Pg Tips

gpdjohn

In search of this beverage in the Changers.

I spoiled my wife on this most delicious of beverages whilst in America ( yes, in America no less)

and now she is asking like a drug addict for it.

Kawp koon khrap :o

Dont know about PG tips here.

I've been using HELADIV English Breakfast Tea,from Rimping.comes in boxes of 100 with the Union Jack prominent.on the box...gives a good 'brown' brew.

They also stack a range of Twinings teas but quite a bit more expensive

The last place I saw PG Tips was in Rimping supermarket, across from the airport plaza. There was none at Meechock branch.

It was near the top shelf where the teas are sold, near the small cafe area. I don't know if there is any more left now. You could also try Kaseems store on Neimenhiemen, (sorry about the spelling). Good luck.

PG Tips are indeed an essential for life. First thing on the list for anyone visiting from the UK.

I can spare you a dozen bags just because it's you GDPJ :o

I'll leave them behind the bar.

PG2.jpg

PG tea - lovely :D

Thanks Chas. :D

Once again diplomacy reigns. The UK helping out the Yank.

( and I have been looking for a reason to come and have a cold Lao and stare at Gai. Well, until the Mrs figures out what I'm doing....)

~ John

I too am on the PG Tips trail. Used to get it at Tops (Airport) but not seen it for a while. Kasem store has none either. Tried the Heladiv but felt it lacked the punch of PG.

Currently using Tesco's Organic Tea Bags (Tesco Lotus Kamthien) which are pretty good. Doesn't make that lovely brown PG brew but taste is good.

Twinings English Breakfast (many places) are also pretty good but they are expensive!

What's it with PG Tips and half of the British population apparently being addicted to it? I bet you pour milk in it, too! Ah, there's nothing like the golden colour of a fine Olong, or the fragrance of a green Jasmine tea.

...which brings me to another question. Is there a specialty tea shop in Chiang Mai? I went through all of Twinings & Co. as well as the Chinese brands and I'm looking for something new now.

Cheers, CMX

What's it with PG Tips and half of the British population apparently being addicted to it? I bet you pour milk in it, too! Ah, there's nothing like the golden colour of a fine Olong, or the fragrance of a green Jasmine tea.

...which brings me to another question. Is there a specialty tea shop in Chiang Mai? I went through all of Twinings & Co. as well as the Chinese brands and I'm looking for something new now.

Cheers, CMX

And apparently 1 American and a Thai too. :o ( and yes, I pour just alittle milk in it as well. Must be from my "other" side of the family which hails from Chester, also the reason for my diplomacy.)

My first ex is heading back to UK on the 20th from the US and I called her today to ask if she would sent me some, glad I still consider her friends and she me as well, so may hit the jackpot soon.

Hang on to those bags for me MB, gotta head south to Pratchin Buri on a family issue for a few days. Hopefully it will be some what warmer there for a few nights..

Cheers, CMX

And apparently 1 American and a Thai too. :o ( and yes, I pour just alittle milk in it as well. Must be from my "other" side of the family which hails from Chester, also the reason for my diplomacy.)

My first ex is heading back to UK on the 20th from the US and I called her today to ask if she would sent me some, glad I still consider her friends and she me as well, so may hit the jackpot soon.

Hang on to those bags for me MB, gotta head south to Pratchin Buri on a family issue for a few days. Hopefully it will be some what warmer there for a few nights..

In your own time old chap - the tea will keep :D

I plan to move to Chiang Mai from UK, in the very near future.

Im beginning to wonder how many packets of PG Tips or Yorkshire Gold Tea I should bring with me............. :o

Helloall - You certainely like your tea, 6000Baht (over 100quid) for 960 Yorkshire Tea Bags!!!! :D

yorkshire tea

now your talking !

Yorkshire_gold_802-106x99.jpg

Yorkshire Tea Gold is superb.. better than PG

sadly, never to be seen for sale in CM.. (unless...?)

Rimping supermkt at Meechock used to carry the Yorkshire brand, but have not stocked it for a couple of years now. I did ask if they could order it again, as it was popular, but the request fell on deaf ears.

Cheers, CMX

Have a look at the small shopping complex at the Mandarin Oriental, there is a shop there dedicated to loose leaf tea's.

As with most things there I should imagine it as being quite expensive.

I too am on the PG Tips trail. Used to get it at Tops (Airport) but not seen it for a while. Kasem store has none either. Tried the Heladiv but felt it lacked the punch of PG.

Currently using Tesco's Organic Tea Bags (Tesco Lotus Kamthien) which are pretty good. Doesn't make that lovely brown PG brew but taste is good.

Twinings English Breakfast (many places) are also pretty good but they are expensive!

I agree about Heladiv - insipid. Try Tops own brand English Breakfast Tea (blue box and red logo) - 60% Assam & 40% Ceylon. Gets close.

Fortunately, recent visitors from the UK brought me 4 big boxes of (for me) the real thing - Twinings Assam. Should kick start my mornings for quite a few months yet :o

I'm a bit of an odd ball I guess.

I have my MIL send me green tea grown outside Chiang Mai and Jiaogulan tea ( not really a tea but a vine belonging to the cucumber family)

Dont get me wrong those other teas are quite good, and I brew my green tea as dark as a black pekoe. Its just a personal preference. I do quite often mix the two, it produces a sweet tasting tea that I find fits my palate.