Cheap But Quality Dentistry

Shakermaker

Got my top 2 front teeth knocked out in an accident and want permanant implants.

It's pricey. The cheapest I have been quoted so far is 59k baht per tooth (including fitting/the whole process). That was at a place called Dentaland near Tops on Sukhumvit. I haven't really shopped around but the cheapest my usual dentist do them for is at 75k per tooth. I would like to get them done there because they are really good/clean/great service/etc - can't really afford that price though.

Obviously the brand/manafacturer of the implants determines the price.

Anyway, if anyone knows of anywhere please let me know.

:o

I have used 3 dentists while in Thailand

1st ) Vipavadee hospital near central lad prao..

well organised medium/high price.

English sort of spoken.

2nd) Smile private clinic lad prao near soi 20

medium price. some work was good some was bad...did recommend once ..bad job to friend....

wouldnt use again. speaks very good english qualified in Denmark

3rd) Yanhee internatinal

expensive but quick but also rubbish job had to go back and tell the dentist to smooth off rough finish to front tooth.

wouldnt use again. English spoken.

(but nice waitingroom, a young nubile lassy roller skating around with documents in short uniform helps to pass the time)

I would use Vipavadee again but you need to book in advance (like being in the Uk but slightly shorter by 6 months )

Deopending on how much you want to pay, but I find UDS on Sukhumvit Soi 103, Tel NO: 02743 2288

Husband and wife operated, both speak English, the wife better. Skilled and competent pratitioners, the clinic is also very modern, with all the facilities required of a modern dental surgery.

Prices I have found to always be very good. Nearest BTS is On Nut, and it is on the left hand side, before soi 15 if I remebr correctly.

Deopending on how much you want to pay, but I find UDS on Sukhumvit Soi 103, Tel NO: 02743 2288

Husband and wife operated, both speak English, the wife better. Skilled and competent pratitioners, the clinic is also very modern, with all the facilities required of a modern dental surgery.

Prices I have found to always be very good. Nearest BTS is On Nut, and it is on the left hand side, before soi 15 if I remebr correctly.

Implants are expensive all over the world,not much difference between Thailand and US prices.I guess the Thai's haven't been able to copy them,yet.

not much difference between Thailand and US prices.

Last I looked, there was a big difference. Maybe other members can weigh in?

Japan is about 6000US$ a piece. Australia (I know someone who did implants there) was 5000A$ (when the A$ was near 1:1 with US$).

BIDC quoted 560K baht for 8 implants + crowns afterwards.

Google them, you can see there.

Edited by think_too_mut

not much difference between Thailand and US prices.

Last I looked, there was a big difference. Maybe other members can weigh in?

Japan is about 6000US$ a piece. Australia (I know someone who did implants there) was 5000A$ (when the A$ was near 1:1 with US$).

BIDC quoted 560K baht for 8 implants + crowns afterwards.

Google them, you can see there.

I have looked into this before and I have found that implants in Thailand are slightly cheaper than prices in the UK. My wife is a dentist in Bangkok. You will need to see someone who has taken further qualifications in order to get implants done. Not all dentists do this kind of work. If you require dental work done in Bangkok, I would advise going outside the Sukumvit area where prices are much more expensive. General treatment can be more than double the cost in the city centre. However, the cost of most dental work in Thailand is far cheaper than the cost in the UK, for example.