Anyone Know Of A Nice Building With Spacious 2-bedroom Apartments?

girlx

You are so skinny you could live in a letter box .

not so much anymore! gained 5 pounds in BKK. i blame chefs xp!

Si Phraya River View Apts

any idea where this is? i can't find it with google.

i am still dreaming of a 2 bedroom + townhouse with a yard, maybe near lumpini... but i think i need a thai person to do the deal for me. :o it's very difficult finding the right place on your own as a farang, the prices jack up immediately when they see you.

i am still dreaming of a 2 bedroom + townhouse with a yard, maybe near lumpini... but i think i need a thai person to do the deal for me. :o it's very difficult finding the right place on your own as a farang, the prices jack up immediately when they see you.

I know what you mean!

Share any anything you find, im in the market for an apartment also :D

yeah i know the villa suan phlu building, my friend lives there. it's a decent place for those on a tight budget, but it is not what i am looking for. thanks for the tip though.

Then try the Supalai building just up the soi. Not sure what 2 bedrooms goes for though. Also an LPN further up around the bend.

TH

Yesterday, I had a look this Supalai building on Soi 8 Suan Plu. I think, It is a nice building.

They have a pool and a gym.

I had an agent showing me a few studios, a one bedroom (I am looking for a studio or 1br) and a two bedroom.

She wanted 30000 for the two bedroom (19th floor, unobstructed views,), a master bedroom and a smaller bedroom. The place is newly furnished. Agent said the place is 80+ sqm. I am pretty sure, you can negotiate the 30k.

However they didn't put a bed in the smaller bedroom. And the kitchen had no cooking facilities. Could possibly buy a little cooker.

Cable and internet setup - to be done by the tenant. (the agent could possibly help doing it)

If you are interested, I can send you a PM with the agent num. If you are around, you could just walk in and ask at the office as well.

Edited by yongli

You are so skinny you could live in a letter box .

not so much anymore! gained 5 pounds in BKK. i blame chefs xp!

Si Phraya River View Apts

any idea where this is? i can't find it with google.

Is it this?

http://english.cri.cn/2947/2008/06/10/[email protected]

This is about as central as you can get and seems to fit with your budget. Not sure how roomy or what the internet access is like.

Villa Suan Plu

TH

Yeah, I think you can find a better place than this; they'll nickel and dime you to death. They have a pool but charge even residents 80 baht to use it. They want 2 months deposit and 1 month's rent in advance. They charge you each time you use their telephone and will cut you off after 30 minutes. (I know this is no big deal with how cheap mobile phone rates are here in Thailand but it's the principle of the matter.) They have a gym but they even charge residents to use it. Wireless internet is 750 baht a month. The manager's son also told me the coffee shop directly in front of the place often plays loud music late at night.

I do like the Suan Plu area though so maybe I'll go back and do some more in-depth apartment searching by just walking around and looking for "for rent" signs and stopping into places that look promising.

also, what is with the 2 bedroom apartments having one big bedroom and one tiny bedroom big enough only for a twin bed? are there no places with 2 equally sized rooms???

Edited by girlx

Yes, there may be but the location you have stipulated dictates a budget of 35 - 40K.

Either accept it or widen your brief.

In truth, once you lurch into the 100sm + category most developers have assumed that 3br is the requirement.

GirlX, have you considered Boss Tower? Older building, but pretty well maintained and secure, very roomy suites with real kitchens, in-suite internet connections, big swimming pool. Restaurant, laundry, hair salon and massage on-site.

It's not the most central, but a fast moto ride will get you to Thonglor BTS (in effect it's near the foot of Soi 36 and not far from soi 26 ie Emporium, Villa, Phrom Pong BTS), and it's quick as well to get to the MRT. It's 10 min. walk from Carrefour Super Store; Tesco is across the road from Carrefour. There's a 7/11 not far away as well. There's good street food in Rama IV soi 5, 5 min. walk, and on the other side of Rama IV don't-ask-me-what-soi. And there's Suk Soi 38 evenings. And of course lotsa fast food in the Carrefour and Tesco malls.

I lived there for a couple months, and I can tell you, they were extra careful about returning the deposit, to the satang, no BS. 2BR 94 sq. m. serviced for 27,000 on a 6-12 month contract. Here's their website. And here's a good map. Boss Tower is #334A

Edited by billp

a house???? nah, i would love a nice townhouse with a little yard but have never found a decent-priced one within bangkok city limits....

You've been looking in the wrong places, then. There are many in your price range. My ex-girlfriend has one right off Lad Phrao Rd. in Bangkok, close to the MRT, two stories, two bedrooms, spacious downstairs and kitchen, for the price of 12,000 baht/month. You really are looking in the wrong places. I have seen similar but slightly more expensive as it's close to Sukhumvit in the sois off of Sukhumvit 71.

Hi Girlx, someone recommended St Louis Mansions to me awhile back, other members might know more about it, 138 Soi Satorn, 13 South Satorn Road.

BTS Chongnonsi if you walk towards Naratiwat ( 5 mins from Empire Tower), there are some new condos just recently finished. How they are going to fill them, I dont know, might be worth a look.

There a quite a few little Soi's between Satorn Road and Naratiwat with heaps of smaller townhouse/apartment blocks, some have signs on them in Thai, might be worth doing a walk around.

I wouldnt bother with Maple House Soi 10, if you need good internet speeds, half the stuff in gym is broken, nice roof top garden though and has a pool.

Baan Thiripa, Soi 7 Satorn, nice well maintained complex and good management.

If you have the time, I would bargain, there are heaps of empty places around at the moment.

Good luck

Also take a look at Silom Suite on Satorn Soi 12. Between Surasak and ChongNongSi. 2 bedroom apartments can be had from 20,000 to 30,000 depending on the decoration and the floor. I have several friends living there and they are generally quite happy. But, for the best deal don't deal with the Ms Somchit as she takes a big cut from the rentals that she handles but look at the board outside the elevator where the owners are advertising directly. This is where the deals are to be had.

...I do like the Suan Plu area though so maybe I'll go back and do some more in-depth apartment searching by just walking around and looking for "for rent" signs and stopping into places that look promising.

Try Suan Plu soi 6. There are several buildings along it (it goes a long way down, with a very nice building at the very end, not sure what the rent is though). Also Narathiwat Soi 7 that connects to Suan Plu has many apt buildings, though I suspect most are out of your budget.

TH

phayothin soi 3 100 meters from the main road down the soi, theres an old style thai apartment with 2 brs at about 20-25 with swimming pools etc and its near sanam pao bts station

another place is soi 10 phayontin about 150 meters down the soi on the left there is a condo building with swimming pool etc 2 brs about 24k

i wouldnt know how many rooms or if any are available, just have to check if thats the area you like

Sukhumvit Soi 38 (Thong Lo). Sunshine Court.

2BD for 25000. However the apartments are like from the 80s. The place itself is beautiful. Lots of grass, quiet, tennis courts, pool. But it is just a matter of luck if there is a 2bd available. 7 min walk to bts.

Sukhumvit Soi 38 (Thong Lo). Sunshine Court.

2BD for 25000. However the apartments are like from the 80s. The place itself is beautiful. Lots of grass, quiet, tennis courts, pool. But it is just a matter of luck if there is a 2bd available. 7 min walk to bts.

And a huge replica of the White House, where the octogenarian owner lives.

Yes, it's just a matter of luck if you get in here. The apartments are crumbling, everyone pays different rates, but the location/value is still hard to beat.

(PS - shouldn't this be in the accomodation forum?)

Edited by polecat