Where To Swim In Bangkok?

SGDude

Medical cert just has to say that you are healthy enough to swim, any doctor will make you one for 50 or 100 THB (no need to go to an hospital, just go to the 1st sign indicating a doctor/clinic you see in the street).

Interesting...

Never had to do that in my country...

Found 2 swimming pools near my place... Any more?

http://www.ku.ac.th/aboutku/english/

http://www.getfitcentre.com/fac.php

As you probably already know KU is 50 mtrs pool. They didn't ask me for any medical cert. a bonus it the canteen next door the food is very good and cheap, food hall style. 50 Baht per session. They have memberships which you may be able to get at slightly more than the published price if not Thai. The only problem is the traffic from Central to Rajayothin, often not moving.

Want to try the klongs. Even Bangkok govenor candidate took a dip. Check out this video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEAlpaLQYCM

That was funny. I could understand a bit of what she was yelling... Chuay Duay (Help)! Men (Stinks)! Men! Men Mark (Stinks a lot)!

I do not think she fell into the klong because it looks deliberate to me... I won't be swimming there for sure!

As you probably already know KU is 50 mtrs pool. They didn't ask me for any medical cert. a bonus it the canteen next door the food is very good and cheap, food hall style. 50 Baht per session. They have memberships which you may be able to get at slightly more than the published price if not Thai. The only problem is the traffic from Central to Rajayothin, often not moving.

Cool! I think I will be cycling there from my apartment.

I have never been to KU, any idea where the pool is? Any particular entrance?