La Boulange - French Bakery

JimmyTheMook

This is a hidden gem. Located on 3rd Road just past the Pattaya Klang intersection next to the big car wash and pretty much parallel/ behind the Carrefore building

01172009070.jpg

I often stop in there for a sandwich and coffee and the place is consistently good.

Highly recommended as their breads are in my opinion the best in Pattaya.

ham and cheese sandwich is a very reasonable 70 baht and very fresh and tasty

01172009072.jpg

01172009074.jpg

Fresh tarts can also be found (unusual for Pattaya ?)

01172009068.jpg

Turns out the bulk of their business is to the trade as they supply many of the better hotels in Pattaya so the selection of pastries always differs but they are always really excellent.

Check it out !!!

I am not familiar with the place but next time I visit the area I may give it a try. If they have limited seating and from the photo it looks like outdoor seating. I would hate to get stuck outside as I hate street noise and car fumes. And there on 3rd road it's always noisy and busy. No piece and quiet to read a paper and enjoy the food and/or conversation.

Is it within walking distance of Carrefour?

Just trying to get my bearings here as I don't know the area well and thought of parking at Carrefour.

It is with in walking distance but well back on 3rd road so it will be the equivalent of a few city blocks.

Driving there is easier and I always find parking.

Bought a sandwich from there this morning - to take away. Exact replica of the one in your picture!

Excellent value - best I've had in these parts - really impressed by the generous thick slices of ham.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be back!

Bought a sandwich from there this morning - to take away. Exact replica of the one in your picture!

Excellent value - best I've had in these parts - really impressed by the generous thick slices of ham.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be back!

did the same this evening - excellent! - not sure why the sandwich is not on the menu but no problem when we described what we wanted to the waitress - thanks for the tip

Went there today at about 4:30pm.

Asked for a menu, they said they did not have a menu. Asked for a sandwich, They turned us away saying they close at 5pm..

:o

I suppose the huge spike in customers after this free publicity has them stressed ... Funny, really.

BTW good to know they close so early .....

And turn you away if you get there near their closing time..

Quite disappointed as its that time of the day that I'm looking for somewhere to eat.

get there earlier next time , it's worth it.

as noted they are mainly set up for the trade so they do not keep restaurant style hours.

Tried their ham & cheese sandwich yesterday. 10/10 for presentation. Looked exactly like in the photo. Generous with the ham too. However, the baguette was rock hard (tore the roof of my mouth to shreds) and I'm not a big fan of that processed cheese. Could've just been a bad batch of bread but on first impressions I won't be rushing back. I like the sandwiches at Le Baguette in front of the Woodlands Resort more than this place.