Australian Arrest Following Alleged Knife Attack On Thai Woman.

highlander

Police and Medical Units received an urgent call to attend a stabbing incident at View Talay Condominium 2 in Jomtien on Wednesday Afternoon.

Authorities made their way to the 14th floor of Building A and attended to a seriously injured woman, Khun Aemon aged 35. She had sustained a single stab wound to her neck. She was able to explain the incident and claimed the suspected attacker was an Australian resident in the complex.

Following information received from the victim, Police made their way to room number 434/671 occupied by Mr. Kevin Thomas Fitzgerald aged 53. After 30 minutes, he opened his front door and was placed in handcuffs.

Inside the room was clear evidence of a violent struggle. Blood stains on the sofa and floor were examined and a handbag and clothing belong to the victim were found, confirming she had been inside the room.

Mr. Fitzgerald remained silent throughout the arrest; however Khun Aemon claimed that she had been taken to the room by the suspect for the purpose of sexual intercourse. Mr. Fitzgerald demanded that the woman perform sexual acts which were unacceptable to the victim. A struggle ensued, during which the suspect allegedly picked up a knife and stabbed the victim in her neck.

Pattaya One News

A knife thought to have been used in the attack was recovered. Mr. Fitzgerald was taken to Pattaya Police Station for further questioning while Khun Aemon remains in a serious condition in Hospital.

post-10331-1230255998_thumb.jpg

post-10331-1230256006_thumb.jpg

Edited by highlander

Makes me ashamed to be Australian when I read all these latest articles of aussie being arrested in thailand. Don't care what the thai authorities do with him but don't send this violent sexual deviate back to Australia.

I will never be ashamed to be an Aussie, but it does make you cringe seeing yet another Aussie in the news. This deviate should hopefully get a good long spell in the Bangkok hilton, hopefully the female in question will recover ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was staying only 3 apartments away in 668 but thankfully when these events occurred ladyfriend and I were out. After we returned and were going out again a Thai lady got into the lift and began to discuss what had occurred with my friend. It was only some days later reading it on internet that I realised he had been staying so close to us.

It is incredible how stupidly some people behave. I have often wondered since did the guy end up in the monkey house or was he able to compensate all. Fortuneately for both I understand the lady has recovered. :o

Makes me ashamed to be Australian...

Makes me ashamed to be male...

No need to feel shame , just pity for the Victim & outrage at the offender ( his Nationality & Gender have nothing to do with any of us) .............& after seeing the photo of the weapon , ? she is one fortunate Female. Thankfully.

:o