Best Place On Koh Samui

Hi,

Would like to get some advice from people on where the best place to stay in Koh Samui, for holiday.

Would prefer somewhere close to good cheap markets, shops, nice beach, and food. Night life quiet not too busy, or too many parties.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Would like to get some advice from people on where the best place to stay in Koh Samui, for holiday.

Would prefer somewhere close to good cheap markets, shops, nice beach, and food. Night life quiet not too busy, or too many parties.

Thanks in advance

south end of chaweng beach

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Bangrak or Bophut

Boput yes, maybe, but Ban Rak? Along that busy Road?

South Chaweng - YES!

Mae Nam - Bophut

Lamai - southern End

Depends on quite a few things one may want or not... budget?

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Bangrak or Bophut

South Chaweng - YES!

Mae Nam - Bophut

Lamai - southern End

South Chaweng is good, Or Lamai?

Edited by Franklin

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Bangrak or Bophut

South Chaweng - YES!

Mae Nam - Bophut

Lamai - southern End

the best places on Samui indeed - except Bophut

Menam from the middle to the Western - lefthand side - end

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Bangrak or Bophut

South Chaweng - YES!

Mae Nam - Bophut

Lamai - southern End

OK - agreed, but the demands: close to good cheap markets, shops, nice beach, and food. Night life quiet not too busy, or too many parties regarding the place/beach the OP is looking for, are somewhat difficult to match, it's either or neither!

Agreed?

This is imho best represented in Fishermans Village but then the beach life isn't all that great and the partly 'muddy/slimy' seabed....

West Mae Nam Beach is wonderful beach but then shops, market, night life is a an entire different story, one will have to make compromises!

As I don't see 'ol Rose Bar, or the other shacks down the Temple gate road, of great entertainment value, even one has occasional life music...

Southern end of Chaweng, from "Paradise Resort" onwards has it somewhat all, but then, it could be perceived as "too busy", I just love the choices, Laem Din Market in walking distance, many choices of Restaurants, Thai & International, from dirt cheap to very upscale, heaps of entertainment choices, lived in Mae Nam for a long time... though the beach is good, but the surroundings have deteriorated a lot!

Edited by Samuian

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Bangrak or Bophut

South Chaweng - YES!

Mae Nam - Bophut

Lamai - southern End

OK - agreed, but the demands: close to good cheap markets, shops, nice beach, and food. Night life quiet not too busy, or too many parties regarding the place/beach the OP is looking for, are somewhat difficult to match, it's either or neither!

Agreed?

This is imho best represented in Fishermans Village but then the beach life isn't all that great and the partly 'muddy/slimy' seabed....

West Mae Nam Beach is wonderful beach but then shops, market, night life is a an entire different story, one will have to make compromises!

As I don't see 'ol Rose Bar, or the other shacks down the Temple gate road, of great entertainment value, even one has occasional life music...

Southern end of Chaweng, from "Paradise Resort" onwards has it somewhat all, but then, it could be perceived as "too busy", I just love the choices, Laem Din Market in walking distance, many choices of Restaurants, Thai & International, from dirt cheap to very upscale, heaps of entertainment choices, lived in Mae Nam for a long time... though the beach is good, but the surroundings have deteriorated a lot!

uhm, you are right, I read that too hastily

Chaweng South would be best choice. Southern Lamai and Menam middle would be also ok. From, let's say, Wandee Bung., it's not too far to Menam village.

where or what hotels in Southern Lamai or Southern Chaweng?

Chaweng:

Tango Resort

Corto Maltese

OP Bungalows...

Chaweng sth.:

Seascape Beach Resort...

Samui Lagoon Bay

Baan Talay Resort

southern most - bit off ... but nice:

Sea Side Bungalow

Lamai: ?

Is it advisable to book before, or walk-ins?

Cheers

Depends walk in prices are usually the highest shelf prices -

one never knows until - I would suggest to book a minimum and

then extend with bargain power of staying there already!

Or contact them directly.... make sure U know all the online offers!

Chaweng:

Tango Resort

Corto Maltese

OP Bungalows...

Chaweng sth.:

Seascape Beach Resort...

Samui Lagoon Bay

Baan Talay Resort

Sea Side Bungalow

Cheers, thanks alot.

The ones suggested looked pretty nice, will look further into it.

My wife however likes The Chaweng Garnden Beach Resort, Or the Weekender Resort and Spa (on Lamai) are these any good? Close to shops and beach.

Chaweng:

Tango Resort

Corto Maltese

OP Bungalows...

Chaweng sth.:

Seascape Beach Resort...

Samui Lagoon Bay

Baan Talay Resort

Sea Side Bungalow

Cheers, thanks alot.

The ones suggested looked pretty nice, will look further into it.

My wife however likes The Chaweng Garnden Beach Resort, Or the Weekender Resort and Spa (on Lamai) are these any good? Close to shops and beach.

weekender is nice, and they are doing 50% off at the moment

Cheers.

Looking at the internet prices, no mention of 50% off.

Where can I contact or book at the special discount rates.

best to send them an email and mentioned a ' Friend ' saw the 50 % sign off at the front of the hotel and say you would like that rate :o

Thanks

Cheers will do.

look forward to Koh Samui.

if weekender, say "Hello!" to "Big Mama" from me!

(if you see her, you know why!)

while doing some research I came across the Lamai Inn 99 Homepage - quite funny how easy thai can take things...

Check this out:

Lamai Inn 99 Operates at a 95% occupancy rate during high and peak seasons and many of our guests are repeat customers who stay on overage of two weeks.

i can say most are overaged or past it who stay there :o

Cheers.

Looking at the internet prices, no mention of 50% off.

Where can I contact or book at the special discount rates.

best to send them an email and mentioned a ' Friend ' saw the 50 % sign off at the front of the hotel and say you would like that rate :o

Thanks

Nope. No sale on at the moment.

But looks alright not bad.

Could you please keep us updated on the Weekender situation . You can tell them another "friend" wants to come in mid February.!

The Weekender situation is that there is no sale. Sales and promotions are effective in May to June.

So I guess it's full rates.

Still deciding either Chaweng or Lamai, still got a couple of days to decide.