Phuket In March

chery08

I'm planning a trip to Phuket in March... when i saw this news.. it's so sad..

I wish everyone and everything will be back to normal soon..

Wanna check if Kata Thani is affected by this Tidal wave? Do you guys think it's safe to go there in March or should i choose somewhere else?

Wanna check if Kata Thani is affected by this Tidal wave? Do you guys think it's safe to go there in March or should i choose somewhere else?

It's probably fine at that time of the year although the weather is getting hot. Possibly you should wait a few weeks and see what the longterm damage to the infrastructure in the affected areas is before you decide on a destination. The east coast was not affected and the North is nice at that time of the year,

It's probably fine at that time of the year although the weather is getting hot. Possibly you should wait a few weeks and see what the longterm damage to the infrastructure in the affected areas is before you decide on a destination. The east coast was not affected and the North is nice at that time of the year,

hmmm.. i'm not very good with my map...

So.. where's the east coast and the north????

I'm tinking of maybe going to Bali... should i?

I was trying to give you a polite hint with, "Possibly you should wait a few weeks". A lot of people on this forum could take your request as being insensitive to the situation that is unfolding at the moment.

On all maps... South is Down, North is Up.. East id Right... West is left.

Bali was unafected I believe, but was the site of the last big bombing..

I was trying to give you a polite hint with, "Possibly you should wait a few weeks". A lot of people on this forum could take your request as being insensitive to the situation that is unfolding at the moment.

On all maps... South is Down, North is Up.. East id Right... West is left.

Bali was unafected I believe, but was the site of the last big bombing..

:o sorry about that then.. i won't ask anymore..

Kata Thani has had some minor damage, it will be tip top by the time you arrive.

Thailand is safe now BTW.

Kata Thani has had some minor damage, it will be tip top by the time you arrive.

Thailand is safe now BTW.

Thanks for the info...

Hope everything will be back to normal for everyone in area that were affected...

Hua hin, cha am, Kho samui , Pattaya, Trat and Kho chang , Kho samet are all ok if you want to lay on the beach.

Maybe you could try Bkk or Chiangmai for a different type of holiday.

Chiangmai would maybe to hot in march.

Please book elsewhere in thailand if you're not sure. Possibly phuket are will be ok again in March, they are hard at work already cleaning up and starting again.

They can use all the help they get.

• 3 weeks later...

A review of the pics will tells that the work is being done veruy fastr in Patong. At that pace things should be MUCH better in two months. March is still high season but I hear that hotels are really hurting a offering discounts that are normally done in low season. the Thara Patong is offerin stay 4 pay 3 www.tharapatong.com. The weather will be getting warmer as is reportede in Bangkok. Remember that April, Songkran time, is really hot. Will be well into the 90's F. I'm expecting to see lots of discounts in all places as business is tight. go, have a good tiome as it should be cheap vacation.

You can see fotos of KataThani after Tsumami at

www.katathani.com

click on the label Tsunami there.

My friend stayed with his family (2 children) at KataThani from Dec 28 till Jan 3. Told, that Sylvester-buffet (expensive) was not the hit, but else holiday was great. Had to go to the KataBuri pool for swimming the first two days, until the big pool of KataThani was cleaned and filled again. KataBhuri was not hit by the wave. Occupancy rate at KataThani was about 15% on Sylvester due to the fact, that most tourists were forced by their package tour operator to go to Bangkok.

They had a lot of fun with Elephant riding, horse riding, going out with jet ski around mom tri, every day fully packed, beaches looked pristine and totally clean.

• 3 weeks later...
A review of the pics will tells that the work is being done veruy fastr in Patong.  At that pace things should be MUCH better in two months.  March is still high season but I hear that hotels are really hurting a offering discounts that are normally done in low season.  the Thara Patong is offerin stay 4 pay 3  www.tharapatong.com.  The weather will be getting warmer as is reportede in Bangkok.  Remember that April, Songkran time, is really hot. Will be well into the 90's F.  I'm expecting to see lots of discounts in all places as business is tight.  go, have a good tiome as it should be cheap vacation.

Yes, you should try check out the Phuket Palace http://phuket.com/phuket-palace/

they are giving some very low prices, the biggest rooms and best pool in Patong, I think you would like it.

Come on down. We need all the visitors we can get just now. Mother Nature has had her say. Whoare we to argue? W can just help one another at this time of need.

If you don't want to labour on a constructionsite, buy a hotel room, a girl. a bottle of beer, it doesn't matter what.