Good Motor Cycle Shop In Bangkok

prepress

There are a HOST of bike shops (new and used) along Charan Sanit Wong on the other side of the river. If you start along Phetkasem from Wong Wian Yai you will start to find them 1km before you reach Charan Sanit Wong. Try this lot and then turn right onto Charan Sanit Wong. Between roughly Soi 8 and 48 are a stack of new and used bike shops. Service varies, but some of the "hole in the wall" accessory shops are VERY well managed by Thai standards (commonly by a shrewd Thai lady). As you get up towards Pin Klao you will notice the bike shops start to get more upmarket. Just past Borommarachachonnani (try saying that pissed) you will find a few more. By the time you reach Sirin Thon they are thin on the ground again.

You can also try on Ekkachai, but I found there to be less options up there so less competition for your business.

So, come over to the dark side of Bangkok and get yourself a good deal. Good luck out there.

There are a HOST of bike shops (new and used) along Charan Sanit Wong on the other side of the river. If you start along Phetkasem from Wong Wian Yai you will start to find them 1km before you reach Charan Sanit Wong. Try this lot and then turn right onto Charan Sanit Wong. Between roughly Soi 8 and 48 are a stack of new and used bike shops. Service varies, but some of the "hole in the wall" accessory shops are VERY well managed by Thai standards (commonly by a shrewd Thai lady). As you get up towards Pin Klao you will notice the bike shops start to get more upmarket. Just past Borommarachachonnani (try saying that pissed) you will find a few more. By the time you reach Sirin Thon they are thin on the ground again.

You can also try on Ekkachai, but I found there to be less options up there so less competition for your business.

So, come over to the dark side of Bangkok and get yourself a good deal. Good luck out there.

At last!!

Someone who actually answered the question. :)

Thank you very much for the information, I too am looking for a dealership. Is there a Honda dealer in this area?

• 4 weeks later...

Helmut (prepress) recommended Yamaha Square on this site, and in PMs to me.

I can concur with his recommendation. I went in knowing what I wanted, and Preuk and Samart, with a young lady whose name I was remiss in not asking but who had excellent English, answered all my questions and organized the purchase of exactly the bike I wanted. Price was great, too - slightly under and near to the manufacturer's recommended price.

They also organized the necessary registration, albeit with a bit too much time needed for me to go to my embassy in order to get that sworn affidavit indicating my address in Thailand.

I had some queries about insurance and exactly what was on the papers I was sent, and they were answered and followed up on by email.

To their great credit, they also organized the delivery of my new Nouvo Elegance from their dealer in Bangkok to my place here in Ban Phe, Rayong province. It was actually shipped through the Thai Post Office!

Not quite a week yet, but I'm delighted.

I'll concur with the recommendation: Yamaha Square 1/1 Pahalyotin Soi 31 Ladyao Jatujak

Bangkok 10900 Phone: 02-930-3811

Located just up and across from the Elephant Buildind on Thanon Pahalyotin.

post-77830-1256021157_thumb.jpg