Health Insurance For Over 70's.

wineman

Anybody in Pattaya over 70 Y.O.A. got health insurance. Would love a lead please.

I looked around trying to find something for my 76 y.o. dad without much luck.

I think there was a place where he may have been able to get something though. I went to AA Insurance (Thai Sri Insurance, by the entrance to Big C in South Pattaya. If you make the turn from S Pattaya Road, then the left and go parallel to Big C and don't turn into the parking lot, the AA Insurance office is on the left side, just before you would turn into the main parking lot by the front entrance).

They had something there, but I didn't give it much thought as I figured I'd bring dad out there himself. It seems most places (like the expat clubs) have group policies, but only for those under 65 (unless you had the policy before turning 65, in which case it will carry on afterwards).

The ads on Thai Visa look good!!!

Unfortunately, according to the TV Insurance website:

"It is available for anyone under the age of 59 and half but can be renewed up to the age of 64 and half."

So it's not really useful to someone 70+

A friend of mine in his late 60's is insured with Thai-German Group, located down Naklua way. I think they've now changed their name to Global Solidor. No idea if they can help with over 70's but worth a phone call if you've not tried them already. german-thai.com is the website I think.

The ads on Thai Visa look good!!!

Unfortunately, according to the TV Insurance website:

"It is available for anyone under the age of 59 and half but can be renewed up to the age of 64 and half."

So it's not really useful to someone 70+

The age limits are for the Thai Visa group policy which offers great savings over the regular premiums.

Thai Visa Insurance can offer medical insurance to the over 70's depending on their individual circumstances.

Please go to : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

As far as I know, and I have checked them all, you have to insure yourself before age 60. LMG and Bupa will insure you for life if you buy before the age of 60.

Barry

I've just been looking at the LMG Pacific website http://www.lmgpacific.com/health.php

It says that they have no age limit for application or renewal.

OP - Worth a phone call.

PS- Save time by clicking on "Brochure" instead of "Table of benefits" as this gives you the benefits and premiums (only up to 65)

Edited by chickenslegs

I've just been looking at the LMG Pacific website http://www.lmgpacific.com/health.php

OP - Worth a phone call.

PS- Save time by clicking on "Brochure" instead of "Table of benefits" as this gives you the benefits and premiums (only up to 65)

I am in the process of getting LMG and although, I am 61, I believe but not sure that, only renewal of insurance goes past the age of 65. I am seeing my agent tomorrow, I'll try to remember to ask.

As far as I know, and I have checked them all, you have to insure yourself before age 60. LMG and Bupa will insure you for life if you buy before the age of 60.

Barry

OP - Worth a phone call.

Chickenslegs

You are quite correct re. the application age.

LMG is a good strong company and on the 'approved' list of insurers from Thai Visa Insurance.

Remember, it cost you no more to use the Thai Visa Brokerage service but may well save you money !