Bangkok Golf Course Recommendation Please

sinonaut

Hi, I will be in Bangkok with a friend in transit to Phuket on the 28th of this month, We only have time for an early morning round, Can someone tell me which course will be best suite for us to play? I'm keen on course condition, distance from center city via cab, and cost of play (I've budgeted 1500b for greens fee).

Thanks in advance.

Located nearby to the airport are Subhapruek and Thana City golf courses. Their mid-week green fees should suit your budget. It should be about a 20 min drive from the airport to get there.

Also, you could try Muang Kaew and Lakewood, however green fees are a bit more expensive.

All the above courses are situated off the Bangna Trad expressway.

I haven't played any of the abovementioned courses over the past month, however, Subhapruek consistently receives good reviews from many golfers.

Located nearby to the airport are Subhapruek and Thana City golf courses. Their mid-week green fees should suit your budget. It should be about a 20 min drive from the airport to get there.

Also, you could try Muang Kaew and Lakewood, however green fees are a bit more expensive.

All the above courses are situated off the Bangna Trad expressway.

I haven't played any of the abovementioned courses over the past month, however, Subhapruek consistently receives good reviews from many golfers.

my thoughts, thana city nice course, generally mediocre service and slow play (popular with locals so packed), better option is lakewood 5 mins further down the expressway, suprabruek is a nice track but a bit far and strange booking conditions although cheapish green fees.

There is a nice course about 40 minutes north of Bangkok near Autthaya called Rachakram Golf Club. The course has only been open for two years and the greens are in excellent condition. The green fee is around 800 Baht on the weekday. They also have a hotel right next to the club house if you want to play two days in a row. You can find more information if you Google "Rachakram Golf Club".

• 1 month later...

Appreciate the recommendations..Bangkok golf club and KTK looks worth trying :o. What's the best way to book tee times..any websites or companys that arrange and have deals?

BTW if I wanted to go straight from the Intl airport to say Bangkok golf club what's the best way to arrange transport to it without getting ripped off...I guess this also applies if I stay in downtown and want to get to any golf club and back..heard that taxi drivers will not go by meter etc.