Best Places To Go For Breakfast

I agree mattias, even the real maple syrup doesn't belong on crepes :o

But, real maple syrup is delicious (the fake stuff, is well, fake). I prefer it on waffles and not American style pancakes. Anywhere have real waffles?

1704102893_159d482e2f.jpg

Angela,s has real waffles.

I ate a thai omelette for breakfast yesterday and the 99 baht breakfast at Catcandoo for dinner. I'd be happy as hel_l to eat nothing but breakfast all the time.

I´m gonna invite some friends for my delecios crepes, but after your laughter and this latest post im thinking of making only egg and bacon for you! :o .

(Joking offcourse :D .)

Morning! well if you and live and work here early breaky, yep 7.00am toast and tea, fine!In doors...

But....

The two I would reccomend in Lamai area, as a late starter..

1/ Harry's, Lamai high street going over the bridge on the left, near the banks which are on the right.opens 8.00am- 9.00am, all day...

Good service a variety...American, Muesli, gut buster etc .. Thai food also 200.00bht circa.

2/ Three Aces Cafe, this opens at 11.00am, so a walk on the beach, after rising from your slumber,.

Situated, turn left into Lamai, by the Macdonalds sign on the main road, then cross roads maybe 100 metres turn right towards the food market, left will take you to the beach, immediatly on your right, next to Siam City red booth exchange booth, Three Aces.

Good food from English breaky, etc..and even for your lady Thai food, Tom Yam Kung the best in Lamai, by far..

And your Sunday Roast, served ALSO at weekends.

Fresh and good!!

RECCOMENDED

ENJOY

O M IN S

I ate a thai omelette for breakfast yesterday and the 99 baht breakfast at Catcandoo for dinner. I'd be happy as hel_l to eat nothing but breakfast all the time.

I´m gonna invite some friends for my delecios crepes, but after your laughter and this latest post im thinking of making only egg and bacon for you! :o .

(Joking offcourse :D .)

breakfast_big.jpg

the best :o

Sorry to reproduce this photo, but this is a perfect example of how Asians deal with frying an egg. Lots of oil and far too hot skillet. The result, as you can see, is an ugly blob that has crusty edges and bottom. No short order cook in the US would even dream of fcking up an egg like this.

(and don't get me started on the reconstituted "hashbrown potatoes," ala MacDonalds....)

• 4 weeks later...

The best value for money 99bht is The Three Aces Cafe in Lamai, near the market, NEAR THE CORNER WHERE THE Siam City exchange booth, 50 metres from the beach! for full English Two Bacon, Two Sausages Egg, Saute Potatoes, Tomatoes, Beans, Tetley's Tea or Coffee!!

And you can add on Hash Browns or what ever!!!!!!!

Try it 8.00am till Midday, Sunday Roast Chicken Beef or Pork 199.00!!!!!

And Thai food and Euro menu Try it Brill!

O M IN S 2008

Just go to the Elephant & Castle in Bangrak and have the Big Elephant Breakfast, you won't need to eat for the rest of the week and you can spend the change from your 1000 baht on beer!! :o

Bistro Journal on the ring rd, and Big Buddha Coffee (guess where), both have back bacon and english sausages. Bistro Journal does a mean poached egg too. Both places coincidentally sell very good coffee - this may be partly why I like them!

Picnic Basket is also good, good meats and good selection of breakfast stuff but not great coffee and a bit pricy for a 'full english' (in comparison to other places).

Finally, a local option - roadside stall in Bangrak, grab some savoury donuts and sweet tea - 30 baht and very nice.

Edited by danw

I concur, the Bistro Journal for coffee. I think the best, but maybe that's another thread...

We always like to go to Spa Samui for breakfast. Either on the beach or the hill. I like the one on the hill as it's a bit quieter.

Banana pancakes there, I believe.

Bistro Journal on the ring rd, and Big Buddha Coffee (guess where), both have back bacon and english sausages. Bistro Journal does a mean poached egg too. Both places coincidentally sell very good coffee - this may be partly why I like them!

Picnic Basket is also good, good meats and good selection of breakfast stuff but not great coffee and a bit pricy for a 'full english' (in comparison to other places).

Finally, a local option - roadside stall in Bangrak, grab some savoury donuts and sweet tea - 30 baht and very nice.

breakfast_big.jpg

the best :D

that looks horrible...where?

Muck up a good breakfast with baked beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms? :o

Somehow, the Thais are convinced this is an "American Breakfast," available at most 4 and 5-star hotels in Thailand.

it's simple - the thai's sometimes get mixed up between the british full breakfast (as shown - bacon, egg, sausage, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, hash browns etc) and the 'american breakfast', which is like the UK breaky but for complete pussies (tiny 7/11 style sausages, no shrooms, no beans, no tomato, ham replacing bacon etc etc etc.).

I've lost count of the amount of times I've sat down for a 'full breakfast' only to be provided with the yank diet version. vomit.

for a decent breakfast in samui I'm afraid I can only comment on lamai joints - coconut cafe & outback bar are a good bet.

:D

I agree g4s, except when did a full British breakfast include hash browns? Black pudding maybe, but certainly not what is in the photo.

I have never been able to get 'proper' bacon in Thailand, having tried many retail and wholesale suppliers, but what the hel_l, I'm not complaining, my Thai wife cooks me an excellent 'English' breakfast when I ask so do not need to go out to get one thankfully.

I agree g4s, except when did a full British breakfast include hash browns? Black pudding maybe, but certainly not what is in the photo.

I have never been able to get 'proper' bacon in Thailand, having tried many retail and wholesale suppliers, but what the hel_l, I'm not complaining, my Thai wife cooks me an excellent 'English' breakfast when I ask so do not need to go out to get one thankfully.

Lean back bacon, or smoked or unsmoked with rind are available in the frozen section of Makro in 1kg packs.. not a massive choice admittedly, but it can just about qualify as proper bacon imho.

The continental bakery in Lamai, opposite from the Ska Bar. Sell every type of breakfast you can think of including french toast and the bread is baked daily... its making me hungry just thinking about it. Great prices too!

Nice food but i'll be honest & say the Waiters/Waitress's or whatever they are, puts me off...

& if that makes me a whateveraphobic, then so be it..