Chiangmai Toy Ride

Hog Head

I don't know if this "shameless" promotion violates the forum rules or not; but it is a great cause.

It's Almost Here! :D

Bigger and Better! This years event will include;

Parade - Event Party -Bands-Singers-Children's Games - Monkey Show - Clowns and Magician - Prizes - Professional Photos of You and Your Bike Available. Refreshments at the site and much more!

:o There will be Lots of Kids so please join in the games and the fun.

Click here; :D Chiang Mai Toy Ride Website

Remember it is not just about toys. Funds from sponsors and your donations are used through out the year at charity give aways to poor villages, schools and hospitals. We have supplied blankets, school supplies, playground equipment and even hospital supplies.

MAKE A CHILD SMILE!

WarmUpFinalShow2.png

Edited by silverhawk_usa

Thank you... near the flower market (china town)?, which is next to the ping river ( i know where that is!) ?

dam_n. i dont see any tesco in my minds eye... oh well, will no doubt see other bikers!!

Cheers!

Edited by SomNamNah

Thank you... near the flower market (china town)?, which is next to the ping river ( i know where that is!) ?

dam_n. i dont see any tesco in my minds eye... oh well, will no doubt see other bikers!!

Cheers!

On the Super Highway (11), straight north of the moat.

post-3361-1230809341_thumb.jpg

Pretty much opposite Lanna Hospital, no?

Cheers!

On the Super Highway (11), straight north of the moat.

post-3361-1230809341_thumb.jpg

Pretty much opposite Lanna Hospital, no?

OOPs, sorry didn't see the GoogleEarth map--dunno how I missed it.

Edited due to senility.

Edited by haybilly

I'd urge everyone who has any kind of bike to come to this it will be a great event.

Chas is right! This is a good cause and a lot of fun. But, if you can't ride or just don't feel like it, you can still drop off a toy.... I copied this off the www.chiangmaitoyride.com website:

Cannot be there but still want to donate a toy? There are collection points around the city where you can leave toys or donations

Tuskers

Chaiyaphum Soi 1

T Siriphum

A Muang

Chiang Mai

RichCo

1/2 Wualai Road Soi 3

T Haiya

A Muang

Chiang Mai

PM Restaurant

4/2 Loi Kroh Road Soi3

T Chang Klan

A Muang

Chiang Mai

Out at the X Center Zorb ball park all the bikes have just started arriving for the 2009 Toy Ride, theres a good band just warming up, plenty of toys arriving for the Kids.

This event has been sponsored by Tuskers, Thaivisa's home in Chiang Mai, Also by AA Insurance - Thaivisa insurance Partner.

To get an Insurance quote click here

Thaivisa Insurance have all types of Motor Cycle insurance covering:

Harley Davidson

Large Bikes

Bikes less than 135cc

CTPL

Actually, just for the record, Tuskers didn't financially sponsor the ToyRide this year but we did strongly support it.

I have just got back from the event and it was a great success. The X-Centre was a perfect venue and the children had an absolute ball with loads of games and entertainment for them. The kids were victorious against the Thai bikers in the tug of war which caused great excitement and celebration. (the Farang team were a very woeful last. :D ) Children were allowed to choose a toy each from enormous pile of donated toys with plenty left over for next weeks event for 200 kids in Samoeng.

Excellent live music was provided by the Chiang Mai School for the Blind Band and several acts from Guitarman :o

A great day and hats off to the organisers.

:D :D :D

miltonbently.

with plenty left over for next weeks event for 200 kids in Samoeng ?

i couldnt attend yesterdays event coz i had three sick friends to look after but i would like to attend next weeks in samoeng if possible.

is there some sort of timetable or plan available for next weeks event ?

if yes where can i see it

thanks ..... dave2

miltonbently.

i couldnt attend yesterdays event coz i had three sick friends to look after but i would like to attend next weeks in samoeng if possible.

is there some sort of timetable or plan available for next weeks event ?

if yes where can i see it

thanks ..... dave2

Hi Dave2

The Samoeng event takes place on this coming Saturday. Riders are meeting at Tescos Khamtieng at 9.45am. All are welcome to attend but this may suit slightly bigger bikes due to the additional distance. Bring along a toy or two and enjoy :o

[

i

thanks ..... dave2

After giving the 100 kids at the ride event a toy, plus more toy giveaways for game prizes, we have about 280 toys left over.

The Childrens day ride on Saturday is to support 200 Karen kids from small villages behind Samoung. We will be providing lunch for the kids, giving away the majority of the toys collected on ToyRide Day, plus blankets that we bought with cash donations.

There will be several other give away rides during this upcoming year, supported by cash donations from our Sponsors and individuals.

Thanks to our Sponsors and to the riders that came out and supported this event. Please continue to help children in need and come on the Childrens Day ride on Saturday.

BTW, there are event T-shirts still available at 200B. PM me and I will bring some along on Saturday