Pig Farming

cagey007

Misread?... Gosh! I'm confused with this recent posts...

i'm thinking hard here...maybe it is the Quote windows that is messing the minds or is it the stray bullet and the unintended / accidental target...hmm~

Edited by RedBullHorn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do not understand why some people,post things like this ,they do not no my circumstances,i have been honest 100 %,in trying to learn something,very sorry that i can not be at the farm full time,as i have things to tie up here( sell my house ,etc.) and try to give my kids a half decent education,so to you know it alls who just like to take the p--s out of people..good luck in your sad life,

If you misread my intent than you have my apologies. I have no issue with those whose lives include more than just farming in Thailand. Good luck to you and your kids.

My issue is with people who seem to have nothing to do but criticise others. For me constructive critisim is always welcome, I'm always willing to learn. I will in future attempt to be more explicit in my comments. Thanks.

Isaanaussie

no problem, no harm done,good luck to you and you family,

Ian

Hi guys,

6 years ago i start build a farm i Phimai, north of Korat. Today we have 80 sows and about 600 pigs on our farm. We discovered that feed manufactures price is way to high. So we decide to mix our own feed. It was a huge problem in the beginning because we had no experience of either pigs or feed mixing.

In the beginning, we used an excel sheet to calculate the calories and proteins. Our pigs did not grow fast enough and we realized there was something missing. After some research I realized that there are several other substances that also must be included. I then built a software where I gathered all the information I have received over the years. I have also started a web site where you will be able to exchange information about pigs, etc.

http://www.feedlab.eu

Its a free software. Please try it and give me feedback so i can improve it.

Post a question on the forum if you have questions about pigs, how to mix food or medicine, and I'll try to help you.

Here is an example of what we have in our pig food. I can also provide you with info about where to buy it.

http://www.feedlab.eu/Formula.html

BetaGro has come to us a few times to tell us that our feed is not good enough. The last time they were three people who came, including one doctor who spoke English and worked as a dietician. After we talk for a long while, we agreed that we would buy betaGro's feed if they could produce evidence that our food was not good enougth. We gave them several different samples of our feed. After a week I received a letter from an independent lab in Bangkok showed that we met all the requirements could be imposed on a professional feed mixture. After that, we have not heard anything more from betaGro.

/Jonny

Hi Piggy Folk,

I have had a number of questions regarding the feed I am using so I thought some of you may be interested in the way I calculate the feed requirements per week. I have developed a really simply spreadsheet which I just load the numbers of pigs at each stage and it calculates the number of bags of each stage of feed I need to buy.

Feed Costs June July 2010.pdf

By rounding up the numbers up it comes out pretty close to my usage considering the increase in intake of growing pigs even over the course of a week.

If you have the time to study it more closely you can see the fluctation in average cost to feed the pigs as the piglets grow.

Anyway I find it useful at the small scale I am operating.

Isaanaussie

Edited by IsaanAussie

From reading this thread and others in the farming forum i gather all this planting, harvesting, mixing, mucking about in the mud, feeding, selling/buying is all done "in an advisory role" as surely you can not actually be doing all this work as a farang? :whistling:

From reading this thread and others in the farming forum i gather all this planting, harvesting, mixing, mucking about in the mud, feeding, selling/buying is all done "in an advisory role" as surely you can not actually be doing all this work as a farang? :whistling:

Appearances can be deceiving. I get all covered in <deleted> from behind the advisors desk in a one man operation.