Jai Dee

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r154436305.jpg

r2586513608.jpg

r1828859981.jpg

Australian Andrew Hoods, 36, arrives at Bangkok's Criminal Court December 19, 2008. Hoods was arrested at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport on Wednesday with 3 kilograms (about 7 pounds) of heroin strapped to his body.

REUTERS

what a foolish drug smuggler. customs must have it in page 2 of their playbook to scrutinize people with excessive tattoos. bet ya 10 baht if he wore pants, we would not be reading this thread

Exactly what i thinking of when i saw that pictures.Why did he not hide his tattoos and wear pants?

Is it that soon? Usually takes 10 months to more than a year, for a conclusion. Then this ones a forgone conclusion.

I think it was only an appearance date to respond to the charges, certainly nothing more, nothing less.

I dunno, I cant find anything about it.

As for you bamboobob, did you enjoy your stay in the tiger? Do you condone smuggling drugs?

Is it that soon? Usually takes 10 months to more than a year, for a conclusion. Then this ones a forgone conclusion.

I think it was only an appearance date to respond to the charges, certainly nothing more, nothing less.

I dunno, I cant find anything about it.

As for you bamboobob, did you enjoy your stay in the tiger? Do you condone smuggling drugs?

I don't believe anyone can "buy their way out" if they have 3 KGs these days. Things have changed here. Also looking at the court sentencing, they are much harder on the police for "genuine" evidence, wittnesses etc. than only 3 years ago, thanks to an astute comment made by his Majesty The King, which was for the courts to "please follow the due process of the law". Since that time, they have started doing just that. I agree that years ago, it was possible to "buy your way out. Only very small cases would get away with that now - then at the local police station.

Nice to see compassion alive and well here. Yeah....you are right....the guy was/is dumb. This is a sad story.

No compassion at all for this scumbag. If he had got through with the drugs how many lives would he have ruined? At least now it's only his life that is ruined. Rot in hel_l.

Dumb he was, but he wouldn't have any motivation to do this if drugs were legal, nor would anyone need to break into houses and steal to buy them, now would they... nor could drug cartels and repressive regimes rake in huge amounts of money exporting it - they would be out of business.

I certainly don't take the stuff, but I don't agree with prohibition and the so-called "war on drugs".

Prohibition has proven to be giant failure and only causes more crime, more profitability, and a black market for uncontrolled and possibly impure (and more dangerous) drugs. In addition, the punishments do more harm than the crime.

Edited by ChefHeat

As an Australian, who has had a close relative die of an overdose , I am very pis..ed off at fellow country men trying to do something they know is illegal and then try to garner sympathy , as I have said before they are oxygen thieves, just execute them. :D

don't blame the dealer,the junky made his choice..........the dealer didn'y ram the junk in his arm.......scumbag junkies are always blaming someone else.It's a business crime, he should get the same sentence those hedge fund managers should get. Those guys ruined inocent people lives.Any junky I've ever :o know was a scumbag before the gear.

The argument how selling drugs is similar to pedo/murder etc. is completley ridiculous. The so called "victims" of drugs choose to do it. The victims of murder/child abuse don't choose it. Some of you have got it twisted.

Also, people with the same argument that since this guy got caught, it is just ridding the gene pool of one idiot, and is a good thing. Using similar logic, why do they not think drug dealers are doing a public service by slowly but surley killing the drug takers, removing them from the gene pool too.

Edited by scottyd

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

good luck mate, and i mean that

I second that. True its stupid to have anything to do with drugs in Thailand but the punishment here is just too extreme. Especially for soft drugs such as weed.

What a bloody idiot, when will these fools learn, more of them need to make it to the end of their sentence, the death end and what a load of crap about thinking of his daughter. I'm sorry but absolute idiots like this really piss me off!!!!

• 4 months later...

UPDATE

Aussie awaits drugs verdict in Bangkok

A 36-year-old Australian man who has pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges will face a Thai court verdict in early August, court sources say.

Andrew Hood, a former storeman from the Sydney suburb of Annandale, pleaded guilty in May to charges of attempting to smuggle up to three kilograms of heroin strapped onto his body in small satchels.

A Thai court on Monday heard testimony from Thai police into details of his arrest last December at Bangkok's international airport with the heroin secured to his body in 12 packages.

Hood was arrested by customs officials as he made his way to the departure lounge. Reports said the heroin had an estimated street value of 12 million baht ($A480,000).

In an earlier hearing in May, Hood, fearing the death penalty, pleaded guilty to the charges.

In Thailand those found guilty of heroin trafficking face the death penalty, but this is commuted to a life sentence of 50 years. A guilty plea is also expected to allow for the court to show leniency.

Hood is currently being held at the notorious Klong Prem Prison.

He told the court in May there was "no way I'm fighting this one. You can't win. I've been informed by plenty of people."

Australian officials attended the court hearing and were providing Hood with consular assistance.

Hood had to have a court appointed lawyer to represent him.

The verdict was expected to be handed down on August 5.

- AAP / 2009-07-13

SJ,

Good riddance to the grub. Judging by the quote, where they have him saying

He told the court in May there was "no way I'm fighting this one. You can't win. I've been informed by plenty of people."

YOU would expect to hear this type of quote from a person who may have been rorting the Australian system or other weak legal system for years....This is where grubs go about breaking laws and after they are caught red handed they slime their way thru the legal system looking for a loop hole or incompetent judge to let them walk. Naturally, I'm not stating this is the case with Mr Hoods, but very suspicious never the less. :)

I hope he enjoys the next 50 years. Som Nom Na!

Edited by neverdie

r154436305.jpg

r2586513608.jpg

r1828859981.jpg

Australian Andrew Hoods, 36, arrives at Bangkok's Criminal Court December 19, 2008. Hoods was arrested at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport on Wednesday with 3 kilograms (about 7 pounds) of heroin strapped to his body.

REUTERS

It's his own family devastation that will also be impacted for 50 years, but that was his choice.

UPDATE

Aussie awaits drugs verdict in Bangkok

The verdict was expected to be handed down on August 5.

So the sentence was death reduced to 50 years?

Any chance for him to get out before that?

He hasn't been sentenced yet, the 50 years is conjecture at this point.

If that is what he is sentenced to, it's possible, but certainly not definite, that he may be released before the expiration of the 50 years.

Well there is a prisoner exchange program between Thailand and Oz, but I would imagine that hes got alot of fish head soup to eat before he will reach that stage. He could possible catch the swine flu inside and die there along with hundreds of others. He's chances of going out of that place in a pine box are probably reasonably high. In a few years time he will probably be wishing he got the death penalty.

I guess if you don't comitt evil crimes like this, you don't have to worry about the penalties, do you?

Well there is a prisoner exchange program between Thailand and Oz, but I would imagine that hes got alot of fish head soup to eat before he will reach that stage. He could possible catch the swine flu inside and die there along with hundreds of others. He's chances of going out of that place in a pine box are probably reasonably high. In a few years time he will probably be wishing he got the death penalty.

I guess if you don't comitt evil crimes like this, you don't have to worry about the penalties, do you?

Evil crimes??? My word, some righteous crusaders do have their knickers in a twist over this, don't they? :)

It's not like he tried to murder, kidnap, rape or torture anyone.

But sure I get it, drugs are EVIL. :D

Evil crimes??? My word, some righteous crusaders do have their knickers in a twist over this, don't they? :)

I get a laugh at of drawing the obvious so called 'drug' supporters out of the closet. Yes, many of these drugs like heroin are evil & there are plenty of cases where people die as a result of them through anything ranging from overdoes to murder. What this man did or was attempting to do was only a few short steps away from Murder, it was illegal and he was caught red handed. I think what the Thai system does with people like this is TERRIFIC! Hopefully he suffers as a result of what he did & hopefully some poor other unfortunates that would of suffered as a result of his actions have been spared. I also recognise that this problem is much larger than just this poor fool who was attempting to transport the drugs, it would be nice to see more arrests involving some more of the evil people involved in this trade.

No doubt you are one of societies best & know it all, so please rattle away about how great drugs are and how much society has it all wrong. :D

Just noticed ur avatar.....says it all really! :D

Edited by neverdie

:D Drugs are not really eviil. Its all about the latent crazyness who "Rests" inside a human,and it will come out in the full when they use it.Only a few people can "tackle" that.Ps: Am not a user,but i Know what am talking about!

:D Drugs are not really eviil. Its all about the latent crazyness who "Rests" inside a human,and it will come out in the full when they use it.Only a few people can "tackle" that.Ps: Am not a user,but i Know what am talking about!

Or so you think :D

r154436305.jpg

r2586513608.jpg

r1828859981.jpg

REUTERS

It's his own family devastation that will also be impacted for 50 years, but that was his choice.

Look at him! He's an idiot! No wonder he got busted.

He did not even have the common sense to be clean shaven and wear some casual type slacks, a collared shirt, and some close toed shoes.

And is that a big hooped earring he is wearing? Cool, Andy, cool.

Of course, I'm assuming, the photos reflect his attire when arrested?

Have a nice life Andy.

Edited by maxjay

Your average heroine addict is normally a placid easy going kind of person who wouldnt wish to harm anyone all they want is money for their fix ....... crackheads and pissheads are a different ball game.

Um,ok.....So your saying that the psychotic drive to feed the habit is not evident in heroin users?Obviously you have never been attacked by a heroin addict.I don't see where the difference is in relation to the different drug users you refer to.All of these feed the mind into an eventual state of madness,thus making the user a danger to everybody(Including themselves).I believe a DRUG USER is NOT the same as a DRUG PUSHER.Yes,many sell to feed the habit,but i think there should be some compassion shown to addicted persons,however,the evil drug pusher is only in it for money,and deserves the death penalty.

For Democracy, I assume everybody is aware that the death penalty aint no good.

I enjoy your posts Datboy,but i am a strong believer in the death penalty for a range of offences.However i also feel that a person has the right to a strong defense team,and it would need to be proven that the person indeed was guilty of said crime.Drugs have destroyed so many innocent lives,all countries need to adopt tough measures to combat it.I DO NOT believe in the Thai law of on the spot killing of suspected drug users/pushers.That is wrong.