Dvd Sale In Villa Market Supermarket Pattaya

syd barrett

Villa Market Supermarket is hidden away at the 'Avenue' shopping complex on Second Road. Towards the check-out desks on the right hand side of the liquor section is a bargain bin of cheap DVD movies.

Priced at 199 Baht, there is a selection of very popular movies that you have probably seen but do not own yet. Typical titles: Once Upon a time in America, Goodfellas, Aliens, Porky's, Casablanca, Gigi, etc etc.

Of course they are all originals, well packaged and many are double disc sets with extras etc.

Enjoy, hepcats! :o

Edited by syd barrett

Villa Market Supermarket is hidden away at the 'Avenue' shopping complex on Second Road. Towards the check-out desks on the right hand side of the liquor section is a bargain bin of cheap DVD movies.

Priced at 199 Baht, there is a selection of very popular movies that you have probably seen but do not own yet. Typical titles: Once Upon a time in America, Goodfellas, Aliens, Porky's, Casablanca, Gigi, etc etc.

Of course they are all originals, well packaged and many are double disc sets with extras etc.

Enjoy, hepcats! :o

Hey, Khun Syd!

Wow, great!!

D'you think they've got the new releases:

-Once Upon a Time in Gigi

-Porkablanca

-Casa Porky's

-Aliens vs. Goodfellas 1,2,3 (and my personal favourite:)

-Goodporkers

Lemme know...

:D

I was expecting you to say around 50 baht ,not 199 :o

199 Baht is a rip-off . In Bangkok 50 Baht in the cinema across from Siam Paragon.

Or use torrent...

They are original movies, not copies (which are often poor quality).

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the original reel of film?

I'm sure you mean an authorized DVD(or VCD??) version as opposed to maybe

some film shot by a guy in a trench coat with a shakey camera in a theatre :D

Well that's what I mean too..

199 Baht is a rip-off . In Bangkok 50 Baht in the cinema across from Siam Paragon.

Or use torrent...

Really?are those original dvd's and the big titles at 50 baht?

As far as I could see they were. Even had some golden oldies like Gone with the wind. 199

is the most I have ever heard of in Thailand

Another good option is just to trade your DVDs for FREE at the expat club on second road on Sunday.

Or use torrent...

Why use torrents when HD versions are on rapid share, big files take a while to download but the quality is superb

Isn't rapid share a usenet based service?

Usenet binary rapid downloads are often limited or non-free

but it does work.

Torrents vary according to popularity but you do need ADSL.

These days CSI episodes can be downloaded in 10 minutes and older movies

up to 3 weeks or more...

Can't remember the name of the shop and am not sure if it is one of the Maeng Pong group but the DVD shop in Big C south Pattaya sells original DVD's for between 149 and 199 and if you buy 4 of the ones with a gold stamp you get a 5th for free. Best deal for originals I have found in Pattaya.

I was in Villa this morning, looked at the vdo's but thought they are expensive. Genuine DVD movies from the Manpong shops are only B159 less your discount on your Manpong member card.

I was in Villa this morning, looked at the vdo's but thought they are expensive. Genuine DVD movies from the Manpong shops are only B159 less your discount on your Manpong member card.

Tell me more about the Mangpong member card?

Just ask the girl for a discount card when you buy your next movie there. I have every CSI series from Manpong and saved a lot with that little blue card. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Can't remember the name of the shop and am not sure if it is one of the Maeng Pong group but the DVD shop in Big C south Pattaya sells original DVD's for between 149 and 199 and if you buy 4 of the ones with a gold stamp you get a 5th for free. Best deal for originals I have found in Pattaya.

:o

Go to:

RHINO

IT City/Tutcom

4th (might be 5th) floor

-Cheaper, @ 120 baht/per movie

-AND, they'll tell you which movies are exc., v/good, so-so...

-AND, they'll preview your choices on their TV before you buy...

-AND, they have a punch card w/a free one after 10 purchased...

-SO:

Good luck, farang!

:D

Or use torrent...

Really?are those original dvd's and the big titles at 50 baht?

As far as I could see they were. Even had some golden oldies like Gone with the wind. 199

is the most I have ever heard of in Thailand

Another good option is just to trade your DVDs for FREE at the expat club on second road on Sunday.

can you tell me exactly where is the expat`s club?

RHINO

IT City/Tutcom, 4th (might be 5th) floor

Hi,

I do not understand these prices...

In most shops of Tukcom floor 4

price is 100 baht/DVD,

or 6 DVD for 500 baht.

Why pay more at Tukcom ?

RHINO

IT City/Tutcom, 4th (might be 5th) floor

Hi,

I do not understand these prices...

In most shops of Tukcom floor 4

price is 100 baht/DVD,

or 6 DVD for 500 baht.

Why pay more at Tukcom ?

There seems to be some real confusion here. When I started this thread I meant it to be a thread about genuine, ie. NOT copied DVD's.

I know that you can buy cheap DVD copies in Tuk Com, everyone does, but they vary in quality. I have bought some copies that are useless, some that have been faulty half way through (very annoying) and some that were O.K. then six months later don't play and seem to jump or stop.

If you just plan on watching a movie once, like an action movie, they are great. But if you are a serious movie-buff who has an extensive library of classic movies, then copies are worthless.

Any stores in Pattaya selling original movies of note is good information. Thanks.

There seems to be some real confusion here. When I started this thread I meant it to be a thread about genuine, ie. NOT copied DVD's.

Any stores in Pattaya selling original movies of note is good information. Thanks.

Yes, lets keep this discussion on original movies, no more talk of pirated movies thanks.

Is there a "mairngbong" (scorpion) store in Pattaya? Elsewhere in Thailand, they usually have a good range of original DVD's (new and old releases), both USA & Asia zones (usually Chinese release, however, original soundtrack included) as well as Thailand only "mairngbong" releases under license, & VCD's in English language.