Looking For Some Aussie Expats/bars In Bkk

BKKRICK

Hi There,

Have been in Bangkok for a couple of weeks now. Absolutely love the place, and am planning on staying for a few months at least. Well, at least until my money runs out.

I have been introduced to Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, and I am certain that I have spent far too much money on Bangkok's addictive nightlife already.

Well, time to slow down a bit. Would like to find some bars in Bangkok where fellow Aussie expats hang out. Maybe there aren't any, but if there are, can someone please let me know.

Many thanks in advance ......

Rick

For a change of pace, you could try some of the places in Washington Square, just off soi 22 Suk.

You can usually meet some friendly guys there, who are happy to help out on information, as long as you don't come on to strong.

Give the Silver Dollar, Lone Staar, and Taffys' Square One a try.

Thanks Guy's, I didn't think I would get such a large response. Will definitely try and check all of those bar out - Hopefully starting tonight. Just looking for a bar where I can relax and chat with some local expats.

Had a bad experience last night, got my bill, had bought a few drinks for a couple of ladies. Was trying to keep a running tally, was expecting it to be no more than 800 baht max, got stung for 3000 baht. When I arked up they got a bit aggressive, so just paid - lesson learnt.

Try to take a taxi to Khao Sang Road, just to try something different than the Sukhumvit night life. Start with a beer at Gullivers and then take a walk down Khao Sang.

If it is not to your liking, you can always head back for a late night beer at Nana.

Try "the office Bar" sul 33. Great for all sports too

Bradmans (AKA Downunder in 23)

There is an Aussie bar in soi 7 but it's not very Aussish.....just flags

Its actually Soi 7/1 and quite a few Aussies hang out there as is the owner.

Hi There,

Have been in Bangkok for a couple of weeks now. Absolutely love the place, and am planning on staying for a few months at least. Well, at least until my money runs out.

I have been introduced to Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, and I am certain that I have spent far too much money on Bangkok's addictive nightlife already.

Well, time to slow down a bit. Would like to find some bars in Bangkok where fellow Aussie expats hang out. Maybe there aren't any, but if there are, can someone please let me know.

Rick

The Office, Soi 7/1 bar and Lolita's are all owned by Aussies. Cowboy has a few hangouts. Go to Cosmos in Patpong 2 and say you are looking for Aussies. The girls will let you know when they come in which they do all night. If you hang around Nana you deserve to get ripped but it happens in every area and country.

Washington is a dark & seedy collection of bars and losers.

A couple of bars opposite the square on Soi 22 are owned and frequented by Aussies. Forgotten the names but they are findable and cheaper than Nana.

Thanks Guy's, I didn't think I would get such a large response. Will definitely try and check all of those bar out - Hopefully starting tonight. Just looking for a bar where I can relax and chat with some local expats.

Had a bad experience last night, got my bill, had bought a few drinks for a couple of ladies. Was trying to keep a running tally, was expecting it to be no more than 800 baht max, got stung for 3000 baht. When I arked up they got a bit aggressive, so just paid - lesson learnt.

What the name this bar

The Office, soi 33.

RAZZ

This isnt a Aussie bar, its a glorified brothel, and not a very good one at that.

If as someone says its owned by Lolitas owners then that sums the place up...its also very bad for sports as you get harrassed by none too enchanting prostitutes, whilst trying to watch the event.

Edited by spiderman2

Hi There,

Rick

Try the Crossbar,, its not an Aussie place .. just a great friendly local were you can make friends .. location map on web.. thecrossbarbangkok.com

Hi There,

Rick

Try the Crossbar,, its not an Aussie place .. just a great friendly local were you can make friends .. location map on web.. thecrossbarbangkok.com

Agreed, and there are a few Aussies that drink in there as well.

The Office, soi 33.

RAZZ

This isnt a Aussie bar, its a glorified brothel, and not a very good one at that.

If as someone says its owned by Lolitas owners then that sums the place up...its also very bad for sports as you get harrassed by none too enchanting prostitutes, whilst trying to watch the event.

Owned by an Aussie and a lot drink there.

Never been harrassed in there. Loads of TV's. I watched England beat the Aussies in the last Rugby World Cup over the road because it was so full I couldn't get in.

RAZZ

^ re above bar, as a woman I felt comfortable going there, and if it were a 'girlie' bar in the sense someone is implying, Id say most women would be made to feel uncomfortable. this was not the case. good sports bar is my assessment, and yes the aussies will gather there for a lot of aussie-related sporting events :D

you can also try "Eat Me restaurant and Art gallery" in Soi Convent on Silom. aussie owned, great food, cozy atmosphere for a few drinks (they do some fancy cocktails...but Im sure you can get beers too) :o

I went to the Office to watch the football and was harrassed by some girlies who just wouldnt go away despite my best efforts at staring directly at the football and blanking them.

So as you a women felt comfortable not getting harrased then its not a brothel? There were about 15 girls that worked in there all readily available for sex at the right price, isnt that what a brothel is?

Maybe youve been in LOS too long when you think it isnt a knocking shop!

Edited by spiderman2

DOWNUNDER Soi 23 if you are into sports screens every where not bad prices either and they have imported aussie beers.

I think it is called the Bradman sports bar and grill now

but good food and service and lots of screens with various sports - I think you can rent a bar upstairs for sports watching events if you have a group