Scottish Bank Notes

gk10002000

I have two of those 5 pound scottish bank notes with Jack Nicklaus on them. I doubt they will be that much of a collector's item. They don't seem to bring a very big price on ebay so it is not worth my time to try and list them and sell them.

I would just as soon exchange them for USD or Thai Baht next time I am in Thailand. I am having some trouble finding a place here near me in the USA that exchanges them. I never paid enough attention to the exchange booths over in Pattaya or at the ariport for that matter, to see if they listed Scottish Notes.

Can anybody confirm if they will or will not accept and exchange these? Heck, if not, send me a PM if you want them, and next time I go to Thailand I will bring them and sell them to you! The two notes are laminated between clear plastic blocks. I did look and the numbers are not sequential. I never know in advance when I get to the LOS but I average twice a year, and stay for about 60 days or more over the course of the year.

Thanks

That famous Scottish golfer and national icon, Jack Nicklaus. Are you sure they're legit?

Hehe. Yeah. That Scottish guy. As for being legit, I have no reason to think otherwise. They look in fine shape. I would leave it up to the money exchange guys to tell me otherwise. They were given to my Dad by a bank VP here in the states. They were both golfing buddies going back many years.

Genuine Scottish notes can be exchanged at Bank Gold soi Rungland, south Pattaya.

Thanks. I assume these commemorative notes are valid currency and are treated as genuine Scottish notes. That is what I have been told as I browse the internet. They only total 10 pounds so it is not a big deal. Just one of those things to do on my next trip there. Heck, they might pay for a one hour oil massage. That alone will make them worth it.

Thanks again

Genuine Scottish notes can be exchanged at Bank Gold soi Rungland, south Pattaya.

Thanks. I assume these commemorative notes are valid currency and are treated as genuine Scottish notes. That is what I have been told as I browse the internet. They only total 10 pounds so it is not a big deal. Just one of those things to do on my next trip there. Heck, they might pay for a one hour oil massage. That alone will make them worth it.

Thanks again

At the present exchange rate, you'll be lucky if you have enough to give a tip after a couple of beers

in a bar!!

:D:o:D

Scottish notes were invented so they would NOT be accepted in pubs south of ANY border when it came time for their owners to buy a round.

Before you exchange them contact the R & A at Saint Andrews they would prorbly offer you a sum for the notes as they have an extensive display of memrobillia at the course - not joking

Scottish notes were invented so they would NOT be accepted in pubs south of ANY border when it came time for their owners to buy a round.

Before you exchange them contact the R & A at Saint Andrews they would prorbly offer you a sum for the notes as they have an extensive display of memrobillia at the course - not joking

Not a bad idea. I don't think they are in high demand because I did a quick check at Ebay and a few other websites and did not see a high price being offered or sought. I don't know how many were issued, but I suspect with a little web browsing I can find out

thanks for the thought.