Fuelprices

Bengt

I seen the last days that the prices of gasohol are increasing and just wonder if the government is about to stop subsidizing the gasohol as they have been doing at almost half a year.

Anyone that knows more about this??

Bengt!

The council also yesterday approved the Energy Ministry's proposal to spend around three billion baht from the Oil Fund to subsidise fuel prices after the excise tax on fuel resumes next month.

The subsidy programme will help motorists continue to enjoy relatively low fuel prices even though the former government's populist measures that waived excise taxes for gasohol and diesel since July were supposed to finish by the end of January.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/9867...put-off-for-now

The subsidy programme will help motorists continue to enjoy relatively low fuel prices even though the former government's populist measures that waived excise taxes for gasohol and diesel since July were supposed to finish by the end of January.

Lovely wording. :o The last government cutting excise taxes to throw people a bone when fuel prices were in the 40-44 baht range was 'populist', but subsidising from the oil fund isn't. I see. :D Either way I'm happy at the low prices.

Also great to see Diesel once again cheaper than petrol (gasohol, even)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The excise duty removed on diesel was around 3 baht a ltr, when oil price's were in the mid 30 baht range with diesel peaking at 44 baht,

this was a great help for my business & i think many other business's that rely on heavy fuel use.

The 6 month is up but it looks like some good news to help offset the loss's made with the pound which today stands in the low 48 baht range :o

Also i believe the free water & electric scheme's are to be extended but i wait to see final details on this.