Driving School In Bkk?

khun_j

no, it´s not a joke - my son got of age this week and would, of course, like to drive here legally.

i do know of the dangers, so no need on that ;O)

has anyone done his driver´s lisence here from the beginning on? of course we´ll train our son ourselves as well, but does a driving school make sense or is it a waste of time and money? any recommendations? english is a must...

all the paperwork is ok with the yearly non-imm-visa status etc.

thanks a lot - in the motor forum i only find about how to turn an intl lisence into a thai, but this is (almost) a from-square-zero-thing :o

i was wondering this too, and is it possible for a farang to take the course and get a license here? thinking of buying a car.

edit: is it possible for a farang to lease a car in thailand?

Edited by girlx

Driving school will get the license for your son. I think it cost 1000-2000 Baht (undertable).

My driving school get my wife a real Thai driving license even she failed the writting test or road test.

But you need a letter from your embassy to prove your address.

do you have any info about where the driving school is? do you have to be on a non-imm visa? do they supply a car?

I think staff in my driving school speak very little English. But any driving school in Bangkok can 'buy' you the license.

You need a non-imm visa or some long term visa. They won't give license to tourist.

My school do supply many cars, but only 2 car are fit for learning driving, the rest are just normal car. (without the L sign)

im just curious .. but does anyone know if a thai driving license can be used to obtain an International driving license / license in other countries ?

i havent driven before but i'm in thailand for about 6 months so was considering learning here and obviously not having to repeat the test back home might be a bonus (country in question = england)

There is non govt? driving school in maung Thong Thani area in the same street where the UOB bank is located and not far away from it. They have large 3 screen wrap around driving simulator that can be seen through their shopfront window. Don't have any other info sorry.

im just curious .. but does anyone know if a thai driving license can be used to obtain an International driving license / license in other countries ?

i havent driven before but i'm in thailand for about 6 months so was considering learning here and obviously not having to repeat the test back home might be a bonus (country in question = england)

You can get an International driving license in Thailand if you have a thai driving license older than 1 year old.

Thai driving license are all in Thai, so it might be difficuit for police in England.