Yamaha 2009 Show - Seacon Square

nakedAIR1300

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to sum up what service is;

Trent got the FZ6 for the entire weekend to test it out (to decide) on the Roads and he obviously did more milage than most people do testing it out, when he came back the Yamaha guy sat him up with one of the Yamaha girls for his enjoyment to end a good weekend. Where else do we find this service in Thailand, yes as well in the West?

Also he fell in love with the FZ6 and as people who know him have figured out he likes fast bikes, he did way over 200 km/h and found the 2nd gear to do 150 km/h without redlining. Surprised he found it to bust the balls out of his mate riding his old 1300 Yamaha, the FZ6 rocks it is a fast bike with a ton of fun in a package which accepts allround riding. I cannot wait to get mine, it will be a blast.

Cheers Bard

Just to sum up what service is;

Trent got the FZ6 for the entire weekend to test it out (to decide) on the Roads and he obviously did more milage than most people do testing it out, when he came back the Yamaha guy sat him up with one of the Yamaha girls for his enjoyment to end a good weekend. Where else do we find this service in Thailand, yes as well in the West?

Also he fell in love with the FZ6 and as people who know him have figured out he likes fast bikes, he did way over 200 km/h and found the 2nd gear to do 150 km/h without redlining. Surprised he found it to bust the balls out of his mate riding his old 1300 Yamaha, the FZ6 rocks it is a fast bike with a ton of fun in a package which accepts allround riding. I cannot wait to get mine, it will be a blast.

Cheers Bard

Oh ya, what weekend! I had the choice between all the Yamaha bikes for the weekend but i chose the FZ6 as thats the bike i have already put a deposit on.

Our plan was to basically end up around Kanchanaburi/ Myanmar (Burma) for the weekend and cover as much ground as possible to test the bike. We didnt leave BKK until lunchtime Sat as i had to finish a few things in the office but we still managed to cover 1010 km from lunchtime Sat until dusk on Sun.

The FZ6 did EVERYTHING i wanted and more. It had enough power to blast away from the XJR 1300 at the lights and it was nimble enough to flip through traffic coming back into BKK.

It handles like a dream in every situation. I tried to get my knee down through the 150km/hr long sweeping bends but didnt seem to drum up the balls to get that low. The only time i took it easy was on some downhill roads coming from Myanmar where the road surface was not up to scratch, the bike feels the potholes and bumps and i didnt want to push it through this area. Apart from that i hit 215 on the clock a couple of times and was cruising at around 180km/hr on the nice roads.

Once the exhaust is fitted, a power commander and a quick shifter i think this bike will be unstoppable! Fast, light and sexy!

BTW. BKK to Kanchanburi cost me 120 baht in petrol...cheap as chips.

I had twice the power of the 1300 for half the petrol bill.

and yes thank you to Yamaha for throwing in the desert to finish off the weekend. Im late to work this morning... it was worth it!

Edited by nakedAIR1300

Oh ya, what weekend! I had the choice between all the Yamaha bikes for the weekend but i chose the FZ6 as thats the bike i have already put a deposit on.

Our plan was to basically end up around Kanchanaburi/ Myanmar (Burma) for the weekend and cover as much ground as possible to test the bike. We didnt leave BKK until lunchtime Sat as i had to finish a few things in the office but we still managed to cover 1010 km from lunchtime Sat until dusk on Sun.

The FZ6 did EVERYTHING i wanted and more. It had enough power to blast away from the XJR 1300 at the lights and it was nimble enough to flip through traffic coming back into BKK.

It handles like a dream in every situation. I tried to get my knee down through the 150km/hr long sweeping bends but didnt seem to drum up the balls to get that low. The only time i took it easy was on some downhill roads coming from Myanmar where the road surface was not up to scratch, the bike feels the potholes and bumps and i didnt want to push it through this area. Apart from that i hit 215 on the clock a couple of times and was cruising at around 180km/hr on the nice roads.

Once the exhaust is fitted, a power commander and a quick shifter i think this bike will be unstoppable! Fast, light and sexy!

BTW. BKK to Kanchanburi cost me 120 baht in petrol...cheap as chips.

I had twice the power of the 1300 for half the petrol bill.

and yes thank you to Yamaha for throwing in the desert to finish off the weekend. Im late to work this morning... it was worth it!

I can confirm a good weekend was had by myself and Trent and yes the FZ6 is a fun machine to ride, i can also confirm a max speed of 215km/h was had by the Ghostrider A.K.A Trent...bike looks great on the road and if i had to choose i would say black would be the one for me, but untill then i am more than happy with the XJR 1300 and other than probably needing a caltex driving behind me wherever i go.. i was impressed with its performance over the 2 days , now looking forward to Udon on the 6th.

I tried to get my knee down through the 150km/hr long sweeping bend
:o:D ahem .. really

looking forward to Udon on the 6th.

Hiya Peter! Congrats on buying Trent's T-rex, aka, the Flying Fridge. Wicked fun muscle bike, but just too big and heavy for Thailand's twistier roads or BIRA's tight corners. Scarcity in Thailand of Benzene 95 is also going to be more of an issue, though easily solved with a little octane booster.

You are riding to the Udon Thani bike week? Me too!

You'll be easy to find- the Yoshi pipe on the XJR is hard to miss! :o I'll be on a black ER-6n and I can't imagine there will be many of them (yet).

Happy Trails,

Tony

Here is some encouragement for the knee down with the FZ6 Trent, somebody having some fun at a track with two of them

Just be careful to not do like this dude in FZ6 cup

Cheers Bard

Nice vids Bard. The second one hurt just to watch! :o

You and Trent will soon be the dueling FZ6 pair at BIRA. I'm looking forward to seeing it! (But please avoid any crashes like that 2nd video!)

Happy Trails

We paid 417k baht for each of them with a ton of freebies thrown in, expensive but what a bike man 4 cylinder R6 race engine in the package so it flies. Talked to my guru back in Europe I worked with who is a renowned engine tuner and they managed to hit 178 miles per hour on one he tuned for the FZ6 cup up there. Since he is a good buddy he sent me all the tune-ups for it by email today. I am in bloody heaven guys... This will be awesome, me and Trent will fight like hel_l on the track, must the best man win :o

Hey Tony you have to race us with your Kawa, nah...

Cheers Bard

So how much was the FZ6 you bought?

Depending on where you look the Fazer FZ6 lists between 437,000 to 447,000THB

Here's a price list from yamaha-motor.co.th:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/ridersclub/Pricelist.aspx

Understand Trent and Bard went in with some other guys and negotiated themselves a nice discount and a mountain of freebies. Yamaha Big Bike definitely takes excellent care of their customers.

The prices may have changed slightly in 2009. Best to check with Yamaha.

FZ 6 FAZER - specs- 600cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valvesCash Price: 437,000 baht

Deposit: 109,250 baht

Installments: 327,750 baht

Interest: 4.5%

Repayments

12 mths: 28,542 baht

24 mths: 14,886 baht

36 mths: 10,334 baht

48 mths: 8,034 bahtFZ6-Fazer_small.jpg

Hey Tony you have to race us with your Kawa, nah...

LOL Bard- I know there's no way my ~72HP ER-6n will keep up with your pimped out ~120+HP FZ6 but I do certainly look forward to riding with you! I think if I actually want to keep up with you guys I'll need to buy a track bike or rent one of Graham's Gixxers. :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

Haha you never know Tony it will be fun to see how the Kawa is performing on the track mate.

My buddy Jørgen Johnsen who tunes engines back in Europe explained how they made 126 rear wheel hp on a FZ6 without much money out, so it must be done man can't wait will be a thrill, then add up some more track time to get back in shape and yohooo I am alive again :o

Cheers Bard

Well Travelmate your gun is bigger than ours on the track but when we get in shape it will be fun to race you, we should be better off in the curves but on the straights you will have no problems ripping us, will be lot of fun :o our German buddy with his son was really happy when I told him I went for the FZ6, he couldn't wait to have fun with us on the track on more suitable bikes, still not a superbike beater but a superfun 600 which I shall put the balls to the walls with. Roll on March roll on...

Cheers Bard

looking forward to Udon on the 6th.

Hiya Peter! Congrats on buying Trent's T-rex, aka, the Flying Fridge. Wicked fun muscle bike, but just too big and heavy for Thailand's twistier roads or BIRA's tight corners. Scarcity in Thailand of Benzene 95 is also going to be more of an issue, though easily solved with a little octane booster.

You are riding to the Udon Thani bike week? Me too!

You'll be easy to find- the Yoshi pipe on the XJR is hard to miss! :o I'll be on a black ER-6n and I can't imagine there will be many of them (yet).

Happy Trails,

Tony

Cheers Tony , ya im well pleased with the "t-rex" and really got a feel for it over the weekend , loved it on the back roads to Myamar great torque coming out of them wee corners and alot of fun.

Ya im riding to Udon alright, been in touch with AnthonyR1 as i bought his Yoshi jacket so i got the info from himself, looks like meeting at Caltex Asok 7 am Friday 6th. Looking forward to seeing that new baby of yours , i was out of the loop for the release of the ER-6N so i had bought the T-Rex by then , i defo would have considered that one at 225,000 ..but too late for now , hey great choice on color like i said above the FZ6 looks great out n about in black.

re : video - ouch!!!!

Well Travelmate your gun is bigger than ours on the track but when we get in shape it will be fun to race you, we should be better off in the curves but on the straights you will have no problems ripping us, will be lot of fun :o our German buddy with his son was really happy when I told him I went for the FZ6, he couldn't wait to have fun with us on the track on more suitable bikes, still not a superbike beater but a superfun 600 which I shall put the balls to the walls with. Roll on March roll on...

Cheers Bard

Well if the 600 is in the right hands. It will kick the litre boys into the weeds. Just watch Hans on his CBR600RR!

If things go according to plan (purchase of a new bike) ZX10R will be back in track gear by early Feb. And I will look forward to giving Charlie (German buddy with son) a flick of my tailpipe on track.

The flying fridge is a beauty Pete, you'll love it congratulations.

Only thing I really wonder about is Trent's new name on ThaiVisa, he is not nakedair1300 anymore, think nakedinbar would suit him better actually and that one would be valid for life I can imagine, or lookatmymatewhenifuc_kyou but then again that is to long.

Cheers Bard

Cheers Tony , ya im well pleased with the "t-rex" and really got a feel for it over the weekend , loved it on the back roads to Myamar great torque coming out of them wee corners and alot of fun.

Ya im riding to Udon alright, been in touch with AnthonyR1 as i bought his Yoshi jacket so i got the info from himself, looks like meeting at Caltex Asok 7 am Friday 6th. Looking forward to seeing that new baby of yours , i was out of the loop for the release of the ER-6N so i had bought the T-Rex by then , i defo would have considered that one at 225,000 ..but too late for now , hey great choice on color like i said above the FZ6 looks great out n about in black.

Cool! I'm hoping to join that ride as well, though thinking about taking a more scenic route via Khao Yai National Park, so either see you at the meeting point or in Udon Thani.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Ya im riding to Udon alright, been in touch with AnthonyR1 as i bought his Yoshi jacket so i got the info from himself, looks like meeting at Caltex Asok 7 am Friday 6th.

Ur gonna be there too! I will be as well!

Anybody else want to come along. More then welcome.

Looking forward to this road trip! :o

Cheers Bard

Well if the 600 is in the right hands. It will kick the litre boys into the weeds. Just watch Hans on his CBR600RR!

If things go according to plan (purchase of a new bike) ZX10R will be back in track gear by early Feb. And I will look forward to giving Charlie (German buddy with son) a flick of my tailpipe on track.

New bike, are you going for a new ZX10R, sweet bike I always wanted one of those. Charlie is fast Travelmate looking forward to see you race with him, also he is an excellent man really cool, well they all are. Tony had the pleasure this weekend to crash into all of them on Bira and just soaking in the racing bikes on the track, excellent day was a lot of guys there this time so it was really fun. And yes Hans is awesome, really pro and fast, can't believe how fast he can go with his 600 what a sight.

Cheers Bard

New bike, are you going for a new ZX10R, sweet bike I always wanted one of those. Charlie is fast Travelmate looking forward to see you race with him, also he is an excellent man really cool, well they all are. Tony had the pleasure this weekend to crash into all of them on Bira and just soaking in the racing bikes on the track, excellent day was a lot of guys there this time so it was really fun. And yes Hans is awesome, really pro and fast, can't believe how fast he can go with his 600 what a sight.

Cheers Bard

It won't be the ZX10R. Got one already. Tuned for track use. Not really suitable for street. Engine been modified amongst other things.

So looking for something more street worthy. I will know later if I can get my hands on one.

Always had a lot of fun with Charlie. Always complain I howl pass on the straight. :o Hans I reckon he don't like using the brake. Hence he is super quick. :D

Your right about that, Hans is amazing lot to learn from him.

Can't help myself after I hit the track I got completely addicted I just have to go there all the time, and it feels like dying when I'm not there it is so good to push a bike on track it's beyond anything. I am so happy there I have a cotton for your hart feeling, the speed, the fear the engine the flying feeling is just ridiculous love it to death it's an adrenaline rush. That is what motorbikes are all about, also touring is great, go with good people enjoy scenery and have a lot of fun in the process so I can comprehend why you want a streetbike. What bike are you going for?

Cheers Bard

Can't help myself after I hit the track I got completely addicted I just have to go there all the time, and it feels like dying when I'm not there it is so good to push a bike on track it's beyond anything. I am so happy there I have a cotton for your hart feeling, the speed, the fear the engine the flying feeling is just ridiculous love it to death it's an adrenaline rush. That is what motorbikes are all about, also touring is great, go with good people enjoy scenery and have a lot of fun in the process so I can comprehend why you want a streetbike. What bike are you going for?

Cheers Bard

I'll tell you the bike when i find out myself. For now got to keep it low.

The biggest rush is when there is 3 or 4 of you in line millimetres apart going flatout round the track. Ur on the guy's arse in front, at the same time you hear the bike behind you waiting for you to cock it up, on top of this you are leaned way over in a corner grinding your knee puck to smithereens taking all your concentration and might to keep your line. And hope the f@%$&r stay behind you!!! :o

Only thing I really wonder about is Trent's new name on ThaiVisa, he is not nakedair1300 anymore, think nakedinbar would suit him better actually and that one would be valid for life I can imagine, or lookatmymatewhenifuc_kyou but then again that is to long.

Cheers Bard

I thinks a little too long , but nothing he hasnt heard before :o but i see you have gotten to know Trent very well in a short space of time :D here is what i propose , i do a swap for the"Nakedair1300" and we create a new one for Trent , so lets open this up to a few more suggestions for him...

possible username for Trent = ?

Cheers Bard

I'll tell you the bike when i find out myself. For now got to keep it low.

The biggest rush is when there is 3 or 4 of you in line millimetres apart going flatout round the track. Ur on the guy's arse in front, at the same time you hear the bike behind you waiting for you to cock it up, on top of this you are leaned way over in a corner grinding your knee puck to smithereens taking all your concentration and might to keep your line. And hope the f@%$&r stay behind you!!! :o

I'm so pissed that I have to go back to work in February and not enjoy life at the track, what a horrible thing to do stay at work offshore just longing for riding day and night. Unfair but there you go at least I'm off all March and I shall be on the new bike 24/7 just living the life. If you get a streetbike you should join up Travelmate I will do all of Thailand plus a true iron butt when I get my new mistress, can't wait I can't even sleep because I think of it all the time.

Cheers Bard

I think the best one for Trent would be 'OH MY GOD PUT THAT UGLY fuc_kING THING AWAY, YA PUTTING ME OFF ME BEER, SECRET SOI BOY' :D

Tis a bit long but then Trent always says that about the 'thing' as well. thats why he always wears a bum bag at the front :o