Modem + Gigabit Router + Draft-n Wifi?

wpcoe

On my shopping list is a single unit that has ALL the following:

• ADSL modem
  • 10/10/1000 (gigabit) router/switch
  • draft-N WiFi

I cannot find a single such model in Thailand.

My current Zyxel DSL modem/router/wifi unit is dying. I lose the connection between my computer and the router every 30 minutes or so, so I am looking for a replacement.

My desktop and notebook computers have built-in gigabit ethernet, and since I travel a lot, I regularly synchronize files and settings between the two. Since my current router is only 10/100 ethernet, I do cable swapping to make a direct cable between my two computers to take advantage of the gigabit ethernet speed. So, I want the replacement modem/router to be gigabit.

I want to get draft-n WiFi since a/b/g units are limited in speed and range and undoubtedly my next notebook will be draft-n (or by then, approved-n). I do use WiFi with my notebook in other parts of my condo.

And, of course, I'd rather have a single unit, rather than separate modem and router.

I was lusting over the flashy Belkin N1 Vision Modem-Router on Aus and UK web sites (until I read reviews of lacklustre performance), but apparently that unit is not being marketed in Asia anyway.

There are plenty of models with two of my three criteria, but not all three. Why the heck doesn't someone make and market such a model here?

• 3 weeks later...

Belkin N1 Vision Modem-Router actually I bought this product here in bangkok. I have seen some routers that are draft n wifi. I dont know if you have checked this or not but go to the IT City, 4th floor, Siam Paragon. I found most of my stuff I need there

A belkin surge protector

Belkin N1 Vision

Various other things

as far as the Gigabit Router You might check that there although I dont know if they have one or not since I've never looked for one.

Belkin N1 Vision Modem-Router actually I bought this product here in bangkok. I have seen some routers that are draft n wifi. I dont know if you have checked this or not but go to the IT City, 4th floor, Siam Paragon. I found most of my stuff I need there

A belkin surge protector

Belkin N1 Vision

Various other things

as far as the Gigabit Router You might check that there although I dont know if they have one or not since I've never looked for one.

Thanks for the info. Next time I'm in Bangkok I will check at IT City. The IT City in Pattaya doesn't have the modem-router, just the router.

Since you have the Belkin N1 Vision Modem-Router, you already have a gigabit router. :-)