Car Rental

keesmeijer

Anyone has experience with Sawasdee Rent a Car (several agencies in BKK)?

They seem quite cheap, especially for longer rentals: THB 18.000 for a Honda Jazz, 3 weeks, unlimited mileage, all insurances included.

Thanks and best regards,

Kees Meijer

Amsterdam, Holland

• 2 months later...
Anyone has experience with Sawasdee Rent a Car (several agencies in BKK)?

They seem quite cheap, especially for longer rentals: THB 18.000 for a Honda Jazz, 3 weeks, unlimited mileage, all insurances included.

Thanks and best regards,

Kees Meijer

Amsterdam, Holland

Yes I have - my advice is not to rent a car with them if you have to deal with Name deleted by Mod.

Edit:

You can advice to rent or not to rent there but not go into details. Under forum rules naming a person is not allowed. Mario2008

• 1 month later...
Booking through ThaiVisa Car Rentals was cheaper than booking direct with thairentacar (who are an excellent company to deal with)

I rented 8 times with pinned Thai Visa Rental, never had any problem. Will do it again next time.

Vehicles were new or newish, clean and perfect, including Honda Jazz.

The formalities are one in the carpark, their representative takes a photo of your passport and DL, you are off in about 10 minutes. Same on return.

Don't trust this clue as a good source, sometimes people are over-bias on things they couldn't receive from well-organized firm.

Text containing name of client deleted - Mario2008

Inappropriate to mention a clients name. Absolutely inappropriate for a business to behave this way.

:o always good to hear the other side of the story. Some people are never happy and name and shame on public forums for no reason...

Yes, maybe they should not mention his name, but maybe he should have left the name of the company rep out of his post...

text referring to delted text and including name of client have been removed - mario2008

Don't trust this clue as a good source, sometimes people are over-bias on things they couldn't receive from well-organized firm.

Inappropriate to mention a clients name. Absolutely inappropriate for a business to behave this way.

:o always good to hear the other side of the story. Some people are never happy and name and shame on public forums for no reason...

Yes, maybe they should not mention his name, but maybe he should have left the name of the company rep out of his post...

There's a very big difference between a person naming a company and a company violating client privacy. One is a corporation, the other is a private person. Particularly when a responsible corporation will have the majority of clients on their side.

For example, when I read hotel reviews on the various sites, I can discount an occasional negative review if the hotel has a majority of good reviews.

Businesses most often have the legal power, clients very little.

I agree, however, that the OP shouldn't have posted the reps name.

You are right, however don't you see that this guy also mention a company's representative name as well??

Edited by bigblues

You are right, however don't you see that this guy also mention a company's representative name as well??

Please read more carefully. I also said, "I agree, however, that the OP shouldn't have posted the reps name."

Having said that, however, the greater responsibility is with the company, rather than the private citizen. Think about it -- does not a company have a responsibility for confidentiality of its clients?

Having said that, however, the greater responsibility is with the company, rather than the private citizen. Think about it -- does not a company have a responsibility for confidentiality of its clients?

Yes, I have mistyped or misspelling over his name

I rented a few times a car with Sawadee carrent. Once 2 months other time 3 months.

Their service is perfect and Mr. Asa is an very honest businessman. Once I had an accident, I phoned him from the place of accident. The first thing he said, DON'T WORRY, ITS NOT A PROBLEM, he did send somebody from the insurance company to arrange the paperwork.

When I returned the car, they looked one second to the damage and smiled and returned my Visa slip. I was out in 10 minutes, no hassles at all about the damage at the car.

Last year I had some problem with the battery. They asked me to come by,I went whit one of his people to the nearest Toyota dealer where they put a new battery and changed the small interior lamp also.

In short perfect service. This month I will rent a car again with them.