20% Interest Per Month!

So, yes there is B80,000 at 20% remaining - I guess we have to act pretty fast!

so YOU are classing her problems as WE now.If you are helping why dont you pay the debt off and let her give you about 10% per month,much better and you will gain money as well as helping her.

A good Thai friend of mine spend weeks in hospital and was then faced with bills (hospital and others) of more than BT100,000. She got a loan from a loanshark at an interest rate of 20% per month. The amount owed has since doubled. Currently her whole salary and their income from rubber goes into paying interest. She works 7 days a week but does not even have money for rent at the end of the month. Furthermore, she is harrassed at work and threatened with court action and jail if she does not pay up. I have read that they actually lock people up in Thailand for failing to pay debt!

Question, where can she find a lawyer to advice her on her rights and where can se get a better deal on rates for a loan?

The only reasonable thing for you to do is to pay off the outstanding balance on her loan immediately.

Thanx LivinLOS.

Just one question - what is, or how does a land title in Thailand look like? I know that the land they have used to be her grandfathers who passed away in Feb 08. What I say is grandfather passed away in Feb 08, father passed away 30 August 08 - In whos name will the land be. And where will the land title(s) be? I know things take time in LOS.

Is there any other alternative to look at? Landwise that is, cause she used her car already.

This story gets better and better; now the grandfather's dead! Both father and grandfather dead in the same year...

It's starting to sound like a story some of my Nigerian "Friends" always seem to email to me, it's got all the key parts; money, interest, loans, death, illness, banks, assets without a clear owner...

You're Nigerian 'friends' are going through those problems too?