Yamaha 2009 Show - Seacon Square

nakedAIR1300

While at Yamaha's main office on Saturday 17th January to pay the deposit on my new Yamaha 2009 FZ6 I was invited to join in the ride to the Yamaha show at Seacon Square at 3pm. Most of the Yamaha Riders Club were in attendance and the line up of bikes was very impressive.

48-(9).jpg

Leaving Yamaha headquarters:

Yamaha Riders Club 2009

MY NEW BABY (amongst others)

49-(5).jpg

Earlier in the day I had sold my T- Rex but the new owner gave me the courtesy of a final ride and so i couldnt resist but to join in the fun and ride to Seacon Square with the Yamaha Riders Club.

I tell you, some of these guys can ride. The R1's spent most of the time on their back wheels all the way there! Awesome to watch as they got on the gas and weeved through traffic leaving everyone else in their dust.

So anyway we arrived at the event and was led through the crowd to our very own VIP Yamaha members parking area in the middle of the event. If I knew this i would of atleast washed my bike and put on a nice shirt. I didnt know it was going to be this big of an event. I entered giving people a taste of the sound of exhaust and when parked people flocked to have their photos taken with my bike... what a nice feeling.

Yamaha Riders Club had their own partitioned off VIP area with beautiful ladies serving us food and drinks all afternoon and into the night. As the sun came down out came the boxes of Penfolds wine and beer all on house!

It was an impressive evening as some of my favourite Thai bands played including BODYSLAM, CRAZY CLASH and DA ENDORPHINE. I was lucky enough to sneek around the security guards and get in a photo of me with Bank from Clash..awesome!

I must apologise for the lack of bike photos, i got carried away with the Yamaha girls. Which one is your favourite?

48-(11).jpg

49-(1).jpg

49-(2).jpg

These girls were awesome... even when walking away I couldnt help but take some snap shots!!

49-(6).jpg

49-(7).jpg

This is by far my favourite... Khun Fon. She may look familiar to some of you, YES she also does shoots for FHM :o

49-(11).jpg

49-(12).jpg

49-(15).jpg

Some big pics to break the monotony. There are some pics here of Valentino Rossi's MotoGP bike also.

49-(16).jpg

49-(17).jpg

49-(18).jpg

49-(21).jpg

49-(23).jpg

49-(24).jpg

There was a HUGE turnout of FINO's also. Nobody was paying them much attention though...

Allan you would of been in heaven. A lifetimes supply of FINO's to crash at the track.

49-(26).jpg

The official opening of the Yamaha 2009 show was done by the Thai band CLASH !! Awesome Thai band and definately one of my favourites !!!

49-(28).jpg

49-(29).jpg

As the night drew on and the wine kicked in we had a buch of laughs while listening to the awesome lineup of music on show.

49-(30).jpg

A big hats off to Yamaha Riders Club for an awesome afternoon. It came as a surprise the whole thing and was a nice way to spend an evening. The new owner thought i was going to be back with my bike by around 7pm but as i realised there was a party to be happening i returned a little later than expected but it was well worth it :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics BUT next time advance notice so I CAN JOIN would be nice :o

Mate i had no idea it was even going on. I turned up at Yamaha dealer to pay my deposit on the FZ6 and saw a turnout there. Sorry for not letting anyone know... this whole event was kept a secret

While at Yamaha's main office on Saturday 17th January to pay the deposit on my new Yamaha 2009 FZ6 I was invited to join in the ride to the Yamaha show at Seacon Square at 3pm.

49-(5).jpg

LOVE the FZ6! Congratulations! But HP junkie that you are, I thought you were going to get the FZ1?

So anyway we arrived at the event and was led through the crowd to our very own VIP Yamaha members parking area in the middle of the event. If I knew this i would of at least washed my bike and put on a nice shirt.

Now now Trent- threadbare T's and a dirty bike are part of your profile... Hope you at least wore your armored undies! :D

I didnt know it was going to be this big of an event. I entered giving people a taste of the sound of exhaust and when parked people flocked to have their photos taken with my bike... what a nice feeling.

What aftermarket exhaust options do you have for the FZ6, because I KNOW that the stock exhaust is WAY too quiet for you! :wai::burp::D :jerk:

I must apologise for the lack of bike photos, i got carried away with the Yamaha girls. Which one is your favourite?

Um, do we have to pick just one??? :burp:

48-(11).jpg

49-(1).jpg

(I see Trent still has his ladyboy fetish...) :o:D:P

Awesome report and great pics Trent! I just got back this am and am jet lagged like a mofo, but gonna go drag myself over to the Kwacker showroom on Rama 9 and reserve myself an ER-6n.

Can't wait to ride with you when you get your FZ6. It will be a lot of fun to compare the two bikes, and I've no doubt you'll need the extra horsepower of your Yammie to keep up! :D

Happy Trails!

Welcome back Tony. was going to ring you at 8am this morning to see if you had jet lag :o

anyway i didnt like the feel of the FZ1 and the price tag is a bit of a joke really. ill pimp up the FZ6 and see what happens.

my riding has improved since you have gone and i have an extra 30 HP + the extras i will be putting on the FZ6 so i think its YOU who will need to keep up...

and im setting for this one:

49-(12).jpg

Khun Fon is gorgeous!

Brilliant report Trent, it would be better IF I knew and could join you...

48-(11).jpg

I like the one alone on your side there Trent, did you get her number as well??? Remember we get the freebie girl included in our new FZ6 deal from Yamaha, they know how to treat a customer...

Tony, tried to call you twice but no answer, what's this jet-lag that's what drugs are for... Wake up you lazy bastard :o

You will have a hard time on max rev following me and Trent on future trips mate, I will get the Devil Exhaust for mine, not sure about Trent yet, you go for the Devil or Two Bros Trent?

Cheers Bard

Brilliant report Trent, it would be better IF I knew and could join you...

48-(11).jpg

I like the one alone on your side there Trent, did you get her number as well??? Remember we get the freebie girl included in our new FZ6 deal from Yamaha, they know how to treat a customer...

Tony, tried to call you twice but no answer, what's this jet-lag that's what drugs are for... Wake up you lazy bastard :o

You will have a hard time on max rev following me and Trent on future trips mate, I will get the Devil Exhaust for mine, not sure about Trent yet, you go for the Devil or Two Bros Trent?

Cheers Bard

Yes she is gorgeous isnt she.. a real stunner!

I have ALL their numbers ..PM me for details

Edited by nakedAIR1300

Welcome back Tony. was going to ring you at 8am this morning to see if you had jet lag :D

anyway i didnt like the feel of the FZ1 and the price tag is a bit of a joke really. ill pimp up the FZ6 and see what happens.

my riding has improved since you have gone and i have an extra 30 HP + the extras i will be putting on the FZ6 so i think its YOU who will need to keep up...

Thanks Trent- it's good to be back, and congrats on the FZ6. If it wasn't so dam_n overpriced the FZ6 would definitely be the bike for me! Did you pay 447,xxx or has the price changed for '09?

I hit up the Kawasaki Big Bike shop this afternoon to take the ER6n for a spin and place my deposit. I'll be picking up my new ride on the 28th!!! :o 225,xxx is a dream come true and I'm already planning the mods I'll make with all of the money saved.

I've no doubt you'll be hard to catch on the FZ6 but you know I'll give you a good run for your money! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony, tried to call you twice but no answer, what's this jet-lag that's what drugs are for... Wake up you lazy bastard :D

Hiya Bard- good talking to you this afternoon. Drugs... well we had planned to dose my son for the flight from Amsterdam but even after a double dose it only kept him down for 3 hours and the rest of the flight the missus and I took turns chasing him around the 777. :o

A pleasant flight, but no rest at all. Are you talking about exhaust options for your FZ6 or your ER6n? :D

Cheers!

Tony

I'm talking about the FZ6 Tony, with the Devil it's a RAW stunning sound, I love it. The ER6n is far cheaper and I think it's a good thing which will move more real bikes into Thailand. But I already ordered my FZ6 and it hurts a bit paying all that extra but, I know I will love it to death, so I'm happy about it even though it's unfairly priced. Last thing I want is to sit being 95% happy and longing for yet another upgrade, I want something I'd love riding, listening to and just having fun with, the FZ6 does all that for me I know, also being a light 600 bike it will be a thrill in the twisties so I am just looking forward to get the machine. Will be fun when we all are in 600 class riding together, much more fun I am certain.

Hey watch out Tony, Trent has practiced for hours and hours on a race track, and he is getting very fast in the curves so put him on a lighter bike with plenty of power and he will be the rocket man :o

Sounds like your flight was eventful, gotta love flying with kids eyh? I usually gave my daughter some Port Vine at the flights and that knocked her out for the duration, myself I throw in some slimming pills when I arrive and voila I'm awake ready for the day, a sleeper in the evening and no worries, no more jet-lag... Good to have you back man, have to meet up before I go back to work.

Cheers Bard

Tony, tried to call you twice but no answer, what's this jet-lag that's what drugs are for... Wake up you lazy bastard :D

Hiya Bard- good talking to you this afternoon. Drugs... well we had planned to dose my son for the flight from Amsterdam but even after a double dose it only kept him down for 3 hours and the rest of the flight the missus and I took turns chasing him around the 777. :o

A pleasant flight, but no rest at all. Are you talking about exhaust options for your FZ6 or your ER6n? :D

Cheers!

Tony

Getting price on exhaust and pipes as we speak. Will be fitting full exhaust, power commander and quick shift. With any luck the HP will be upward of 130 HP, if not i feel a turbo kit coming on!

will be driving out the door March 1st and off to dyno to break in engine. i would like to do a long trip up north soon thereafter

While at Yamaha's main office on Saturday 17th January to pay the deposit on my new Yamaha 2009 FZ6 I was invited to join in the ride to the Yamaha show at Seacon Square at 3pm. Most of the Yamaha Riders Club were in attendance and the line up of bikes was very impressive.

Can anybody explain what the V with the fingers means?

And, although it's not on the photos, there is also the finger and thumb at right angles held up to the face pose.

What does it mean?

So Trent why didn't you get the naked version of the FZ6 again? I think it looks killa

because i will be doing some serious track time on this bike and i know how naked performs on track and it doesnt do it for me. i like naked, dont get me wrong... anyone that knows me knows im all about naked BUT track times suffer as a result

With any luck the HP will be upward of 130 HP
Isn't the hp of the bike around 95? Helluva increase even with a full system.

Change the cams to full R6 cams, full system and ECU upgrade and you end up with around 130, pretty good for a 600, but then again it has the R6 engine with detuned cams to 98 hp so it's not surprising really :o just reverse it to full R6 with a exhaust and there you go, poor mans R6

Cheers Bard

With any luck the HP will be upward of 130 HP
Isn't the hp of the bike around 95? Helluva increase even with a full system.

comes out with 98 HP from factory. with full exhaust gives it extra 20 HP, then power commander around 7 HP + air filter and some other small mods i think 130 HP is achievable easily but will have to wait and see

So Trent why didn't you get the naked version of the FZ6 again? I think it looks killa

Fazer's aren't "naked" bikes. XJR is naked Yamaha.

Search

Correct fazer has historically been the half faired versions..

But the FZ6N and FZ1N ARE nakeds.. I think the 'fazer' models is officially only for the S designations these days ??