Bullfighting

Briggsy

On the "Show" Channel, I'm watching bull fighting, not the Spanish variety with matadors but wua chon i.e. 2 bulls having a fight.

Does anyone here attend such events?

In Thai, the message, "Betting is illegal" rolls across the screen.

In between fights, they play a song by the death metal band, 'Slipknot', replete with expletives in every line whilst replaying the bit where one bull gores the other bull.

Edited by Briggsy

What can you say? Other than "TiT" and slowly shake your head.

PS. "Animal Cops South Africa" is on the Animal Planet later on this morning - 3 am. It might help you remember that people in some countries care about all animals, and not just fluffy poodles.

this channel is part of our cable package. they also show cockfights - saw one cock die. But never saw bulls injuring each other and no such commercial break. but then, I'm squeamish and like animals. Cows are really friendly.

At the time, I thought this is much fairer than the Matador variety of a bull fight

In F1, dangerous bends command the highest ticket prices. chances are some driver might get killed here... on the motorway, sometimes drivers would stop in the fast lane, to look at an accident, hoping to see torn limbs or a single head.

But what about the editorial decision to use Slipknot as backing music. Here are some of the lyrics from the song in question, 'My Plague'

"You fuc_kin' touch me I will rip you apart"

"I will reach in and take a bite of a shit you call a heart"

"I need a minute to elaborate for everyone the everyday bullshit things you have done"

"Kill you. fuc_k you. I will never be you [the refrain]"

All to a death metal background.

It's just odd, incongruous and plain wrong! What is going on in the producer's head <deleted>?

But what about the editorial decision to use Slipknot as backing music. Here are some of the lyrics from the song in question, 'My Plague'

"You fuc_kin' touch me I will rip you apart"

"I will reach in and take a bite of a shit you call a heart"

"I need a minute to elaborate for everyone the everyday bullshit things you have done"

"Kill you. fuc_k you. I will never be you [the refrain]"

All to a death metal background.

It's just odd, incongruous and plain wrong! What is going on in the producer's head <deleted>?

The song rings like the attitude of alot of todays young.....I must be missing something? :o

It's not common for bulls to get seriously injured during this.. It's what they'd do in nature, push up against each other!

It's a bit boring really. But if you want to see it, the prime place is the Chonburi buffalo festival; (or was it Suphanburi..) Don't know when it is held, google it.

It's not common for bulls to get seriously injured during this.. It's what they'd do in nature, push up against each other!

It's a bit boring really. But if you want to see it, the prime place is the Chonburi buffalo festival; (or was it Suphanburi..) Don't know when it is held, google it.

Don't need to go to Chon/Suphan/Any other -buri since it's on the telly (Joe Smelly (Cockney rhyming slang))