Hard Rock Cafe In Patong

coatesy

Hard Rock Cafe, another blandishment on the landscape in the land of tasty tukka.

Weird, the people who travel the world eating dumbed down food a la Amurrica.

I support hawker foods, love it.

Full of preservatives, lots of starch, grease, fat, canned veggies, artificial flavouring (including msg) and heaps more nutrients.Yum. Like eating at Scruffy Murphys, McDonalds or Burger King.

Yes street food, small Thai places.. you will nver see a can of veggies in a Thai food stand or small Thai restaurant.

There used to be a Hard Rock Cafe in Bangla - about 20 years or so ago. But no, it was not the real McCoy...

There still is.

Mac moved the Hard Rock into Soi Seadragon years ago. He's in the 3rd, or 4th place on the right-hand side. Still has the best music in Patong.

Hard Rock Cafe, another blandishment on the landscape in the land of tasty tukka.

Just take a look these American goodies :o

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/24...in-america-2009

On many visits to the US of A, my grandson was completely satiated at ARBY's, or with 99c hot dog special (2 for 99c) from 7/11 and the like, loaded up with all the available dressings.

ALL food is bland and fat laden.

Coffee, when will they learn to put coffee into the excuse they serve up.

Best coffee in LoS was in Chiand Mai, just along from the AMARA, opp side, forget the name.

Had to push the spoon in, real flavour, yaaaaas.

• 4 months later...

Just take a look these American goodies :)

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/24...in-america-2009

On many visits to the US of A, my grandson was completely satiated at ARBY's, or with 99c hot dog special (2 for 99c) from 7/11 and the like, loaded up with all the available dressings.

ALL food is bland and fat laden.

Coffee, when will they learn to put coffee into the excuse they serve up.

Best coffee in LoS was in Chiand Mai, just along from the AMARA, opp side, forget the name.

Had to push the spoon in, real flavour, yaaaaas.

It might never open. It's run by those so and so's at Destination Properties and the project has been delayed again and again and again....

yumi yumi I can'y wat to pay too much for this quality food.

better?

Must admit, I've been in many Hard Rock places around the world (from Moscow to Madrid), and if you get the genuine article, the service is always good, as they obviously have a corporate training policy. Not sure about the food as I've rarely eaten there, but as a franchise operation, normally they are quite reasonable. I cannot for one moment think that they would have a dual pricing policy for example, even here in Thailand, and for nothing else I'd support their opening, however late. Wouldn't it be great if a farang and Thai couple went into the place at the same time, had the same food/drink, and they both got the same 'check bin'!!!!

From my 'dining' experiences in Hard Rock & Planet Hollywoods in the Asian area, the food is just plastic, usually deep fried. Treat it as an interesting & pricey experience ....

of course there is one thing that seperates this company from other american imports. It is a real american brand now the indians own it. maybe you can buy your burger with a bag of coloured beans or some fire water!

There used to be a Hard Rock Cafe in Bangla - about 20 years or so ago. But no, it was not the real McCoy...

There still is.

Mac moved the Hard Rock into Soi Seadragon years ago. He's in the 3rd, or 4th place on the right-hand side. Still has the best music in Patong.

I agree but is named something else now.

i also cant wait to pay these prices for a tee shirt

http://www.hardrock.com/Estore/category.as...Tees&Page=1

Don't worry - I'm sure you'll be able to buy one across the street for 100 baht or so.

As to the dining experience - I don't think that they're relying on the local expat population for their customer base. Tourists always seem to flock to the HRC locations around the world while on holiday. Probably just to say that they've been there. If the tourism numbers in general are good (and that's a big "if" right now), they'll do fine. If/when tourism goes south, they'll follow (along with just about all other hospitality businesses).

Don't worry - I'm sure you'll be able to buy one across the street for 100 baht or so.

As to the dining experience - I don't think that they're relying on the local expat population for their customer base. Tourists always seem to flock to the HRC locations around the world while on holiday. Probably just to say that they've been there. If the tourism numbers in general are good (and that's a big "if" right now), they'll do fine. If/when tourism goes south, they'll follow (along with just about all other hospitality businesses).

"As to the dining experience - I don't think that they're relying on the local expat population for their customer base".

Yeah, I don't see myself looking forward to the food at The Hard Rock, not a destination to eat for me.

For those of you out there who remember when Big Bill was doing the DERBY KING on Patpong Rd. This is a true story , which occured as Hard Rock Cafe -Bangkok was preparing to open in early'90s I think.

There was a group of customers coming in regularly at the Derby King on PatpongRd. in Bkk , one day he asked one of the guys a fairly young fellow what he was doing in the LoS ; he responded by telling Big Bill he was here too open the new HRC in Bkk.Big Bill replied"Well how come your not eating at your own place" He replied, mind you this was the farang USA Corporate guy, " I don't eat that junk, besides everyone knows Big Bill has the best sandwiches in Bkk"

Anyone doubts this story....BB had witnesses ! Matter of fact Big Bill may open his pick-up or delivery deli,Dineer & Subs shop for the Patong area in the next few months...The Wizard of R&R-aka_BB

• 4 weeks later...
For those of you out there who remember when Big Bill was doing the DERBY KING on Patpong Rd. This is a true story , which occured as Hard Rock Cafe -Bangkok was preparing to open in early'90s I think.

There was a group of customers coming in regularly at the Derby King on PatpongRd. in Bkk , one day he asked one of the guys a fairly young fellow what he was doing in the LoS ; he responded by telling Big Bill he was here too open the new HRC in Bkk.Big Bill replied"Well how come your not eating at your own place" He replied, mind you this was the farang USA Corporate guy, " I don't eat that junk, besides everyone knows Big Bill has the best sandwiches in Bkk"

Anyone doubts this story....BB had witnesses ! Matter of fact Big Bill may open his pick-up or delivery deli,Dineer & Subs shop for the Patong area in the next few months...The Wizard of R&R-aka_BB

Big Bill is already selling his homemade products in the Deli Supermarket in Patong.

• 2 months later...

T-shirts are always somehow hilarious. Person goes to eat in the restaurant / have a beer. And then _buys_ an advertise to go with.

Be jesus a blast from the past, any one buy a tee shirt, did it open, the thing about these gaff's for me was the unbeliveably friendly staff, like my name is f^&*wit but I really care about your enjoyment tonite I love you and am your best friend forever,do you think they have managed to get that here?

or is it.

I want a cheese buger,You want chease burger,chai, me get for you and two hours later you get a salad, you ask for san mig lek kap ,thay say light you say do you have not light they no have and by about this time the will to live is leaving you.