refer to the information below which you may find useful for installing these race rearsets. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about installation.

If you're in the Bangkok area and feel like coming by my place I'll be happy to install these for you.

Installation of the right side rear set is a bit technical as it involves removing the stock brake pedal and linkage and attaching the new rearset brake pedal and linkage to the stock brake master cylinder.

If you are not comfortable messing about with your rear brake I HIGHLY recommend you have these rearsets installed by a professional motorcycle mechanic. (FYI I am NOT a professional motorcycle mechanic) ;)

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of how installation goes.

Right rearset components:

EX650RRHRearset1SSR.jpg

Brake Pedal with linkage:

EX650RRHRearset2SSR.jpg

Right Rearset assembled:

EX650RRHRearset6SSR.jpg

View from the other side:

EX650RRHRearset7SSR.jpg

And a couple pics of the rearset installed:

EX650RRHRearset8SSR.jpg

EX650RRHRearset9SSR.jpg

In action 03.gif

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010dSSR.jpg

Here are pictures of the LEFT SIDE Rearset:

EX650RLHRearsetSSR.jpg

Assembled:

EX650RLHRearset1SSR.jpg

Installed:

EX650RLHRearset3SSR.jpg

No special tools are required. You can install these race rearsets with the tools that come with your bike. If you feel comfortable installing these by yourself go for it!

If you are NOT comfortable installing these by yourself I HIGHLY recommend you have them installed by a professional motorcycle mechanic!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Update: Kawa dealer replaced the radiator cap, says it should be all good now. Warranty replacement, so free :D

Glad you go that sorted. rolleyes.gif

Keep those good times rolling. biggrin.gif

Thx :D

Gave her a good spanking on the way home CM-Pai and all is well. It was just the cap.

Can you pm me with the price for the gold rearsets will the coating last, eg are they lacquered...warranty? thanks T...HD

Hiya HD!

PM sent.

These rearsets are anodized, not painted.

EX650RRearsetWeight1ZmSSR.jpg

Warranty? In Thailand? ;) I've been using these on my ER6n "RR" for a couple months now and love them. Haven't had any problems with them. I have replacement pegs and levers for when I crash. I will warranty that these rearsets are free of defects.

Ride On!

Tony

Finally had a chance to install the new YSS rear shock but with all this dam_n rain we've been suffering I've not yet had a chance to try it out... icon_redface.gif

YSSEX650SSR.jpg

Installation is incredibly easy. Took about 5 minutes. biggrin.gif

YSSEX650aSSR.jpg

So now I've got a progressive spring and rebound adjustment icon_thumbup.gif

Looking forward to trying it out when the rain stops!

YSSEX650bSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Finally had a chance to install the new YSS rear shock but with all this dam_n rain we've been suffering I've not yet had a chance to try it out... icon_redface.gif

YSSEX650SSR.jpg

Installation is incredibly easy. Took about 5 minutes. biggrin.gif

YSSEX650aSSR.jpg

So now I've got a progressive spring and rebound adjustment icon_thumbup.gif

Looking forward to trying it out when the rain stops!

YSSEX650bSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Tony - you know no bounds! biggrin.gifcool.gif

Keep those good times rolling.

Hi All,

I was just wondering. Now that the Versys is available in Thailand, does it mean that everybody now would like to trade in their ER6N/F for one?

Myself I own an ER6N/2010/green and because of comfort would consider to buy a Versys but might not do it because I believe the ER6N lookes better.

Curious to know you opinion.

Cheerio!

Hi All,

I was just wondering. Now that the Versys is available in Thailand, does it mean that everybody now would like to trade in their ER6N/F for one?

Myself I own an ER6N/2010/green and because of comfort would consider to buy a Versys but might not do it because I believe the ER6N lookes better.

Hey I also have a green 2010 - love it. Can't really justify keeping it though when I get the Versys, so she'll have to go. The bikes are too similar. I like the Versys for the better suspension, and for the fact that it doesn't cost 1M baht. Getting great reviews too. Suspension and wind protection. I was considering a Ninja when they started offering the white option.

Does the ER-6n look better? Yeah, probably. The Versys is a good looking bike, but the ER-6n IMO looks awesome.

Hi All,

I feel like a vulture now, circling the ER6n forum waiting for the right time and prey...ph34r.gifrolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Hi All,

Hey I also have a green 2010 - love it. Can't really justify keeping it though when I get the Versys, so she'll have to go. The bikes are too similar. I like the Versys for the better suspension, and for the fact that it doesn't cost 1M baht. Getting great reviews too. Suspension and wind protection. I was considering a Ninja when they started offering the white option.

Does the ER-6n look better? Yeah, probably. The Versys is a good looking bike, but the ER-6n IMO looks awesome.

Me too, I have a green er6n and I think the Versys as some sort of Transalp or Africa twin, you know what I mean?

Not in that sport bike thingy er6n/f thingy concept.

My two pennies worth anyway.

Keep those er6 times rolling.

I still haven't got any leathers boots yet, so scarce here. And finding the time to go to the dreaded BKK - Arhhhhhh! Next week I think. jap.gif

Holy crap, you're right : http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/index.html 285,000 THB. Hmm, does look enticing. The differences:

---2010 ER6-N-------

Rake/Trail 24.5 degrees/4.0 in.

Wheelbase 55.3 in.

Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.

Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload / 4.9 in.

Rear Brakes Single 220mm Petal Disc with hydraulic caliper

Fuel Capacity 4.1 gal.

Seat Height 30.9 in.

Curb Weight 441.0 lbs.

Overall Length 82.7 in.

Overall Width 29.9 in.

Overall Height 43.3 in.

---2011 Versys------

Rake/Trail 25 degrees/4.3 in.

Wheelbase 55.7

Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.

Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.

Rear Brakes Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper

Fuel Capacity 5.0 gal.

Seat Height 33.3

Curb Weight 454.2 lbs.

Overall Length 83.7 in.

Overall Width 33.1 in.

Overall Height 52.4 in.

Holy crap, you're right : http://www.kawasakib....com/index.html 285,000 THB. Hmm, does look enticing. The differences:

---2010 ER6-N-------

Rake/Trail 24.5 degrees/4.0 in.

Wheelbase 55.3 in.

Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.

Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload / 4.9 in.

Rear Brakes Single 220mm Petal Disc with hydraulic caliper

Fuel Capacity 4.1 gal.

Seat Height 30.9 in.

Curb Weight 441.0 lbs.

Overall Length 82.7 in.

Overall Width 29.9 in.

Overall Height 43.3 in.

---2011 Versys------

Rake/Trail 25 degrees/4.3 in.

Wheelbase 55.7

Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.

Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.

Rear Brakes Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper

Fuel Capacity 5.0 gal.

Seat Height 33.3

Curb Weight 454.2 lbs.

Overall Length 83.7 in.

Overall Width 33.1 in.

Overall Height 52.4 in.

Oh that seat height will deter the majority me thinks! Ouch!laugh.gif

Oh that seat height will deter the majority me thinks! Ouch!laugh.gif

Kawasaki sells a low seat for the Versys that brings it down about 2 inches. (Not sure if it will be available in Thailand though).Of course, since we're in Thailand you can just take your seat to any competent saddle shop and get it sorted for ~300-400 Baht :D

Other ways to lower the bike include dropping the front forks an inch or two and buying a shorter rear shock or a lowering link.

Ride On!

Tony

Firstly, thanks to everyone who posted in here for the epic 3-day 78 page read. Highs and Lows. Douches and Champions. This thread had it all. Even though I only just signed up, so now I get to go through 3 pages of attached pics I couldn't see prior!

I'm looking at getting an ER-6n shortly as well (down in Phuket) and my mate already has one so I've already got someone to ride with. :D

Is there someone that sells the SW-Motech Quick Lock Sidecarriers in Thailand? As seen here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4976/787/

I want to get the GIVI side cases for trips off the island and these seem like the easiest to get on/off as I don't want them on all the time. I'd rather not go the custom made stuff because, well, I saw the pics of BigBikeBKK's (IIRC) top bag rack.

Also look forward to BigBikeBKK's review of that YSS rear shock. Putting progressive rate springs on my Sportster back home in Aus made a huge difference, so am already interested in these.

Nice review and that girl certainly knows how to ride!

The pics show pretty clearly how tall the bars are on this bike though- check out her inside arm position and the angle of her wrist when hanging off in the corner-

Kawasaki%20ER-6f1.JPG

Ouch that looks uncomfortable!

Kawasaki%20ER-6n2.JPG

That's why I replaced the stock bars on my Ninja 650R with sport bars and put the clip ons on my ER6n BELOW the top clamp:

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010ZmSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

ps. Norman- I got your SMS and would be happy to hook up this week- please give me a call. Cheers! T

Nice review and that girl certainly knows how to ride!

The pics show pretty clearly how tall the bars are on this bike though- check out her inside arm position and the angle of her wrist when hanging off in the corner-

Kawasaki%20ER-6f1.JPG

Ouch that looks uncomfortable!

Kawasaki%20ER-6n2.JPG

That's why I replaced the stock bars on my Ninja 650R with sport bars and put the clip ons on my ER6n BELOW the top clamp:

ThailandCircuitER6nRRSept2010ZmSSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

ps. Norman- I got your SMS and would be happy to hook up this week- please give me a call. Cheers! T

Nice observation Tony wink.gif

Will do.

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

Hi Guys,

I'm New to this Forum and recently bought a 2011 ER

Im from Australia..we don't have any great forums here on the ER, though I have done a lot of reading in the past week on two other forums and got up to page 38 on this one.

Tony you seem to be the man in the know and i have seen you post in other forums too...you slut you :P

I just got a TRC Yoshi can, an as it came from the american market it doesn't have the O2 sensor Plug.

My question is how did you do this? and where should i place it on my Yoshi.

do i measure the same distance back from the stock can on the pipe and use that same measurement on my yoshi?

how big does the plug have to be and should it sit flush with the inside of the pipe or drop in a little?

and info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Hi Guys,

I'm New to this Forum and recently bought a 2011 ER

Im from Australia..we don't have any great forums here on the ER, though I have done a lot of reading in the past week on two other forums and got up to page 38 on this one.

Tony you seem to be the man in the know and i have seen you post in other forums too...you slut you :P

I just got a TRC Yoshi can, an as it came from the american market it doesn't have the O2 sensor Plug.

My question is how did you do this? and where should i place it on my Yoshi.

do i measure the same distance back from the stock can on the pipe and use that same measurement on my yoshi?

how big does the plug have to be and should it sit flush with the inside of the pipe or drop in a little?

and info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Hello and welcome mechmindset.

Tony I'm sure has a pic of the S bend and plug you need for the sensor. wink.gif

Just happened again, water came out from the overflow too today, twice.. I assume the overflow is that hose coming out below the bike... the liquid was green-ish... Kawas bleed green, apparently ;) My water tank was completely empty too. Next trip is to the dealership - good excuse to go to CM and back to Pai! Woo hoo :D I think it's safe to drive because the problems only happen after turning it off. As long as it's running, it's fine. Maybe I'll even put down the deposit on the Versys :)

The same has just happened to me on the last two trips out (went to Bira this morning) no sound but coolant coming out when engine off. Together with the fuel inj light, in fact if the temperature light wasnt on it was the injection light that was on. Arhhhh!

Going to look at the radiator cap when it cools down.

By the way these high winds we are having now are great for keeping everything cool - or so I thought hahaha.

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif