Rental Reductions

FarangFatal

A downward movement in the rental houseing market due to the apparent change in demand? Hearing that P-Town is getting slow is it running over to that market? I cannot tell from looking at rental sights etc.

any info?

Wait until "High Season" hsa passed us by. Rental prices will come down.

Lots of people will prefer their properties (houses or condos) to sit empty 1/2 or 2/3 of the year and get a 40% higher rent during the few months that the property is rented. This extra income does not make up for the missing months, or even come close, but many owners will do this. If the current financial problems affect their retirement incomes, then they may have to lower rents.

If you come out here, drive around the estates or look in the condo buildings at the boards, and the boards at Carefour and Friendship, you will find some very good deals. I am paying 8,000 / month for a house that could actually sell for 2.4M furnished. In this case, the furniture--nothing fancy is mine, but with effort, you will be able to find really good deals too, moreso in a house for rent than a condo.

Good luck

I've lowered a couple of my rental rates after having 4 tenants @ 4 units pack up and disappear (to their credit, no one stripped my aircons or trashed their units). 2 residential and 2 commercial. The 2 commercial ones were filled right away at the same rate. The 2 rental units I lowered from 22k and 25k by 5k each per unit and had them filled again as well. Times are getting tough for some folks.

No biggie, will just have to buy Heng Jr.'s Osh Kosh B'gosh two sizes large to save a few Baht.

:o

Edited by Heng

What's to go down...I never thought they were that high to begin with.

There is something suitable for any budget from 10,000 or less for a decent house/condo to over 100,000 for fancy beach-front condos or large houses. Just drive around in an area you like and look for signs, check out the boards at Foodland, Carrefour, Friendship, an visit the front desk of any condos you fancy.

You may find as i have many people are choosing to rent at the moment rather than purchase due to the economic climate, I haven't seen any rents go down, the place around the corner from me went from 13,000 baht per month to 20,000 baht per month recently due to a shortage in the area where I am.

well in pattaya even the real estate companies are saying " make an offer ", i think they will drop,.and will be a much better option than buying till we see where the economy/exchange rate is going,.

Is there any info in that the 50K house rentals are affected. Normally the high end stuff gets washed first...

Can we name a few rental agents that will play make a deal! I'll be in the market in less that 100 days... Yeah I'm trooling for pm's from retal home owners and agents. I want to get my list of people to see here rather that just shopping the net!